crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    cruisin99 wrote: »
    Annie_01 wrote: »

Why eat it at all when you can cook the same thing with better flavour and a lot more healthier for you?

Convenience and many like the taste. Some takeout has great macros, too. Like I said, you do you. What others eat is not of any concern to you, is it?

No it's not just like when i make a comment on fast food it is no concern to you...

You came in here questioning and judging everyone else's habits. I wasn't the only one to comment on it.

Wow you are still going on about this... lol

So you never eat out anywhere?

What about convenience foods out of the frozen section? Stouffers makes some really good ones...at least the used to. I can't have them because of the sodium but there are times that it would be nice to have a night off from kitchen duty.

Very little now, we maybe go out with a group every second month. My wife works in a higher end restaurant kitchen and the last thing she really wants is to spend time off in a restaurant. Which is fine by me we have a large kitchen at home and entertain friends frequently instead. We don't buy any convenience foods when we shop.

Wow. I thought I was just randomly posting when I said you were making assumptions about everyone's cooking skills. But here you are married to someone who works in a professional kitchen and judging others for being okay with eating food prepared by another.

Yeah, this made me snort a bit :p I'm glad pp has found what works for him and his family but for me and my family-we enjoy eating out regularly and I've learned how to fit that in with my goals. And we're all healthy/healthy weights so we must be doing something right :)
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't get how all of you can eat all that nutritionally void food for so many of your calories and not feel hungry after. Sure, I could eat all my calories from burgers, fried food and chips, but I would be starving if I stopped at my calorie goal and my body would be malnourished. I honestly am jealous of people who can eat this way and still feel healthy. That kind of food is amazing and I love it, but I will admit it makes me feel sluggish. I am not judging anyone who has been successful this way, I just know I can't do it. Good fuel makes my body feel better. There may not be "good" or "bad" foods, but to me there are wasted calories from foods that offer nothing in return to nourish my body. I also happen to love vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats, so maybe that makes it easier?
  • cruisin99
    cruisin99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Why eat it at all when you can cook the same thing with better flavour and a lot more healthier for you?

Convenience and many like the taste. Some takeout has great macros, too. Like I said, you do you. What others eat is not of any concern to you, is it?

No it's not just like when i make a comment on fast food it is no concern to you...

You came in here questioning and judging everyone else's habits. I wasn't the only one to comment on it.

What about convenience foods out of the frozen section? Stouffers makes some really good ones...at least the used to. I can't have them because of the sodium but there are times that it would be nice to have a night off from kitchen duty.

Very little now, we maybe go out with a group every second month. My wife works in a higher end restaurant kitchen and the last thing she really wants is to spend time off in a restaurant. Which is fine by me we have a large kitchen at home and entertain friends frequently instead. We don't buy any convenience foods when we shop.

Wow. I thought I was just randomly posting when I said you were making assumptions about everyone's cooking skills. But here you are married to someone who works in a professional kitchen and judging others for being okay with eating food prepared by another.

My wife is no chef! She is a manager of a restaurant/catering kitchen. I actually do most of the cooking at home. I have not criticized anyone here i am just very surprised at how many people eat fast food of some basis. Most people i know who are active and healthy avoid fast food, that's all.
  • cruisin99
    Options

:laugh:
    And yet, here you are judging others eating habits. You were claiming to be "shocked" by what everyone else likes to eat. I questioned you, but you stuck to your rant even though many quoted you and reminded you that no one advocated an all "junk" diet. I don't eat all junk- I follow a loose 80/20 rule. When I ate healthy vegetarian for 5 years I was actually at my heaviest weight ever. It wasn't until I spoke to my dietitian and people here that I realized CICO was all that I need. I take my advice from a Registered dietitian, and I trust her many years of knowledge. She's pulled me out of binge/purge cycles and stuck with me for years. Moderation is important for me as I can easily fall back or develop orthorexia... not good. I've lost 100lbs and am on my last 40. I am the only one in my immediate family who is not at risk for heart disease. My mothers death in April really opened my eyes.

No one attacked you for your eating ways, we just mentioned that you do what is best for you and let others make their own path up as they go along. I am glad that you found something that works for you. What we were trying to say to OP was that the food they eat does not have to be horrible in taste.

Lol holy you sure are upset about this, i am in the same boat of losing weight and my nutritionist tells me to avoid fast food at all costs... too much junk in it and not enough substance. Most of it is not even made here it is trucked in from far away. Now i could go and order a Big Mac and fries for 1000 calories or whatever they are or i can eat real food and be very full on 600 calories. Back when i would eat the Big Mac i was eating again in two hours. I used to eat fast food because it was quick and easy, now i would rather cook,
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    turtledan wrote: »
    So today as I was eating a tuna salad I made I started thinking how much I miss the taste of bad food. I though "why does healthy food taste not so good?" I miss the the taste of fried chicken, french fries, burgers, shakes and all pastries. Then it hit me. All the bad stuff taste so good and is so cheap. I mean you can buy two whoppers two fries and two sodas for 10 bucks. You can buy a heap of junk from the dollar menu. Which makes me think that good food doesn't taste bad, however bad food is made to taste good and get you addicted.
    Makes me think how crazy it is that poor people are fat now a days. Maybe because how cheap bad food is. I, by no means, am rich. I'm middle class and yes, I'm fat. But a couple of months ago I decided to make a change and slowly but surely I've been seeing progress. I have started eating healthy and working out. I feel a little better about my self and it seems easy to stay on track now. I wish I would have started sooner.
    Anyway thanks for reading what was on my mind at this moment. And if you are struggling with your weight, best of luck to you. I hope you find an inspiration that will motivate you to change your life. If you are not struggling with your weight then I hope you help others who are.

