Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Haven't forgot about you girls! Crazy busy covering for my boss who is on vacation and our marketing director who's mom passed away... Struggling to stay above water!! Hope all is going good... I will check in and catch up soon!!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    So I used to follow this thread a while back, but ended up deleting my account. I would love to come back....was always fun and supportive

So I am Jen BTW. I have lost 27 lbs, and have about 15 (or so) to go.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @missjazminenicole I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Please don't be too hard on yourself while your body recovers. We're always happy to lend support here

@zoey2715 I used to be on the same vein as you where having sweets around would completely derail me. What helped me was to up my daily calories to allow for a daily treat. That way I know I always have one coming the next day to stop me from feeling deprived and binge eating them all at once

@mmcjtink That's fantastic you are able to get holidays and summers off! Great job resisting the doughnut

@bluepoppies777 Your memes made me laugh out loud! The second one is absolutely me. Congrats on being down 2lbs! I'm sure it's been all of your hard work

@kaavery120188 Great job sticking to the salad bar and getting your steps in. You are rocking it!

@ShyCush6 That sounds overwhelming, I wish you the best!

@pudgy1977 Welcome back Jen!

So I've been watching my puppy play on the webcams all day and it has literally made my day. I'm definitely going to have to do doggy daycare more often! I think he's getting a punch pass as a belated birthday/holiday present lol. Now I hope time flies so I can leave work and hang out with him before my evening pole dancing class.
  • dynamitedawn
    dynamitedawn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is a great topic for motivation
    , I've enjoyed reading the comments to help get my mind on the right track x
  • Renee4496
    Renee4496 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I tried mfp maybe about 2 yrs ago and i ended up quitting because it was not quenching my hunger. I'm choosing to give it another try and have lessened my weekly weight loss so it won't be too drastic. I struggle with both denying temptation of unhealthy food and motivation to go running. I don't want it to seem like I'm making excuses but it's extremely hard to stay on top of these things when I work full time, get off to come home and cook and get my 4 yr old ready for bed while also doing online classes so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add me as a friend because I am going to need all the support and motivation I can get!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @Renee4496 - welcome! I sympathise with your time challenge and don't think it is an excuse, though heaven knows it can feel like one. I too work full time with a long commute and have a 2 yr old son. I've spent the last two years putting him first in everything and it is still hard to find the time to exercise. My motivation is that I want to be the healthiest that I can for him and I want to be around a long time for him. I think reducing your weight loss goal for each week is a good idea - it makes it more manageable. Stick with it and keep coming back here - we are a good bunch! I've sent you a friend request :)

@dynamitedawn - welcome! Come back often - we'll help you stay on track and you can return the favour to us!

Rachel - I definitely think you should get a job in doggy daycare, sounds an amazing way to spend the day.

@pudgy1977 - welcome back!

Shy - hang in there girl and keep coming back up for air. See you when life calms down!

@missjazminenicole - welcome and so sorry for your loss. Go easy on yourself - a 32lb loss is still so good.

@zoey2715 - welcome! It sounds like with home cooking you have a sound base to start from - puts you totally in control of what you are consuming. I admire you though - I couldn't live without baking from time to time!!

Joy - I think I may be better off without the cookies! Trying to increase my water intake - and cutting the tea in stages rather than a drastic all at once approach! Congratulations on the loss - that's a great way to start the year :)

@gemwolf110 - that's a long week. Not long now till your time off though!

@kaavery120188 - sounds like a good day with good choices and well done with the steps!

Jen - that soup sounds good - how did it turn out?

Well that's a lot to catch up on and so many nice new people :). Pleased to say I didn't let Tuesday derail me - back on it yesterday and feeling good this morning, although it's feeling a very long week workwise. I'm trying to arrange an evening get together for the 7 of us mums in my antenatal group - honestly it's like herding cats! No-one is available on the same day, some want lunch others want an evening meal. I want to go for curry - 5 of the others don't. Honestly, not sure it's worth the effort:). It will be when we finally get there - the bigger issue is, why did I agree to organise??

