are you about 5'5'' what's your goal? any before/after?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• abbyy182
    abbyy182 Posts: 56
    Options
    See, I don't know what looks good on me, I'm 5 5 but I know at 9stone I looked good before I was pregnant and before I started weekly drinking, so 126-130lbs is what I am aiming for. I had my son 6 1/2 months ago and need to get rid of the love handles ! Another 10-14lb to go, may try and go for the 14lbs, tho !:happy:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"...

I was about 135 a couple years ago and I was MOSTLY happy, would've liked closer to 125 ideally... I'm also kind of a muscular person so even lower would probably be possible for someone with non-gladiator legs
  • lmxoxo
    lmxoxo Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm 5'5" but I'm of a naturally small frame... My starting W was 121lbs, at which I didn't look or feel comfortable in my clothes :( my GW is between 113 and 115lbs, which would put my bmi at 18.8, therefore still healthy!!
    I haven't got any pictures, but I'm currently doing the 30 day shred (and sticking to my calorie goal), so I shall post my results when I'm done!
    I want to look AND feel healthy. We can do it! We all have to stay positive, nothing is impossible.
    Feel free to add me as a friend! :D xoxo
  • peachespeaches
    Options
    I'm 135 and my goal is 123. I'm a little more than 5'5''. I just joined this forum and hope it will do me good! I'm not very good at tracking the calories online but I keep a notepad with me, and I'll weigh in when I get a real scale. I don't track the exercise either- but I plan on exercising three times a week (compared to my normal zero times), and then increasing it once I master that. I've done it before... only 12 pounds to go!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 when rounding up, more like 5'4.5, but I currently weigh 141.2 (at last weigh-in). I'm a size 4 or 6 in pants, and 8 or 6 in dresses. I'm curvy, but a little more top-heavy. This is pretty much the same size, probably a little smaller, than I was in high school at (my skinniest) 125 lbs. The difference, however, is that I look a LOT healthier. If I never lost any more weight, I'd be happy with the way I look, but I'm getting married in a little over a year. My goal is to get to between 135-125, and maintain from there. My MFP goal is set at 130, though.

I feel that I carry the weight better than what I "should" look like-- and that's why I didn't weigh myself for four years. I would only go based on the way my clothes fit. Two weeks ago, however, I bought a scale and started tracking weight loss, instead of sizes lost. I guess this means that I have a larger frame, but the whole weight-appearance disparity is still confusing to me. If anything, I'd want to emphasize that you don't necessarily know how it will look until the weight is gone, and that's different for each person.

I hope this helps! :heart:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I was having one of those illogical "I don't see the difference" days. I hate those days!

Then I found a photo I took in the bathroom mirror in January before going to Zumba class. I was down six pounds at that point. Compared with a photo about six months later.... I'm seeing the difference again. :smile:

beforeafterexerciseu.jpg
  • bashleyf
    bashleyf Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'5" as well and my goal is 130 because I remember being 130 when I was a size 8 (but could also fit into some size 6s). I don't think that 125 is unhealthy at all. I don't have a before and after quite yet, hopefully in a few more months!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is 140 pounds. I have about 10 pounds to go. I started at 260 pounds. If you want to see my progress pics, there's a link in my signature. :smile: Oh, I'm 5 foot 4.5 inches.
  • katiemarie02
    katiemarie02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4inches. In the first instance I'm holding 160 as my goal weight. I carry my weight in my hips and thighs which is where I find it more difficult to lose the weight. My upper body and face are the first parts to change. Like some have mentioned I'll wait and see how I'm looking. Good topic though - '5'5" etc.
  • adamswife01
    adamswife01 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'5 and my goal weight is 130-135.
  • StephEx
    StephEx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    im 5'4 and im 268. im trying to get to 200 at least! good luck!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bumppp
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!