Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Sorry to hear about your foot! How was your check-up?

Hi! Glad to see you back. I found out today that it's a ligament and no broken bones, so I'm very happy about that! They had me worried. So, I have to continue wearing the orthopedic knee-high boot for two more weeks and then they will re-evaluate at that time. It's like trying to walk in ski boots! I'm bumping into everything!

Sorry to hear about your foot Tracie! I know what you mean with the ski boots! When I twisted my ankle in June they thought it was only a sprain, but I had chipped a bone. Had to wear those dumb boots - and hated them! Hope you heal fast! Ligaments do take awhile to heal, so be careful!
  • cheer4you
    cheer4you Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will drink 6-8oz. glasses of water
    Exercise twice
    Take time to smell the roses
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yesterday - good on walk, 75% on logging, water good, and steps/hour good! For today:
    • log all
    • >10k steps for day
    • > 250 steps/hour
    • start each meal with fruit/veggie
    • > 80 oz water
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did well until the night... I went over to watch the football game and then made bad food choices!!

Today, I started "shark week' (I like to call it that).

So just for today:
    --Stay in allotted calorie limit
    --Drink 100 OZ water
    --Move my booty!!! haha

It is actually decent in MI today, raining... and I think it's above 30? Not sure. Feels like a heatwave/spring day for sure!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    woznube7 wrote: »

It is actually decent in MI today, raining... and I think it's above 30? Not sure. Feels like a heatwave/spring day for sure!

It's 30 degrees in Green Bay, WI today too and I agree! It feels like a heat wave compared to the below zero temps! I was so excited that I didn't even have to zip my coat today to walk into work. Have a great day! (P.S. I think it's almost impossible NOT to eat bad foods watching football.)

@cheer4you Love that one of your goals is to take time to stop and smell the roses! That's a GREAT goal!
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Today:

- drink 75+ oz of water
    - squat 135 for 8, leg press 270 for 8
    - go for a quick nature walk :)
    - 10,000 steps!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Today (Monday, 1/9)
    1. Stick to meal plan and eat no CRAP! :)
    2. Journal every bite, even cheats :) (Skinny caramel latte...sure have a lot of carbs even though it was skinny!)
    3. Hydrate ;) Need to do better at this
    4. 30 minutes exercise :/
    5. Unplug an hour before bed and read, journal :s Brought my work laptop home last night and continued working until 10 p.m. so I was very bad. Couldn't turn my brain off when I went to bed then either.
    Work:
    1. Finish tasks for CHDA/CT exam :) Finished them, but it took me until 10 p.m. (13-hour work day)
    2. Start patient build for Rusk :/ Ran out of time. Taught a class in the morning.
    3. Begin PLY exercises :/ Ran out of time. Working on this today
    Home
    1, Budget :/ Worked all day and night
    2. Write letter and mail it :( Worked all day and night
    3. Go to gym to ride bike, sunlight bed, massage chair :( See above. Maybe today?

Well, obviously work took over my life yesterday! let's try this again. I think I need to make daily goals and make some of the things I want to get done to a weekly goal. Otherwise, I feel like I fail if I don't get everything done in one day. And since I log in here every day, it's easy to keep track of what I do get done.

Just for Today (Tuesday, Jan 10)
    1. Stick to meal plan. Journal every bite, even cheats.
    2. HYDRATE, WITH WATER!!! Coffee is not WATER!
    3. Find floor exercises or weights that you can do while I have to wear this stupid ortho boot.
    4. Unplug one hour before bedtime, read and journal.
    5. Finish my project for Rusk and WWD at work. This will lift a HUGE amount of stress.
    6. At least one random act of kindness
    7. Repeat today's mantra: Stop and breathe. Relax. No reason to stress. It's just a job, not your life.