Anyway Happy Thursday all - have a good day.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune Girl, you sound extremely busy. Thanks for checking in, and keep up the great work.

@rachel0778 Yeah I have been having problems getting back on track. My body gets extremely hungry about 2 weeks before ToM. Then I want to eat everything in sight. Oh yeah and the weight goes up 2 weeks after, and the week of. Good job keeping strong though.

@bluepoppies777 Thanks, Great job on the 2 pound loss. I have heard the same thing about the apple stuff. I haven't had the guts to try it. Love the memes

@mmcjtink Great job resisting the donuts. I would think those kids would keep you on your toes, and the fat would just melt away. (Wishful thinking I know)

@Zoey2715 I have the same problem. Be strong you can do it. :)

@missjazminenicole Good luck on your journey. You can do this, but try not to push too hard.

@ShyCush6 Stay strong! Catch up when you can.

@pudgy1977 Welcome back Jen! You are doing awesome! I wish I only had 15 pounds to go.

@Rachel0778 That is great that he is having such a good time. When I first started dropping my kids off at daycare I felt so guilty, like I was the worst mom in the world. Then I would pick them up, they would be smiling, and would tell me about all the fun things they did that day. I knew then that it was a good thing for them to be there. I know not quite the same thing, but sounds like you went through the same thing. We do love to see out kids happy.

@dynamitedawn Jump on in, the water is warm, and we play well with others.

@renee4496 That is a lot to handle at once. So start out a little slower than you wanted. First concentrate on your food. This is the hardest, but most effective way of losing weight. A lot of people will recommend high protein, and/or high fiber foods to help with the hunger when trying to stay under the calories. Set some time aside each week to do some meal prepping. If you can get this part down, then you work on finding time to exercise. When I first started I was a bum. I sat on my behind all day, every day. I started with just logging my food, then I started just cutting back on little things. Quite quickly (about 3 weeks) I lost almost 10 pounds. I then decided I wanted to walk a little. I down loaded a free pedometer on my phone, all I had to do was carry it with me. (pocket) it tracked my steps. The first week I was lucky if I could get 4000 steps. Boy did that make me feel like crap. So I started walking when I could, Needed a break from studying, get up and walk a few minutes. Cleaning? Don't put all the stuff in a pile and take it up at once, make a few trips. Now I am up to 12500 steps a day. More often then not I get up to 15000. If you need a friend send me a request.

@janetay01 You know that as long as your tea isn't filled with milk and sugar it counts as water? I love just plain tea, I just don't drink too much of it because of the caffeine. The soup was so yummy! I also added rice to it to thicken it up some. Ate it covered in mozzarella cheese. Yum! Best part, without the cheese it is less than 100 calories for a serving.

I am fighting off a cold. Yesterday, I was exhausted and achy. I ended up eating everything in sight. Only did light walking. I was 500 calories over. Grr. We were supposed to have company last night so I made a yummy pork roast, and sides. Find out, about 30 minutes before she is supposed to be there she isn't coming. Then the BF tells me late last night, oh BTW she is coming tomorrow night. I was planning on leftover night. Now, I have to figure out what to do with some chicken breasts... any ideas?

Have a great day!

• pudgy1977
    Options
    Happy Thursday all you amazing people!!!! With some personal struggles going on, I am finding it very hard to stay on track.....My head says "Hey....you survived another day, go ahead a reward yourself with a beer and a piece of pizza" SHUT UP STUPID HEAD!!!!!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @pudgy1977 lol it's hard not to use food as rewards. Dealing with the pizza craving is an easy one though. I buy a pre-made whole wheat crust, top it with tomato sauce, turkey pepperoni, tons of veggies, and crumbled goat cheese (but you can use any cheese you want), and spices. I also make sure to pair it with a large veggie salad. It's delicious, filling, and hits the craving perfectly

@jdelaroy That is so frustrating when you food plan and then plans change! For chicken breasts, there is a ton you can do! I made a chicken and dumpling soup that was really good this week. Otherwise I've done slow cooker curries with them or bbq slow cooker chicken. And it totally was Mom guilt with leaving him at daycare, even though I am just a puppy mom lol

