Everyone is an "expert"

BHFF
BHFF Posts: 421 Member
It is funny to read what some people write on here, everyone is an expert at everything. Jay Cutler 4x Mr. Olympia has a vid out on YouTube where he says that his clients will argue about the best training methods and "everyone is an expert". Its so true lol. Who else agrees with me?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Which things do people write that you find funny?
  • BHFF
    Its just general advice that people give when asked. Then when someone disagrees with them or even has research or IDK a degree in that field, they are still more knowledgeable and give better advice. Everyone for the most part seems to be an expert at health and fitness, diets, bodybuilding, weigh training etc.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    I like what Wendler has to say on the subject.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Ehh. Everyone has their own opinions, experiences, and beliefs. If something they post helps someone in a positive way, I don't think it matters that they are an expert or not.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Agree, man. Some of these people will argue nuclear physics with a nuclear physicist.
    Most of what I've learned in the past 20 years about nuclear physics came from glocktalk, an enthusiast site for Austrian pistols. One of the participants there was a nuclear physicist who was quite willing to share his insights.

• BHFF
    I cant help but laugh as I post one comment and I get all kinds of hate for it. Im def smiling. Love this place
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    edited January 2017
    Experts today are old news tomorrow. Want true expert advice? Think, "ancient history".. Before scientist and experts starting telling everyone that they are doing it wrong and what the 'right way' is. Better yet, look at cultures with the least obesity ratings and health problems who still eat like their ancestors ate. Look at the work they do and how often they work. Look at their quality of life. Those are the "experts". Example.. eating fish for health vs limiting it because of mercury and waste run off. The longest living cultures are still eating their fish!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    BHFF wrote: »
    I cant help but laugh as I post one comment and I get all kinds of hate for it. Im def smiling. Love this place

Can you link me to one of your posts? I've never seen you brah.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Reaverie wrote: »
    Experts today are old news tomorrow. Want true expert advice? Think, "ancient history".. Before scientist and experts starting telling everyone that they are doing it wrong and what the 'right way' is. Better yet, look at cultures with the least obesity ratings and health problems who still eat like their ancestors ate. Look at the work they do and how often they work. Look at their quality of life. Those are the "experts". Example.. eating fish for health vs limiting it because of mercury and waste run off. The longest living cultures are still eating their fish!

Oh *kitten*, that reminds me...I forgot to pull my salmon out of the freezer for dinner tonight...crap! I don't have a plan B...seriously, this just reminded me...

jemhh wrote: »
    I feel like I missed a thread? Was something deleted that I didn't see? A thread or a post? I am lost about the hate and roided up bodybuilders.

Yeah, I feel like I'm missing something too...
This discussion has been closed.