2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Replies

• ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    edited January 2017
    Happy to volunteer to be a mentor again. I have qualifications in personal training, sports and exercise nutrition, yoga and pilates. I've been a member here for a number of years and lost a lot of weight through diet changes and exercise. I don't believe in quick fix solutions and think that a steady approach is the most effective . I am based in the UK and I will always give support where i can and reply to messages as soon as possible. I'm happy to adopt anyone who wishes to be adopted :)
  • Korsifer
    Korsifer Posts: 7 Member
    I would love to be adopted! My name is Nikki, I'm 26 years old, 5' 6" and weigh 210lbs. I have always struggled with my weight but gained about 35lbs when I got pregnant with my daughter and she's almost 3 now!! I've decided enough is enough and I'm ready to fully commit to changing my lifestyle for the better. I want to be more active and make healthier food choices and I want to raise my daughter to do so as well. If you'd like to know anything else before committing to me as a mentor feel free to message me! I'll be glad to get to know you to see if we'd be a good fit! Thanks and good luck everyone!
  • Carlos0690
    Carlos0690 Posts: 417 Member
    This is so intimidating...I'm 41, almost 42...I don't have much weight to lose, lose but I'd like to be fit and healthier across the board. I can be very focused and would like to make somebody proud!! Adopt/message me!

I'm in a similar situation and age . I'm enjoying the exercise but I love my food and that is proving my biggest challenge. But I'm persevering and feeling proud of myself. I'm focused on achieving my goals , I hope you are too good luck !
  • ShonaMcL
    ShonaMcL Posts: 2 Member
    This seems like a great idea! I've just signed up to MyFitness Pal.

I've previously used the app with some success but having started an office job a year ago, my weight's shot up (2 stone in a year!)

I'm 28, and would be looking to lose this 2 stone although I'd be happy with anything at the moment. I've had a kidney transplant so I'm on a low dose of steroids (which can contribute to my appetite but not going to use that as an excuse - I've always been a big eater!)

I work in an office job full time. I'm considering walking to/from work (once the weather improves) which is around 2.4 miles each way. Considered cycling too although I'm quite scared about cycling on the roads. I think improving my diet will certainly go a long way to getting rid of some weight though.

I'd love to have a mentor, or someone who can just guide me and keep me accountable I guess...
  • ebarber0012
    ebarber0012 Posts: 7 Member
    So first of all, just by reading these posts alone this community seems awesome. When I downloaded this app my expectations were low until I start looking at the community. Yes I am a noon and looking for a mentor. I am willing to take advice to the detail. I am 28 years old and about 6'2, 276lbs. I want to change my life for the better. Please adopt me lol
  • AutumnDancer26
    AutumnDancer26 Posts: 23 Member
    I would love to be adopted! I've been on my fitness journey for three years now, it's just making the last push that is so difficult! I would love a mentor to help keep me accountable. Also, I would love to encourage them! It is definitely not just a one way street, we all need support sometimes. (And a big shout out to all the mentors who volunteer, you have no idea how appreciated you are, thank you!)
  • Sarahlouise98mfp
    Sarahlouise98mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Hi @Kaylee i have been trying to send you a private message but it has not been letting me. Could you please sebd ne a message if you are still looking for someone to mentor
    KayLee_D wrote: »
    I'd love to mentor another female who needs some help adjusting their diet/fitness routine and needs the encouragement.

I'm 30 years old from Idaho
    Current weight: 154
    Goal weight: 130
    About me: I'm a Staff Sergeant in the Army National Guard. I love backpacking in the summer and training all year to hunt big game in the fall. I have an active little one-year-old daughter and I'm still working towards toning up after having medical issues and being on bed rest during my pregnancy.
    Fitness: I enjoy workouts that include cardio and lifting weights.
    Nutrition: Currently on a low carb, no sugar diet and sticking to it.

I am fairly knowledgeable about fitness and nutrition and would love to help someone!

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    I could adopt a couple of people!

I've been on MFP since 2010, reached my goal weight back in 2011 and maintained for 4.5yrs...gained back 20 this past year due to surgery and illnesses, and on my way back to my goal weight once again!