This week I will...
    1, Finish the 2017 budget
    2. Let someone know I'm thinking of them by sending them a handwritten letter
    3. Go to gym and have some "me" time
    4. Schedule a massage

Have a GREAT day everyone!
  • woznube7
    Options
    woznube7 wrote: »

It's 30 degrees in Green Bay, WI today too and I agree! It feels like a heat wave compared to the below zero temps! I was so excited that I didn't even have to zip my coat today to walk into work. Have a great day! (P.S. I think it's almost impossible NOT to eat bad foods watching football.)

@cheer4you Love that one of your goals is to take time to stop and smell the roses! That's a GREAT goal!

Hello from across the lake!! :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,513 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carmela, and think this thread will be good for me. I need something simple to keep me accountable. I live in Green Bay, WI, and skipped the lunchtime snowshoe hike at work due to rain - what? after negative wind chills for 5 straight days!

My goals for today:
    1) Meditate in afternoon
    2) Walk 10000 steps
    3) Stay busy in evening to resist triggers to eat
    4) Tomorrow a.m. get up after only one snooze alarm and get something done, even if it's only...

• zimzamzum
    zimzamzum Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today has been good - no sugar and no snacks. Pledging the same for tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just for today, Monday, 1/9
    1. log all food :)
    2. Really concentrate on drinking minimum of 6 glasses of water :)
    3. NO POPCORN tonite!! Drink a protein shake, or eat a apple instead. :/ Had popcorn, but had enough calories, so I was OK with that.
    4. work on end of year journal entries :/
    5. do a quick clean of house :)
    6. laundry :)

Tuesday, 1/10
    1. get to the gym, or walk. It is almost 50 degrees out today!
    2. do 20 squats
    3. log all food
    4. drink water
    5. organize 1 thing
    6. work on journal entries/taxes

Yesterday was a good day. I felt more in control than I have in a long time. I still have to work more on getting enough water in, but yesterday was better. I did have popcorn in the evening, and a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. But .... I stopped at just 1 sandwich, and I had eaten lighter throughout the day, so I had enough calories to do this.
    Hoping for another repeat today.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. plan/track exercise for the week :smiley:
    3. under 100G carbs :)
    4. one hour intense Zumba :smiley:
    5. one weight circuit :smiley:
    6. 60 situps :)
    7. ten pushups :(
    8. 10+ cups water :( 9

1. weigh in
    2. under 100G carbs
    3. swim a mile
    4. 60 situps
    5. ten pushups
    6. 10+ cups water
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments were:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No unhealthy snacks :/ Had a cold and had to work till 8pm so ''rewarded" myself with a chocolate bar.... wasn't really necessary
    - Stay within calories :/ due to chocolate bar and slightly fattening lunch
    - 30 + minute lunch break :/ didn't have time for this today. .
    - Meditate :/ due to forgetting my headphones when i went out for lunch!
    - Don't just focus on the big key priority - get it done quickly and make time for some of the less urgent stuff too (this is the complete opposite of my normal commitment here...) :| Not bad... big scary priority did take more time than expected but I also did get another big thing done too!

Tomorrow's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - No unhealthy snacks - No chocolate!!
    - Lunch less than 400 calories
    - Choose healthy option at dinner - five bean chilli or skinny burger
    - g&t only, NO WINE!
    - exercise class after work

-30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - catch up on neglected project - get on top of things!
    - listen to music and power through, no faffing
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carmela, and think this thread will be good for me. I need something simple to keep me accountable. I live in Green Bay, WI, and skipped the lunchtime snowshoe hike at work due to rain - what? after negative wind chills for 5 straight days!

My goals for today:
    1) Meditate in afternoon
    2) Walk 10000 steps
    3) Stay busy in evening to resist triggers to eat
    4) Tomorrow a.m. get up after only one snooze alarm and get something done, even if it's only...

Hi Carmela! I also live in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Small world! :)
  • woznube7
    Options
    Good Morning! Happy Wednesday -- yay for being half way!

