Need to lose 20 pounds in 2 months !!

Options
I want to start off with a healthy meal plan and then incorporate exercise . Can anyone send me a 7 day meal plan to follow with quick and easy things to eat ?

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    A 2.5 lb/week rate of loss is entirely too aggressive. MFP maxes out at 2 lb/week, but that setting is only recommended for people who have over 100 lbs to lose.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen if you only need to lose 20. But grab your food scale, Log as accurately a possible, eat at a deficit and enjoy the losses you do get in that time frame.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Put your stats into MFP and you will see an estimated calorie goal for a realistic weight loss (probably more like 1 - 1/5 pounds a week depending on your current weight).
    Then you can google meal plans for that calorie goal, you will find thousands of them out there.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I want to start off with a healthy meal plan and then incorporate exercise . Can anyone send me a 7 day meal plan to follow with quick and easy things to eat ?

the same things you ate the last 7 days.. Just in correct portions and at a calorie goal that puts you in a slight caloric deficit. 20 is likely to much unless you are very over wieght .. as already mentioned
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The "plan" is to just eat less, but two months seems too aggressive. You might ask yourself what your plan is after two months. Whatever that is, I would do that.
  • medtech101mfp
    medtech101mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Help...after two months..ive lost 8 kg..I guess im at weight loss plateau right now..im still at 55 kg..since jan 1..im still eating @1000 calories sometimes even less...regularly doing cardio...sometimes doing body weight..what seem to be the problem?I dont have thuroid problem too...
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    As others have said, that's a bit of an aggressive goal. Also, if you want meal ideas/plans, google "7 day meal plans" and I'm sure you'll find things you like. The best meal plan is to eat what you like, but eat less of it.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sigh. Too many people have seen The Biggest Loser and think weight loss works that way.

If you only have 20 pounds to lose, the reality is that the most you'd be able to lose would be around .75 pounds a week while still being able to get adequate nutrition. Your body only uses so much energy, and you can only create a certain deficit from that to lose fat.

Additionally, regarding a specific meal plan, there are no special foods to eat. Eat real food like lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, dairy, eggs, and healthy fats -- in the calorie amounts and correct portions needed to sustain a calorie deficit. Live a little and throw in a chocolate bar here and there where your calories allow. Profit.

Pick a form of exercise you like and do it. Add some form of resistance training. Lose what weight you can. And start earlier next time you need to lose weight.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Help...after two months..ive lost 8 kg..I guess im at weight loss plateau right now..im still at 55 kg..since jan 1..im still eating @1000 calories sometimes even less...regularly doing cardio...sometimes doing body weight..what seem to be the problem?I dont have thuroid problem too...

I think you need to start your own thread really, adding it to the OP's is going to get confusing. Having said that, unless you are tiny, 1000 calries a day is too low. How tall are you and what do you weigh now? 55kgs is a very low weight unless, again, you are tiny. Start your own thread, make sure your diary is open, include all this info and hopefully you will get some help.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options

First of all, how much do you need to lose? What is your starting weight and height? Unless you are morbidly obese, 20 pounds in 2 months is unrealistic and definitely unhealthy. Also, "healthy" is a personal choice. As a starter you could go for meals that include meat, veg and a small portion of potato / rice / pasta, in any combination. Asking someone to create a 7 day meal plan when they have no idea your likes and dislikes and how long your idea of preparation is for "Quick & Easy" is asking a lot of someone. Google "healthy recipes" or look in the "Recipes" section on here for some ideas...
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    While 20 lbs is aggressive, depending on how much weight you have to loose it is doable. Let me first say that you are going to lose water weight mostly (25-50% of it will be water). My advice is to do a very low carb, high fat, ketogenic diet.

This group is all about low carb.

This group is all about low carb high fat ketogenic eating.

And this website is my favorite resource for information on how and why it works plus recipes.

If you truly stick to it, you can lose 20 lbs in to months though half will be from water simply from cutting carbs. I urge you to still to it for longer, it's really a lifestyle and not meant to be a quick fix. There are so many health benefits besides just weight loss.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Also go to the "skinnytaste" website if you're looking for recipes to cook for a whole family. They're healthy but still have that comfort food tastes where husbands/ kids will actually eat it.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    ITT: Terrible, potentially harmful advice to rapidly lose water weight instead of actual fat. Weight of which most will be regained once the person resumes a balanced diet.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You would need to eat 1250 calories BELOW your TDEE to lose that much weight. I would not advise this for anyone unless they are morbidly obese.