Most hated food

Options

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Gx____ wrote: »
    I cannot even be in the same room as cucumber. The smell makes me retch, I don't know why. Melon is a close second. Other than that, nothing I won't eat.

I kind of get this. I love cucumber, but the smell gets on my nerves. Also, I typically could eat melon, but all of a sudden, this past year, I refuse to even allow (specifically canteloupe) in my house. My bf has to cut it up outside & store it in the fridge on the porch (yes, I live in TX..haha) Nothing turns my stomach like the smell of canteloupe.

I agree, I have hated the smell of cantaloupe since I was a child. My kud and SO love the stuff and we plant it yearly. There are few worse smells that my refrigerator can have than that fresh cut cantaloupe smell. :|
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky but I absolutely will not eat beets, English Peas, or organ meat. Oh or insects.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'll try most any food, but there are a few that I found legitimately gross. Fermented "acquired tastes" like natto and stinky tofu. Completely grossed out by balut (bird embryo). I've tried insects, don't understand the appeal. Once fried, you're just crunching on a tasteless exoskeleton full of oil. I tried a fried beetle once and it was like chewing hard plastic, tasted like it too. And I will not touch brains, haven't even tried it.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    canned spinach and anything from the ocean.
  • shellbubz
    shellbubz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Walnuts suck.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I pretty much like everything! But I really can't stand aubergine, and that's the only thing I really don't like.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Avocadoes, canned peas, pickled things that do not have a sweet component to balance the sour part. I don't ever plan to eat insects unless SHTF and I have to. Raw fish is awful, but I like raw clams and oysters. I love both black licorice and cilantro.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise, Ranch dressing, both induce the gag reflex. Not a big fan of tripe or sea urchin. Peanuts are probably the most hated though as my daughter has a dangerous allergy to them.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    Gx____ wrote: »
    I cannot even be in the same room as cucumber. The smell makes me retch, I don't know why. Melon is a close second. Other than that, nothing I won't eat.

I kind of get this. I love cucumber, but the smell gets on my nerves. Also, I typically could eat melon, but all of a sudden, this past year, I refuse to even allow (specifically canteloupe) in my house. My bf has to cut it up outside & store it in the fridge on the porch (yes, I live in TX..haha) Nothing turns my stomach like the smell of canteloupe.

I agree, I have hated the smell of cantaloupe since I was a child. My kud and SO love the stuff and we plant it yearly. There are few worse smells that my refrigerator can have than that fresh cut cantaloupe smell. :|

You should stay far away from Durian then.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I pretty much like everything! But I really can't stand aubergine, and that's the only thing I really don't like.

lol. I eat it once a week.

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, blue cheese, kidney, olives, lychees

oh gawd, i'll eat your lychees! SEND THEM.

i can't banana. if i ever gain total world domination, there will be laws about this. filthy stinking habit that ought to be forced out of doors.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Black licorice
    Beets
    Liver
    Celery
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Canned meat, kraft singles, liquorice all sorts (but the 'sticks' are fine), tonic water, tripe (used to like tripe soup as a kid though), many canned veg (corn and peas are okay), insects (I'll leave those for my lizards, tarantulas, scorpion and glider), mashed potato mixed with electric beaters (mmm glue), beef cooked past medium rare, over cooked meat or fish, knock off nutella, there's probably more.
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm much less of a picky eater now than I was before losing all of this weight, but I cannot stand oatmeal. I've tried so very hard to like it. I do like it in sweets though, lol. Oh and pimento cheese. Hate it.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Canned meat, kraft singles, liquorice all sorts (but the 'sticks' are fine), tonic water, tripe (used to like tripe soup as a kid though), many canned veg (corn and peas are okay), insects (I'll leave those for my lizards, tarantulas, scorpion and glider), mashed potato mixed with electric beaters (mmm glue), beef cooked past medium rare, over cooked meat or fish, knock off nutella, there's probably more.

What IS it with the knock-offs? They all taste HORRIBLE. Like, all of them seem to taste the same, and they're all equally awful. I'm not a huge Nutella fan (I don't like hazelnuts much) but I agree that it tastes good--the knock-offs taste like those horrifying cheap chocolate bon bon things that they only give to young kids because adults won't eat them.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »

lol. I eat it once a week.

I eat the roasted pulp plain with a spoon. Yum!

ETA: By plain, I mean I don't add any tahina (It's traditionally eaten as moutabel here in the middle east). I have it with salt, lemon, and a bit of garlic. :)
  • Racouol
    Racouol Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Other foods I do not like include Spam and bittermelon. I got so caught up with my hatred of chicken that I forgot about those two.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Rhubarb
    Avocado
    Offal (though I'll eat steak and kidney pie and Liver pate)
    Vegemite(LOVE Marmite)
    Marmalade
    Orange Chocolate(love oranges and choc, just not together)
    Scallops- I really don't get the hype?
    Cottage Cheese- Looks like baby vomit
    Beetroot
    Energy drinks e.g. RedBull - even the smell makes me want to vomit.
    Also, not keen on Turkey, though I'll eat it if it's served up to me.
    Aubergines
  • brigittethomson
    brigittethomson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Corned beef, Coconut, Beets, pea soup and bean soup from ham bone.