Let's do this!
  • thebrenna79
    thebrenna79 Posts: 1 Member
    Looking to be adopted :)
    In a nutshell, I'm a 37 y/o father of 3. Been training on & off for about 13 years but suffer with rubbish diet + lack of motivation at times & haven't been under 20%b/f in about 10 years. Currently sitting at about 26% at about 76 kg's as per dexa scan.
    I train 5 days per week on my lunch hour (have 40 mins to train). Usually all free weight & typically 1 body part per day. Monday - Chest. Tuesday - back, Wednesday - Shoulders, Thursday arms (Bi's & Tri's) and Fri is legs. I play indoor football on Wednesday evenings and do nothing at the weekend.
    Looking for someone to assist with meal planning/macro counting. Desire is to get to half that body fat percentage over 6 months & maintain as much muscle mass as possible.
  • mrsiggles59
    mrsiggles59 Posts: 3 Member
    Please adopt me!
  • diaxyz23
    diaxyz23 Posts: 39 Member
    Adopt me! :o3
    I want to lose 30 pounds.
  • jessikadennis11
    jessikadennis11 Posts: 2 Member
    I would love to be adopted! am 27y have a beautiful daughter who is 2.5 years old. When was pregnant diagnosed with severe preeclampsia and ended up having c-section at 28w pregnant. The pregnancy almost claimed mine my daughters life, but thankfully we are both doing well. Between the stress of preemie gained about 75lbs. struggled weight since hit puberty age 12 it has been an ongoing battle ever since, now heaviest 90lbs loose someone help me on this journey eating healthy exercising..
  • Alphadite777
    Alphadite777 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hey Future Mentor!

-I'm a 22 year old from California.
    -5'4"
    -190lbs (ugh, that makes me absolutely sick to say)
    -I would love to lose 65lbs

My ultimate goal is to be happy, healthy, and feel mad sexy (;

I'm fairly clueless (like, almost completely lol) about the fit life, but I'm 100% down for it and have a great drive, I just need help on my journey.

Thanks! ♥
  • shazia_tabsim
    shazia_tabsim Posts: 1 Member
    Help! I've been using MFP since last Wednesday and I've lost 2.5 kg..
    Since having 2 kids in the space of 2 years, my weight has risen from 57 kg to 83 at my heaviest! I'm currently 66.5 kg and want to get to how I was 4 years ago - 52kg.. I'm sick of being fat!
  • slcardinal14
    slcardinal14 Posts: 30 Member
    I need to be adpoted! I'm Steph from Fort Mcmurray! I need to lose 50 pounds. I am 25 and 5"10. I work @ a remote work camp 21 days and I am home for 7. Any help would be awesome! you can also just add me as a friend if you wish! :)
  • 143marypenny
    143marypenny Posts: 3 Member
    Hey Future Mentor!

-I'm a 22 year old from California.
    -5'4"
    -190lbs (ugh, that makes me absolutely sick to say)
    -I would love to lose 65lbs

My ultimate goal is to be happy, healthy, and feel mad sexy (;

I'm fairly clueless (like, almost completely lol) about the fit life, but I'm 100% down for it and have a great drive, I just need help on my journey.

Thanks! ♥

Southern California over here. Temecula the land of the wineries. .... you will meet your goals. Take each day at a time :smile:
  • CaptainAmericaGirlYASSS
    CaptainAmericaGirlYASSS Posts: 811 Member
    edited January 2017
    Omg yes! Can someone adopt me? I need to learn the ropes of this thing lol
    I'm 23 from Katy Texas! I'm 5'0 and weigh 134lbs. I really wanna loose 14lbs- I'm trying my best this year to just be healthy though and have fun doing it!
  • berberenadavid
    berberenadavid Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in desperate need of some help. I'm a 20 year old guy, weighing a little over 300lbs. I'm ready to get my weight back on track.
  • ishmallow
    ishmallow Posts: 23 Member
    I'm back on the bandwagon and happy to talk goals, lifting, and cal counting with anyone though I can't commit to a full mentoring. o:)
  • jazzyspender
    jazzyspender Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi, I'm new. Trying to figure out how to make exercise a part of my daily routine. I'd also love to get to a point where I don't see it as a punishment! Not looking for diet/weight loss, just fitness. Appreciate any suggestions or motivation!

About me - late 30s, work in an office (yup, I sit all day), long commute (so I can't ride my bike to work ha!). Married, kids and the whole suburban 9 yards!

Happy New Year!
This discussion has been closed.