5' - 5'3" females- want to lose 25-30 lbs

Options

Replies

• skellymama1
    skellymama1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    R4SNik wrote: »
    I usually post weights on Sunday. I weighed Saturday just to see because I was going to meet friends that evening. The number last week was 132.0. On Saturday it was 134.8.

To be honest I felt really defeated. I knew I put the work in this week. HOW IN THE HELL CAN I GAIN ALMOST 3LB. Deep breath. It's my TOM, I had Chinese (high sodium) the night before and I recently changed my workout program. All of these things can lead to water weight gain. Seriously, 3 F***ing pounds? I feel like I'm making excuses.

Just for the hell of it I weighed again today 133.4, Yup 1.4 pounds less than yesterday. Still up, but I'm beginning to accept that things out of your control can make things look worse than they are. I'll let things level out and see where I am next week.

Hope y'all have a kick *kitten* week. Meet ya back here next week with an update.

Nikki

This is me every month but i usually follow it with a loss so it all evens out. The joys of bein a woman!
  • shortgirlslim1
    shortgirlslim1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I'm actually starting a blog/pinterest/instagram for girls just like us! Would appreciate it if you followed me. :) Let's do this together!

Charlotte
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    5'1.5" need to lose like 40 though.
  • lizseahawk
    lizseahawk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    please add me! CW 149. GW 130 5'2 49 years old
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to add, motivate, support, and talk!
    Height: 5'2"
    CW: 123, but not fit. I have a habit of being lazy and eating junk.
    Looking to get a bit more fit, so I can be a better example for my daughter!
  • sonyaroseb
    sonyaroseb Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey y'all! Updating for the first time since mid-December. Had an AMAZING holiday season! Not personally, personally it sucked, but fitness wise, stayed on track and made amazing progress!

SW: 166 (11/30/16)
    CW: 153 (1/5/17) (and minus 3 inches in my booty!!)
    GW: 125

Switching up my meal plans weekly and switching up my workouts daily! Sweating my butt off in kickboxing and spinning 4x per week, doing barre 2x per week, and adding TRX this week to see if I like it. Good luck friends, keep going!
  • cguydo
    cguydo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, 5'4" started at 181 lbs, now 151, goal weight 116 :)

116?! I'm 5'4" , 29 yrs. my goal for now is 135
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    cguydo wrote: »

I'm 5'3" and I started in August at 152, got to my original goal weight (which I thought was going to never happen, btw!) of 135, and now my NEW goal is 115! I'm currently at 129 (yay! the holidays were a real "blip"!) but I KNOW I'll make it to 115! I think optimally I'd like to be able to hover around 117 (that would be 35 lbs. gone!) ...but def my new goal is 115-118. Why not? Good luck!

BTW -- Wednesday is my "weigh in" day here on this thread -- so I guess I just did that-- have a good week everyone!

@sonyaroseb -- great progress!!
  • TayByrd
    TayByrd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would Love to join you all. Anyone can feel free to add me. I am getting married in July and could use some motivation and some like minded individuals to go on this journey with.

I am 5'2 and weight 200, my goal is 150 by July for my wedding and the start of the next chapter of my life :smile:
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cguydo wrote: »

I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is floating somewhere between 140 and 150. For reference, that will put me at about a 26 to 28 inch waist size, which is about as small as I've been, even at my most fit (when I had a very active job and was cycling about 100 miles a week). I have friends that are a similar size and shape, but may weigh 20lbs less than me. Or who may weigh the same but be 3 sizes bigger. Everybody's body composition can be very different.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 167 lbs got down to 140 3 yrs ago but crept back up. I am a T1 Diabetic insulin dependent and am active. Pounds love me they never want to leave me!! LOL I weigh in on Fridays and I will post weekly.
  • KusiQuyllur2015
    KusiQuyllur2015 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm 5'2, 150lb and need to lose 25 lbs! Would love the support. Feel free to add me! Need some motivational friends! :smiley:
  • bethjpsu
    bethjpsu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hi- I'm 5'0" and need to lose at least 25 pounds... currently have lost 5 pounds since starting. Would love to have friends who understand that when you are short you look at it and it is on your waist!!! :smiley:
  • karleeggarner
    karleeggarner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know what others calorie limits are? I'm 5"3' CW171 GW 135. I have a fitbit charge2 which tracks my heart rate and thus calories burned all day (and night). Looking over my average calories burned a day, to have a 20% deficit would put my calorie limit at 1700-1900. Keep in mind this is factoring in exercise. But, this still seems high to me in order to lose weight. How many calories are you eating at the end of the day and still seeing success with a safe weight loss? I figure since we are similar sizes maybe someone here would have some accurate insight for me when it comes to setting my calorie limits
  • sstanoje
    sstanoje Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I find the extra calories that Fitbit gives are too much. I just include actual exercise and not the daily regular calories burned and that seems to be fine. I was following the calories burned from Fitbit to the t and I was not losing weight! Took me a long time to realize why too! Duh!!
  • karleeggarner
    karleeggarner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I just really want to do this right and I don't want to eat too few calories either, causing me to lose lean muscle and make it difficult to maintain or end up with a fast plateau. I'm currently in physical therapy to help strengthen my hips and back so it's important that I allow myself to build up that muscle to keep me from being in pain again so I know I need to eat protein and make sure I don't have too large of a calorie deficit for that purpose
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't use a fit bit, but I walk in/out of work / gym so 1-2 hours a day. Do strength or conditioning most days for about an hour. My cals average over the last month about 1700 and have lost 1-1.5 lb a week. I'm 5 foot 1.5 and about 155+ lb and aged 40+. I was at 1500 but was too hungry. I find I need to fuel my work outs. I also don't really sweat it if it's up at 2000+ for a day, I naturally don't want as much other days or I'll run a bit more over the next week. I'm down about 50lb in total, about 25 recently.

But 1700 with out the same level of activity would only be just under tdee for me, so just under maintenance.

I will however probably increase it in a month or two for a break, I'm thinking 1900. Then reduce it back down to 1700. I work out to feel strong and healthy, it's not a calorie burning exercise! The walking is just as quick as driving and far better for my mental health !!

Stress and sleep need to be in order for me or the whole game falls apart!
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I figured out my TDEE, which put me at about 1500 to lose consistently. I aim for 1400-1600, and usually find it fairly easy to get right about 1500 most days (not counting yesterday when I just blew it out of the water
  • bsbjrn
    bsbjrn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 55
    H 5'1"
    CW 191
    GW 150 (for now) -- 1 step at a time
    Negative: job change 6 months ago, from fast-paced trauma ER to sedate office == 20 lbs weight gain :**(

This group sounds very encouraging. I really loved this app