Not into working out

Options
So I'm dieting and eating healthy but i just don't like working out nor want to get into it! Anyone have this issue?

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm not having an issue using my treadmill, but I'm having trouble being motivted to lift weights. What do you classify as working out?
  • newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It's not an issue. You just have a different goal. You want to be healthy. Some want to be fit. Some want to be strong. Some want to be good at a sport and so on...
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate working out. And I don't usually use the word hate. For this reason I make sure that I get my workout in first thing in the morning before anything else. That way I get it over and done with and can move on with my day without feeling guilty about not doing it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Then don't work out. It's NOT required for weight loss. Just don't expect to look much different that a smaller version of yourself.

That.

Focus on your diet. Some day you may change your mind. I admit to not understanding taking for granted what our bodies can do. But I'm also getting older and seeing the effects of long term low activity lifestyles on friends and loved ones and don't want to follow down the same path.

• canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is in the kitchen. Don't like working out, don't do it.

Or, like PP said, find an activity that you like to do, so it's not "working out"
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Blast music and just start dancing for an hour straight
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I like working out, but if your goal is weight loss you don't have to. Exercise will just help you lose faster or allow you to eat more while losing. It's not a requirement.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Just don't workout then. I workout because I love it, I wake up thinking about it, it's what I look forward to at the end of a work day. If that isn't you, then don't do it. Simple as that
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind losing lots of muscle along with some fat, you don't need to work out. If you want to retain muscle and get stronger or look better, then you need to find some exercise you can learn to tolerate.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    For me, the hardest part of working out is getting my butt off of the couch.

My exercise of choice was (and will be again) water aerobics. I hated going there, enjoyed being there, and felt great after leaving there.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Welcome to 99% of the population.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    1. You don't have to do any exercise if you don't want to. You can still lose weight.
    2. Exercise doesn't need to be done in a gym. You can take up a sport or physical activity like hiking, kayaking, running, tennis, etc. as well. Sports have the advantage of being a game.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I hike, ski, snowshoe, walk the dog, all activities I don't label "working out." I just enjoy myself while working up a little sweat (or a lot on some days). Do I need to do this to lose weight? Absolutely not. Is my body feeling better, that is, no achy joints, lower resting heart rate, lower blood pressure and general feeling of being strong? Absolutely. As you get older you may not be satisfied with the piddly amount of food your body requires to maintain your weight. Moving more remedies that. But, as others have said, do what you want. As long as you're eating at a deficit you will lose weight.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I hated working out, I felt like a hamster on a wheel. Then I started Taekwondo and loved it! It felt like a purpose first, and exercise second. Have you considered finding something that's not straight "exercise" and giving it a go? Sport, martial art, dancing, hula hooping, aerobatics...
  • ivasmom2011
    ivasmom2011 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm not having an issue using my treadmill, but I'm having trouble being motivted to lift weights. What do you classify as working out?

I classify a workout as anything that you are physically doing to work out, besides walking. Treadmill is included in working out lol. I just dont want to or know if it's completely necessary
  • ivasmom2011
    ivasmom2011 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    newbie3122 wrote: »
    It's not an issue. You just have a different goal. You want to be healthy. Some want to be fit. Some want to be strong. Some want to be good at a sport and so on...

True true, I have a lot of natural muscle, like more than the average person kind of like the hulk lol but I just don't like working out and everyone makes it seem like that is something that you necessarily have to do