@janetay01 Great job not letting Tuesday derail your efforts! I absolutely hate organizing stuff like that. Honestly, I just recommend picking a time and place and whoever can make it can and whoever can't can't. It's impossible to make everyone happy

@Renee4496 Welcome! I agree with @jdelaroy, focus on food first because that is primarily what drives weight loss (fitness helps, but it mostly assists with overall health). I meal prep everything on Sunday nights so I don't even have to think about food during the week when things get busy. Once you've got your food routine down, then start adding in 10 minutes of movement a day (example: 10 minute yoga practice in the morning before work, 10 minute walk during lunch, etc). Eventually you'll work your way back up to 30 minutes and then you can focus on increasing intensity too.

@dynamitedawn Welcome! Keep posting!

I had so much fun at pole dancing class last night. The ladies were so helpful and complimentary! It is such a supportive environment, I am definitely signing up for the next session too.

Chance (my dog) had an amazing time at daycare. I watched him play on the webcam all day and he came home completely wiped out. He's going to sleep well today!

Tomorrow my SO is taking me out to a fancy restaurant to belatedly celebrate our anniversary. I have my light lunch planned and I already perused the menu to choose a sensible option (that is still a splurge) and I'm pre-tracking everything including my glass of wine. I love that menu's are online now. It makes it so much easier to plan ahead!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Found this on the mirror at my gym yesterday! So awesome! (Ignore the sweaty me, couldn't get a pick without me in it with the angle!) lol!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Holy... I wrote a book!!

Cari: So great to see you on here and those are great goals to get you back in the rhythm! I love Mud runs! That will be a fun way to get back into running!

Welcome Brown Eyes74! Post often!!

Janetay: Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! You’re not missing out on Girl Scout Cookies… they are the devil! LOL! Delicious cookies that are sold to you at your front door... And they are such a temptation but who can say no to buying them from those cute lil girls!! Sorry you had a bad Tuesday but sounds like you jumped right back on track!! =) Good luck organizing your dinner… I was just thinking of doing a gathering with old friends but then again… I will be the organizer once I get it started… always fun once it comes together though!

Kaavery: I have a hard time over the weekends… but 1 lb down… that’s always a good weekend! Love the meal prep!! Way to go! Always a nice feeling! Love progress, not perfection!! 3 week break.. sweet! It will feel good to have some time to focus on yourself! Way to hit the salad bar! I’m so glad we no longer have a cafeteria… That is really hard to stay on track… it was easier when you were really craving something too and easy to skip whatever you brought for lunch. I spend a good hour at night throwing a ball for my fur baby to run and run!! It’s fun and she loves it!

Jdelaroy: So proud! I managed to stay at the gym extra long Friday night and skip the beer entirely!! Proud of myself for that one!! Especially when my friends were texting… where are you! “I’m at home, cuddling on the couch with my puppy!!” Sounds like you are having a great week! Way to avoid the girl scout cookies!! And to stay under and to get a good step count… You are rocking it! Running… You are awesome! Can’t wait until you surprise your BF!! What a great feeling! I hate seeing my fat pictures too! Ugh! It’s the worst! Mmm! Cheese and Chocolate… girl after my own heart! How was the soup?

Rachel: Glad you had fun Friday night with new friends!! You’ll be back in your good habit mindset in no time! You got this! Way to go with the meal prepping too! I think I need to jump on that train! I’m not nervous for Driver’s ed… it will be behind the wheel… yikes! But she has already driven her grandpa’s truck, so she’s got this… she’s been riding 4-wheelers since she was 3… But it will be very scary the first time she leaves by herself! Yikes! Way to get a great workout in before work Tuesday! What a nice feeling! I love getting it done first thing in the morning!! Way to plan ahead for a fancy anniversary dinner! Yum!! Hope it is a great night!

Tazzy: WAY TO GO! 1.5 down! Great job!!

