Everyone is an "expert"

1235»

Replies

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    BHFF wrote: »
    You are right guys I am so sorry. These guy and gals are trained by some of the top minds in nutrition and fitness. Guys like Hany Rambod. But hey you are right, Jay and other guys were not guided and trained by the top minds in the fitness industry and those people know NOTHING about nutrition which is the most IMPORTANT aspect of bodybuilding, mens physqiue, womens physique, womens bikini etc. Diet plays no role, hey they just follow CICO right and thats all the people like Hany tell them to do.

Thoughts OP?

In b4 "he never placed first so he's irrelevant"

That wasto painful read?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    You are right guys I am so sorry. These guy and gals are trained by some of the top minds in nutrition and fitness. Guys like Hany Rambod. But hey you are right, Jay and other guys were not guided and trained by the top minds in the fitness industry and those people know NOTHING about nutrition which is the most IMPORTANT aspect of bodybuilding, mens physqiue, womens physique, womens bikini etc. Diet plays no role, hey they just follow CICO right and thats all the people like Hany tell them to do.

Thoughts OP?

In b4 "he never placed first so he's irrelevant"

These kind of revelations are so nice to read. Cannot wait until OP has one.
  • VKetoV
    VKetoV Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2017
    Level of Evidence:
    Meta-analysis > Random Clinical Trial >...............>>> Expert opinion>Bro-scientist=Anecdote.....all the way down to the lowest depth of Marketing department/advertising
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    VKetoV wrote: »
    Level of Evidence:
    Meta-analysis > Random Clinical Trial >...............>>> Expert opinion>Bro-scientist=Anecdote.....all the way down to the lowest depth of Marketing department/advertising

you forgot "poliquin said"
  • drakeshattuck
    drakeshattuck Posts: 50 Member
    The issue really isn't about facts or knowledge. Exercise philosophies and advice resembles religion much more in my opinion. It's like a Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, Scientology nut and a Catholic nun trying to come to an agreement, each of course stating they have the truth; meaning facts, when in fact they are all the blind leading the blind. I personally get results when I take action. You are what you do.
  • drakeshattuck
    drakeshattuck Posts: 50 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Yes I do. I think someone who dedicated themselves to fine tuning their bodies beyond what we can conceive can give solid advice in diet and training. They are the best of the best in training and diet.
    There are lots of great athletes in every sport. That DOESN'T necessarily mean they would be great coaches or leaders. I mean by that analogy, Ronnie Coleman should be listened to more than Jay because he has more Sandows. Oh and replaced hips too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

ninerbuff wrote: »
    I cant help but laugh as I post one comment and I get all kinds of hate for it. Im def smiling. Love this place
    Getbig misses you.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

36,922 posts.... Were they all ego posts with your titles and zero progress? Guess you're not looking for any gains, aka muscle mass? You're like the guy in the office that has all of his diplomas, certifications and of course the class completion certificates framed and posted on the wall for all to see. Perhaps you have the delusion that this actually gives you more credibility with commentators in the opinions you post? You don't ego lift as well do you? You know, sacrificing form to stack on more plates? Yeah, it's kind of like that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,919 Member
    The issue really isn't about facts or knowledge. Exercise philosophies and advice resembles religion much more in my opinion. It's like a Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, Scientology nut and a Catholic nun trying to come to an agreement, each of course stating they have the truth; meaning facts, when in fact they are all the blind leading the blind. I personally get results when I take action. You are what you do.
    Well that's your opinion. There's SOLID SCIENCE behind how certain exercise philosophies work dependent on what one is trying to achieve. Unlike religion, it doesn't require faith and have actual peer reviewed studies to back them up. People who use "woo" as their philosophy will get questioned here.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Thread locked. There is just way too much drama and insults in this thread.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
This discussion has been closed.