Only in America. In Canada two whopper meals would cost you 20$ or more.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I work at a restaurant and we have a side salad for 1.75 which isn't bad. You can get a plain burger. Tuna is good. I eat peas a lot. I love them of course. Good luck with your weightloss.
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Iv not read the replies but u dont need to eat healthy food to lose weight, u just need to b in a calorie deficit. Iv lost 53lbs and today for lunch I had 3 chicken selects from mcdonalds (359 cals). Surprisingly filling btw...and delicious!!!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    AFGP11 wrote: »
    I don't get how all of you can eat all that nutritionally void food for so many of your calories and not feel hungry after. Sure, I could eat all my calories from burgers, fried food and chips, but I would be starving if I stopped at my calorie goal and my body would be malnourished. I honestly am jealous of people who can eat this way and still feel healthy. That kind of food is amazing and I love it, but I will admit it makes me feel sluggish. I am not judging anyone who has been successful this way, I just know I can't do it. Good fuel makes my body feel better. There may not be "good" or "bad" foods, but to me there are wasted calories from foods that offer nothing in return to nourish my body. I also happen to love vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats, so maybe that makes it easier?

Aaaaaand were back to 'you all eat fast food all day every day'. I enjoy veggies, meats (I eat fatty meats as they fit my macros better than lean ones), and healthy fats, and that makes up the majority of my intake, but I also go out for pizza or a burger from time to time. And, for what it's worth, burgers DO offer plenty to nourish your body. Lots of great protein and healthy fat, plus you can top them with veggies for some micros. Pizza is actually a pretty balanced meal, especially when rounded out with a salad. If you can't moderate your intake of fast foods, okay, I get it. There are some foods I can't moderate very well either, so I do avoid them most of the time. I guess my point is, you need not be "jealous" (your word); unless something truely disagrees with you (or you find it triggers overeating), ere really is no need to cut it out completely. You may have to watch portions and frequency, but you can still have the occasional burger and chips.

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    And yet, here you are judging others eating habits. You were claiming to be "shocked" by what everyone else likes to eat. I questioned you, but you stuck to your rant even though many quoted you and reminded you that no one advocated an all "junk" diet. I don't eat all junk- I follow a loose 80/20 rule. When I ate healthy vegetarian for 5 years I was actually at my heaviest weight ever. It wasn't until I spoke to my dietitian and people here that I realized CICO was all that I need. I take my advice from a Registered dietitian, and I trust her many years of knowledge. She's pulled me out of binge/purge cycles and stuck with me for years. Moderation is important for me as I can easily fall back or develop orthorexia... not good. I've lost 100lbs and am on my last 40. I am the only one in my immediate family who is not at risk for heart disease. My mothers death in April really opened my eyes.

No one attacked you for your eating ways, we just mentioned that you do what is best for you and let others make their own path up as they go along. I am glad that you found something that works for you. What we were trying to say to OP was that the food they eat does not have to be horrible in taste.

Lol holy you sure are upset about this, i am in the same boat of losing weight and my nutritionist tells me to avoid fast food at all costs... too much junk in it and not enough substance. Most of it is not even made here it is trucked in from far away. Now i could go and order a Big Mac and fries for 1000 calories or whatever they are or i can eat real food and be very full on 600 calories. Back when i would eat the Big Mac i was eating again in two hours. I used to eat fast food because it was quick and easy, now i would rather cook,

By the by - A Big Mac and small fries clocks in at about 760 cal (per mcd website). I'd probably opt for a side salad (and a quarter pounder with cheese... I don't care for Big Macs) instead of the fries, since I don't find mcds fries worth it, which would bring the calorie count down some, but a 760 cal dinner is not unreasonable. Now, satiety is a different matter, but hamburgers and French fries are "real food". What is "fake food" exactly?

• cruisin99
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »

None? Not even bread, pasta, ketchup, salad dressing, or pre washed greens?

Huh....

(Yes I'm being deliberately pedantic here, but those are all technically "convenience foods")

You might want to read this :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convenience_food

It's all about the salt content why we don't eat foods that we don't make ourselves. We do buy a black bean pasta but mostly use spaghetti squash instead. Some sauces we buy that can't be made but salad dressings we make. All greens are fresh. It's a fantastic way to eat it really is.

If i could have ate McDonalds like you do, i wouldn't have a problem. If i didn't order fries i would need a second burger! And then fries to go... i don't have the control to limit my appetite to one burger, same with pizza, pasta etc.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but a lot of people here seem to think that skinnier automatically = healthier.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Also, like, I don't know about anyone else, but whole foods, like fruits, veggies, whole grains, and fresh chicken/fish/eggs fill me up better and for longer than processed or fast foods, so I actually enjoy eating less because I'm not constantly starving.
  • keelinkennedy6336
    Options
    What I find is the 'bad' food is full of sugar and fat, both of which tast fantastic together. Our bodies just love them and can't get enough of them especially when they are together. Fat on its own blah! Sugar on its own blah! But put then together = heaven! So beware my friends. Mind you the same could be said for salty fatty foods too.