Joy: Sorry you were sick! Glad to hear you are feeling better!! Are we linked on Fitbit? If not: //www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54 here is my public url… anyone can add me if you would like! LOL! I would have a hell of a time with no booze January! Yikes! Great goals for the week!! 2 lbs!! You rock!!! My mom does the apple cider vinegar…ugh! I might have to try it again… Hope you can find your fitbit! That stinks! Mmmm a Winter ale… Yum! Love the memes!

Gem: I so agree on the alcohol… Way to limit yourself! I am stepping back with mixed drinks! The soda really bothers my tummy… I miss my whiskey though! But talk about empty calories! I really believe in morning workouts! You won’t want to get out of bed but after your workout you will feel energized!! A new fridge… exciting! =)

Welcome Melissa!

June: Sounds like a busy yet fun week!!

Melissa: You have a hard day with 7 babies! Good for you! Keeps you young! My 75 yr old mother-in-law watches anywhere from 2-6 kids everyday! She stays so active She has had a daycare for over 50 years now! Way to avoid the donuts!!!

Zoey: I am with you!! Temptation kills me! I have a very hard time saying no to a baked treat!

Jazmine: Welcome! I have been through 3 miscarriages as well… they are not easy… Hang in there! Let your body recover and try again… all you can do! Best of luck on your dietbet! One of my friends used that tool! Very fun!

Jen1977: Welcome back to the group! Let’s rock that last 15! Beer and pizza… That sounds about right… My brain tends to holler out the same thing! =(

Alright girls! I am back and going to attempt to catch up! Wow! Love all the activity!! So Friday night I managed to workout at the gym AND I went straight home and skipped the drinks with friends!! Sat. was a meat raffle and I got skunked but my hubby won a huge pork roast, 1/3 of it is in my crock pot cooking as I type! Another friend with us won, ground beef, pork chops and a case of beer! Not a bad day for us!! Except I did consume a few too many alcoholic beverages and I ate crappy that day. Sunday, we had a motivating day cleaning our basement! Like 10 boxes of charity! I love it! Thank you Joy for instilling minimalism in my brain! Then we had a nice visit with my father-in-law and a nice dinner out, just the two of us… I managed to eat my crab cakes and doggie-bagged the mashed potatoes and mushrooms! Monday was a crappy snow day… ugh.. so was Tuesday, Wednesday & today! I got in a good workout Monday and Wednesday and even another great one this morning! But Tuesday I was bad… We had my in-laws anniversary dinner at the nursing home… I just can’t turn down Costco cake! Yum! Overall with it being so busy at work, my calories have been crap! I was bad over the weekend with Sat’s consumption and the scale is up at this point… I think Tuesday I just had a icky day and ate to cheer me up which in turn made me sad as I’m not seeing a loss this week at all! I love all the alcohol limitation talk… I have really stepped back at the mixed drinks… Although I was thinking about getting some Crystal Light and ordering a vodka/water tall and adding Crystal Light… Then I get a mixer and way less calories. But I have limited my weekday consumption, one or two on a Friday night… that’s it! My work week is crazy with the boss gone and my marketing director out… I’m swimming but decided I am taking a break and checking in! Miss my girls! Hope you all are doing better than me this week! All the doggy talk.. .my hubby got me a “Petzi” camera for Christmas… makes my day logging in and talking to Bentley, sending her a treat… She loves it! She was a little afraid at first but now comes right over!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    So much to catch up on! I have a confession, it used to be much easier for me to keep a track of this thread because me old job was a bit of a doss to be honest, most days i'd finished all my work by about 3pm so that left me lots of time time to read up on here and post, but not anymore....This new job has me busy every day all day, so no skive off anymore, and a lot less time to keep up with what everybody is up to. *sigh*
    Anyway, thanks for all the encouragement guys, i'm getting there step by step, but it's decided to snow here now so my daily walk didn't happen for the last couple of days, and all the gyms near me are stupid money a month so i'm thinking of buying a treadmill for home instead. At least that way I can walk/run and watch Netflix lol.
    My eating has been pretty good this week, still managing to get my little treats in here and there but staying within my calorie goal, so all good. Weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed it's a loss.
    Keep up the good work everyone, you're all doing so well.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @ShyCush6 Sent you a Fitbit request. You better be ready to walk your buns off. LOL
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Cari: I hear ya Cari... I have days I'm slow and days I'm not... It's been snowing here regularly too... yuck! Bring on spring! I'm ready! I joined Planet Fitness for $10 a month... Sweet deal... too much more than that and I would probably buy a machine for the basement too... We have an elliptical in the basement and it works great for nights I don't want to go out in the cold because the air hurts my face! LOL! But I do enjoy watching Netflix while I workout!! =)