Todays commitments:
    -Log and complete diay!
    -Put my laundry away
    -Drink five bottles of water (i've been slacking!)
    -Exercise video
  • cheer4you
    cheer4you Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will drink at least 6 glasses of water
    Exercise for 30 minutes
    Call a friend who haven't talked to for quite some time
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @woznube7 Hello!!! I'm waving at you from my side of the lake! Hopefully I'm not large enough for you to see me! It's an awful big lake! LOL!
    Just for Today (Tuesday, Jan 10)
    1. Stick to meal plan. Journal every bite, even cheats. :)
    2. HYDRATE, WITH WATER!!! Coffee is not WATER! :(
    3. Find floor exercises or weights that you can do while I have to wear this stupid ortho boot. :/ Worked 8a-830p last night so not exercises again. Try, try again...
    4. Unplug one hour before bedtime, read and journal. ;)
    5. Finish my project for Rusk and WWD at work. This will lift a HUGE amount of stress. ;) I didn't get this done, but the amount of work I DID get done lifted a huge amount of stress too, so I guess it's kind of a win?
    6. At least one random act of kindness :) Helped a patient's family member at the hospital yesterday.
    7. Repeat today's mantra: Stop and breathe. Relax. No reason to stress. It's just a job, not your life. :) It worked! I think I will keep this one for today also (although as of last night, I had 28.5 hours in already of my 40 hour week. Being salary is not always such a good thing).

This week I will...
    4. Schedule a massage

Just for today, Wednesday, 1/11
    Pretty much the same as yesterday!
    1. Stick to meal plan. Journal every bite, even cheats.
    2. HYDRATE, WITH WATER!!! Coffee is not WATER!
    3. Find floor exercises or weights (maybe yoga?) that you can do while I have to wear this stupid ortho boot.
    4. Unplug one hour before bedtime, read and journal.
    5. Make significant progress on my project for Rusk and WWD at work. You probably won't finish it today but you can by Friday if you just concentrate and stop procrastinating! Stop letting all the little things distract you!
    6. At least one random act of kindness

This week I will...
    4. Schedule a massage
  • cschmitz110515
    Options

Hi Carmela! I also live in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Small world! :)

Hi @OConnell5483! :smile:
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Tuesday, 1/10
    1. get to the gym, or walk. It is almost 50 degrees out today! :) 45 minutes on the treadmill, with speed 4.0, incline 6.0. Did not get outside though for my walk, as sick yet.
    2. do 20 squats :)
    3. log all food :):/ Yes .... even logged 3 skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. But ... at least I logged them.
    4. drink water :/
    5. organize 1 thing :/
    6. work on journal entries/taxes :/

Spent 2 hours in the sewing machine store while the guy tried to fix my sewing machine. Ended up with light-headedness and dizziness again, so back in bed. So frustrating, but I guess I have to rest when I feel this way, in hopes to get better faster.

My SIL was just diagnosed with diabetes, so she has been on a "diabetic" diet. She has lost 45 lbs, but what she does is eat no more than 200 carbs a day. This seems like a lot of carbs, but it is something I am going to concentrate more on watching.

so Just for Today, Wed, 1/11
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water!!!! WATER WATER WATER
    3. try and get out for a walk, or go to the gym if I feel OK
    4. watch carbs
    5. look up what kinds of food are the lowest in carbs
    6. run to sams
    7. clean my sewing area up

Hope everyone has a great day today
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    My goals for 1/10/17:
    1) Meditate in afternoon - YES
    2) Walk 10000 steps - YES, including 1.5 miles on the treadmill - I even replaced the batteries, so it's been a while!
    3) Stay busy in evening to resist triggers to eat - NO - stayed up late finishing laundry, and didn't control my late evening snacking at all. :neutral:
    4) Tomorrow a.m. get up after only one snooze alarm and get something done, even if it's only... - YES, even though I was dreaming that I was late for work, and I got up before the actual alarm went off. Nice to have that "extra" time in the morning, though. :smiley:

Just for W 1/11/17:
    1) Meditate in afternoon
    2) Since friend had to postpone our dinner tonight, walk on treadmill in evening and complete 10,000 steps
    3) Stick to evening meal plan and NO snacks after dinner
    4) Start a trend, and get up after first snooze alarm tomorrow a.m.