Most hated food

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2017
    organ meat...

I won't touch the stuff, but when I was a kid I didn't really have a choice.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    I'm a very adventurous eater and I generally like everything. But the one food I absolutely can't stand is durian. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a fruit that tastes like meat and it's absolutely disgusting.
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Butter beans, licorice and liver. Everything else is welcome. It's odd I don't like licorice but yet I like absinthe from time to time. Weird.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Liver, quinoa, kale and a few other leaves. Rice - after a slightly dehydrated experience with morning sickness a decade ago. Yuck.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited January 2017
    Brussel sprouts, chick peas. Those are the only two foods that I will not eat and I've tried many "unusual" foods. I just cannot abide the taste of the former or the texture of the latter.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Lamb, even the odor of it cooking turns me off.
    All innards....liver, kidneys, etc.
    Licorice.

Everything else I'll at least try.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    I don't like black olives or black licorice. Don't care for cilantro either. But I passionately HATE milk.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    Ketchup.

OMG YES!!! I am so happy someone else hates ketchup. Like, the smell of it makes me gag. I hate even touching anything that had it on it.

I also really don't like many forms of onions, or mustard if it isn't mixed into something.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    No black licorice, mushrooms, canned vegetables, or animal organs.
    Other than those, I can't really think of a food I hate that much. I'm not very picky.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Licorice - black, red, other weird flavors...doesn't matter. Bleu cheese.
  • ironspeedy
    ironspeedy Posts: 3 Member
    Anything that still has a face when served....prawns for example. Just can't do it.
  • astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    I come from a family of picky eaters, but my parents were delighted to see that I would hoover up anything as a kid.

Today the only things I can think of that I don't like are Cookies and Cream ice cream and raw oysters. I got sick on Cookies and Cream ice cream as a kid and get a little nauseated just thinking about it today. As for oysters, why would anyone want to eat snot out of a rock?

Strangely I also got sick as a kid on raisins and chocolate chips, but I managed to power through and like them both today.
  • airplaneseat
    airplaneseat Posts: 3 Member
    Larb was the worst thing I have ever eaten. I was on a date and felt compelled to be polite and eat some of it after the guy swore that he was taking me to this Thai place that had the "best larb". Larb is a super spicy, super sour meat salad that looks like canned cat food.

I have eaten and can tolerate most things including bugs, all vegetables, and all organ meats (cow--including "Rocky Mountain Oysters" and chicken). Pretty much only larb, hominy and oatmeal are the only things I can think of that I don't like.

It is interesting and funny to read what some folks do not like.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Beets.
    I tried them every way I possibly could, and they just taste exactly like dragging your tongue in the dirt. I did cut the tops off and saute the greens...quite possibly some of the best greens I've ever eaten.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Canned peas, asparagus (although I eat it...blech), and blueberries (the raw ones...I hate how they pop in your mouth, and they are so bland).

Also - bugs. I would rather starve than eat a bug. Ew.
    I avoid organ meat, but if it was all I had to eat, I would probably eat it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Cilantro, cantaloupe, cucumber, black licorace, grape flavored things, fruit loops, velvetta, cheese whiz, mac and cheese from a box with cheese powder, most seafood, canned vegetables except tomatoes, raisins, poptarts, skim milk, margarine, squishy white sandwich bread, lemon candy, tapioca pudding, meat with sugar/syrup on it, ham with cloves, super spicy peppers, okra, hominy, things with artificial sweeteners, sherbet, pie with sugar sprinkled on the crust, carrot cake, low/no fat cheese, sweet pickles
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Kale and cilantro are my can't stand foods. I have the gene that makes cilantro taste soapy (it's a real thing). Kale is a similar soap + dirt taste for me. Good thing? There's gadzillion other foods to eat out there :)

Oh, my "weird" food aversions: I truly dislike ice cream and fruit, especially citrus, strawberries, and melons. I'm an odd one, lol.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Vegemite.

Even if you held a gun to my head and said I had to choose between eating that and death, I would still take some time to think about it.

That's an interesting one. I was curious about it and decided to try it. I didn't hate it. I didn't fall in love, but there is a hint of an umami something that makes it pleasant once you get past the salt. I'm a sucker for umami. I was fully equipped to drown it out milk and bread but I was surprised I didn't mind it at all, even kinda liked it.
  • hawkmancody
    hawkmancody Posts: 63 Member
    Most raw vegetables( love them steamed or sautéed) and liver. Other then that I'll eat pretty much anything.