New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I never understood the fascination that the rest of America seemed to have with Girl Scout Cookies anyway. I mean, they taste okay, but that's just the thing. They taste okay. No better or worse than Keebler cookies, IMO. Not worth nearly $5.00 for a small-ish box, in any case, unless you just want to give the scouts some money.

The only reason I get Girl Scout Cookies is to ship them overseas to troops: cheaper than me shipping them, for sure.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    These aren't new, but figured I'd offer my two cents

0078656005001_500X500.jpg

A coworker actually thought I was eating a big slab of cookie dough from one of the refrigerated sheets/rolls :D. I'm definitely going to be buying this bar again, because it reminds me of eating cookie dough & for the calories it's actually filling! It's around 360-380 calories depending on the weight of the bar.

th?id=OIP.M0fece63c3b56967cebd06a5f068f01f1o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=184&h=154

This was on sale at Giant last week for $1.50 & I decided what the heck I'll give it a try! For those that are lactose intolerant I would definitely recommend this flavor at least! (read label in case you have any food allergies). Was thick & had a very pleasant black cherry taste.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Question for you guys: what NEW Quest Bar flavors would you like to see? Halo Top flavor suggestions? ;)

Halo Top

I echo @hgycta Cotton Candy Suggestion
    I would love to have a brown butter almond brittle flavor (Jeni's has that flavor & it's amazing, but I am too cheap to ever buy it again)
    Snickerdoodle
    Ginger or Gingerbread
    Caramel Apple Pie

Quest:

Birthday Cake

Hahaha yup just had to voice it out again: Halo Top NEEDS a cotton candy flavor (similar to cold stone's). I'm just about satisfied with Halo Top's current lineup, it just needs cotton candy. Also, a seasonal eggnog, gingerbread, or pumpkin (or pecan) pie would never hurt anybody!
    They also need to either discontinue or fix their current red velvet because it's giving it a bad name! Needs a more deep, complex cocoa base with cream cheese swirls and fudgey cake pieces!

Quest: Red velvet bar. Cotton candy bar. I love their mocha chocolate chip bar in the labs so if they could expand their coffee flavors and also do a salted caramel mocha bar I'd be in heaven. Or caramel macchiato bar.
    They should also come out with a red velvet flavor powder or cotton candy powder.

Obviously I just think the world needs more cotton candy flavored products. It's just so hard to find!!!

Oreo needs to bring back the damn Cotton Candy Oreos!

I would be down for Cotton Candy protein powder!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Question for you guys: what NEW Quest Bar flavors would you like to see? Halo Top flavor suggestions? ;)

Halo Top

I would love to have a brown butter almond brittle flavor (Jeni's has that flavor & it's amazing, but I am too cheap to ever buy it again)
    Snickerdoodle
    Ginger or Gingerbread
    Caramel Apple Pie

Quest:

Birthday Cake

OMG YES COTTON CANDY!!!!!! They should replace some of their boring/gross flavors with better ones. Who even buys the peanut butter supreme (so boring) lol.

So true! I figure if I'm going to shell out $5.49-$5.99 for Halo Top then I want it to be chock full of mix-ins or at least be a phenomenal flavor.

Like I said the basic chocolate flavor was ok, but nothing I would pay that kind of money for again.

So far it looks like the Birthday Cake or Mint Chip on rare occasion will be the only ones I'll buy repeatedly.

Hoping I win the contest (doubtful) so I can try all the rest of the flavors.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Nestle-Limited-Edition-Smokin-Hot-Peanut-Butter-Cups.jpeg?resize=640%2C440

From Impulsive Buy

I can't wait to try this!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    If you are craving a Cinnabon, this is a good alternative. I really liked this one.
    xltaepclr5wr.jpg
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    For Halo top, I'd love to see an amaretto flavor/amaretto fudge swirl. Every once in a long while I can find an actual amaretto fudge and it's one of my favorite flavor combos of all time. Sigh.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you are craving a Cinnabon, this is a good alternative. I really liked this one.
    xltaepclr5wr.jpg

The taste is nice but the texture is weird!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    @Francl27 Its yogurt. :) I rather pass on the a real bun. This is 1/8 the calories. Well....maybe not. Cinnabons really cannot be replaced.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite! They have some other flavors, the cheesecake and s'mores are both good, but this one is awesome! Having a hard time finding it in the stores and if I do I stock up lol

0b5x9il8o7ps.png

Yeah, this one is pretty great. I have to hide them in the back of the fridge otherwise I come home to empty containers courtesy of the 11 year old.
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Halo Top

Snickerdoodle
    Ginger or Gingerbread
    Caramel Apple Pie

Quest:

Birthday Cake

OMG YES COTTON CANDY!!!!!! They should replace some of their boring/gross flavors with better ones. Who even buys the peanut butter supreme (so boring) lol.

NOOOOO Peanut Butter is my FAVORITE!!!! Take away a different flavor, like Chocolate Almond Crunch aka Amaretto...Just Armaretto :/
  • Francl27
    Options
    @Francl27 Its yogurt. :) I rather pass on the a real bun. This is 1/8 the calories. Well....maybe not. Cinnabons really cannot be replaced.

I wasn't talking about the yogurt texture, but the mix-ins.

I'm not that fond of Cinnabons though. I'm horribly spoiled by my homemade rolls or the ones from the bakery around here.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yep - I'd take just amaretto over chocolate almond crunch any day.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Has anyone tried these?

bars.png
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Nestle-Limited-Edition-Smokin-Hot-Peanut-Butter-Cups.jpeg?resize=640%2C440

From Impulsive Buy

I can't wait to try this!
    I really hope Reese's does this man.

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite! They have some other flavors, the cheesecake and s'mores are both good, but this one is awesome! Having a hard time finding it in the stores and if I do I stock up lol

0b5x9il8o7ps.png

It's weird, but I absolutely loved this and the other flavors you mentioned for like a month, and then I started tasting a strong artificial aftertaste. I'm not sure what happened in that month, but that taste I picked up on was really disappointing since I grew to love the yogurts so much.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    Tried the Vanilla Halo Top & Chocolate Halo Top tonight (what can I say I live dangerously with sweeteners LOL).

I liked the Vanilla Halo Top & found it creamy & smooth. I wasn't much of a fan of the chocolate ice cream, but then again I am not a huge chocolate ice cream fan in general.

So far I would rank the four flavors I tried as:

1. Birthday Cake
    2. Mint Chip
    3. Vanilla Bean
    4. Chocolate

Bummer. I loved the chocolate. Tasted like a frosty from Wendy's to me (just not creamy).

Yah I think the chocolate Halo Top is by far the best flavor, well, right next to the Peanut Butter one - that is freaking awesome. I have a pint of Red Velvet to try, but not holding my breath as I am not a fan of most of them.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    So true! I figure if I'm going to shell out $5.49-$5.99 for Halo Top then I want it to be chock full of mix-ins or at least be a phenomenal flavor.

Like I said the basic chocolate flavor was ok, but nothing I would pay that kind of money for again.

So far it looks like the Birthday Cake or Mint Chip on rare occasion will be the only ones I'll buy repeatedly.
    Oh dang. I wouldn't pay that much for any of them. I don't buy them unless they are on sale at Kroger - 3.99.
  • Francl27
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

0b5x9il8o7ps.png

It's weird, but I absolutely loved this and the other flavors you mentioned for like a month, and then I started tasting a strong artificial aftertaste. I'm not sure what happened in that month, but that taste I picked up on was really disappointing since I grew to love the yogurts so much.

Not weird, I have the same issue with all the light & fit yogurts :( I love the regular Oikos caramel fudge pretzel though.