Jdelaroy: Holy hell woman! You will keep me on my toes!! Keep up those steps!! You rock!!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cari - we have the snow too, not much just enough to cover the grass a bit and make it all slippery after a very cold night! We've got a cross trainer in the house - excellent for getting an inside workout in given that I hate gyms with a passion!

Shy - sounds like you are still doing a good job with all the activity and the challenges thrown your way. Good to see you back!

Rachel - glad Chance enjoyed doggy daycare :). Have a lovely time at your anniversary meal tonight.

Jen - so annoying when people change plans like that. Hope you have managed to fight off the cold - it's a horrible time of year for all that kind of thing. My cups of tea count as half a water then - I do add milk but not sugar!!

Friday - woohoo! Dropped Alistair at nursery, came home and did my session on the cross trainer - so good to know that by 9.30am you've done your main workout. Now to just try and get a few steps in which is hard when I'm working from home. Going to see a friend tomorrow who has a little boy a few weeks older than Alistair and a 2 week old baby - looking forward to some baby cuddles and wondering if Alistair was ever that small! Have a good weekend all.
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    runis8tt0g3l.jpg

Happy Friday All!!! I am headed out in a few hours to spend the weekend with 5 of my girlfriends for a pre birthday party. This weekend there will be NO rules, I am sure that I will pay for it dearly when I come back, but I am doing it anyway!!!!!

I hope you all such an amazing, safe, and successful weekend!!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @pudgy1977 Hang in there, it is Friday. Maybe plan for a slice and a drink. Either way, really glad you made it back. You can do this.

@rachel0778 Your pole dancing class sounds amazing, especially with a supportive group of ladies, how was your anniversary dinner?

@bluepoppies777 I love it! I might have to write that down.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 You are beautiful even all sweaty.

@ShyCush6 Glad you took a moment to breathe. Sometimes we have weeks that all we can do is just manage to hang on. In those cases I aim for maintenance. I saw your profile pic on Fitbit as well, you are gorgeous. I am feeling a little dowdy compared to all of you. :P I average between 13k-18k steps a day. My goal is 12500. Last weekend my family did the weekend warrior challenge. My little sister goes to the gym at 5 in the morning, so I wake up and she is ahead by 8000 steps. There was no way I am going to let her win. I spent almost 2 hours Saturday night pacing my living room, just so I can be ahead. Wake up Sunday, and she had gone off to the gym again. She says she can't let me beat her. So of course I spend my day doing chores, watching football and what not. The BF and I make it to the gym late Sunday night. (I made him take me) I walked for 35 minutes just so I could kick her butt! She hasn't joined this weekend one yet.

@janetay01 Last night I made a yummy chicken dinner, because she was supposed to be coming down. She didn't show up, and this time she didn't even let us know she wasn't coming. I am pretty peeved about this. If she wasn't the BF family, I would probably cut her out of my life. Next time she is supposed to come to dinner, she can eat whatever we already have planned. No more special trips to the grocery store, spending an hour on dinner for her to just not show up. Baby cuddle time sounds fun. I know no one that I would want to spend anytime with that has babies. :(

@pudgy1977 Sounds like an amazing time. Have fun!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    I need some advice ladies. My oldest daughter, 17, has some mild learning and social disabilities is having a rough time. she doesn't make friends easily, last month her best friend moved. Yesterday, she found out her other friend is moving next week. She is having a hard time with this. Last night she spent almost 20 minutes in the hallway crying. Besides hugs, and being there for her, any suggestions on things that might help her through this?