New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    new Quest labs products -

mbwev6bblhva.png

4h79dq0h1fde.png

vxnfh3r9hkpb.png

00dhlp079xwu.png

So, uh, when's Quest gonna come out with a protein ice cream???

I actually thought the same thing about a week ago haha with all these companies like Halo Top doing such a great job at producing healthier ice cream I'm surprised Quest hasn't jumped on the bandwagon yet!

Guessing it's kinda tough to sell mostly... hard to ship, and most supplement stores don't have freezers.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    ht5d4m31babg.png
    ond10t2jexok.png
    taciymfh8zqj.png
    j4g45lk9wwu2.png

Posted about these in another forum but thought I'd post here too. Available in 3 flavors. Macros and ingredients are comparable to Quest. Has anyone tried them?

I love PowerBar Protein Plus bars but I've never even heard of these or seen them! Must know how they are!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ht5d4m31babg.png
    ond10t2jexok.png
    taciymfh8zqj.png
    j4g45lk9wwu2.png

Posted about these in another forum but thought I'd post here too. Available in 3 flavors. Macros and ingredients are comparable to Quest. Has anyone tried them?

I saw these and they look super similar to quest. I havent seen yet in any stores but I am eager to try them. Still searching for a bar as good as old quest lol.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    new Quest labs products -

mbwev6bblhva.png

4h79dq0h1fde.png

vxnfh3r9hkpb.png

00dhlp079xwu.png

i think I'll keep an eye on the reviews for the crackers before buying. I bought the doritos-like nacho and zesty tortilla chips expecting the same kind of crunch but they were more like the protein chips. No real difference in texture. Just shaped like a triangle.

As much as I love Quest I can't say I have any desire to try these new products. I enjoy their chips and even their newer tortilla chips, but I feel like they're trying a bit too hard with these and I can't see myself buying them.
    I did notice they brought back the Keto Cups though which had me excited until they sent an email notifying about changes in the shipping for them to around $25 so they don't melt. That's crazy, so long me being able to afford them!

However, I just placed an order to try the Lil Buff Bakery! I ordered 5 packs and used your referral code for 10% off which saved me $2, thanks! Let's hope I don't become addicted, what have I done I can't afford this haha xD
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    @hgycta @Francl27 @Noreenmarie1234 here's my referral link - you get 10% off your first order if interested - i.refs.cc/NX1feZCI

Thanks for this--I'm borrowing it. :smile:

I just ordered mine, and, yeah, this has to last me a while. I'm thinking special occasions, like when there's a family birthday so I have something for me to enjoy...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    These were really good and only 130 calories per two cookies. They were like a shortbread with a nice white chocolate icing that was the traditional "funfetti bday cake" flavor. IMG_4482.jpg?resize=400%2C300

This was not very good. I don't think combat crunch bars are as good as people say. All the ones I've had were just okay. I much prefer power bar triple threat and probar base. These had the "lemony" birthday cake flavor. Not a fan of the lemony ones. picture0822151335_3.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    ht5d4m31babg.png
    ond10t2jexok.png
    taciymfh8zqj.png
    j4g45lk9wwu2.png

I saw these and they look super similar to quest. I havent seen yet in any stores but I am eager to try them. Still searching for a bar as good as old quest lol.

Powerbar is using soluble corn fiber as well so I'm guessing the taste/texture is pretty similar to Quest.

Darn, I hope they taste better. I will be on the lookout for these. Wonder where they will be available first, maybe target. