Looking for others doing Keto LCHF

Options
I just started the Keto LCHF a few days ago through Diet Doctor. I have a friend I met on MFP several years ago that has done and is still doing this to lose her weight and maintain it. I am looking for others here that would share recipes and give support and guidance.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yep. The Low Carber Daily is where you'll find most low carbers and keto'ers.
  • anbrito
    anbrito Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone , just started Keto this week any tips?
  • buf4rn59
    buf4rn59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started keto also. Looking for advice and inspiration
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    anbrito wrote: »
    Hi everyone , just started Keto this week any tips?

Up your sodium to 3000-5000mg per day. That's 1-2+ teaspoons of salt per day. That will help you avoid the electrolyte imbalance that people call the keto flu.

Good luck.
  • ChristineKing6
    ChristineKing6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have just started keto with correct keto macros set on myfitnesspal and I have ordered ketone test strips for urine. This will be my first day of doing keto macros and meeting them, I haven't had success with keto before and was wondering why, then I learned about ketosis will not be reached if there is too much protein being consumed. Keto diet is 70%fat!
  • BeautifulScars
    BeautifulScars Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto for about 4 weeks now. I'm always looking for new Keto friends :)
  • lwearn
    lwearn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started doing Keto 1 week ago, and I'm looking for friends as well! :)
  • bring444
    bring444 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also just started a Keto diet 2 weeks ago, I feel healthier already, but would like to find people that are also getting used to this diet or have experience doing it long term.
  • ShanBanKrup
    ShanBanKrup Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not super strict with keto but I do try to follow a meal plan along those lines. I find the low carb diets in general to be fabulous for weight loss and sustaining energy. The typical American diet I think pushes high carbs and so your body just never learns to use it's own fat and energy storages. Anyways hope it goes for well you!
  • OrdinaryDiva
    OrdinaryDiva Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm following keto diet as well! Love to connect. [edited by mods] Would love to be friends in myfitness pal or connect on instagram.
  • VKetoV
    VKetoV Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend a cyclical approach or cheat days/"refeeds" if you like consistency. Once you adapt, you will not have to re-adapt if you choose this as a long term lifestyle without significant increases in carbohydrates.
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Started Keto on the first. I've dropped 6lbs my first week and still going strong. I have 50lbs to lose.
  • Moran829
    Moran829 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Started Keto about the first myself, down 7lbs so far,and a lot more to go! Had some bad choices still in the pantry at the beginning and my carb demon just had to have it, but glad to see the scale start going down again!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    There are 20,000+ low carbers, slow carbers and ketoers over at:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Newbie here as well. Still learning all the ins and outs and trying to get together a few meal/snack ideas.
  • southblessings
    southblessings Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been LCHF since April 2010, & Paleo-ish Keto (sometimes more LCHF than Keto) for about 1 year. It's a great lifestyle! Welcome!qc7ear61yo01.jpg
  • Flab2Fab32
    Flab2Fab32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been doing keto LCHF since 10/31017 and have lost 37lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • Jla408
    Jla408 Posts: 1,830 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to do keto. Always looking for new ideas and foods, as I am super picky. Send me a friend invite and check my diary :)
  • lolakeziah
    lolakeziah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am Keto also.

Not new per say but started over as of January 1 let me know if you need any help.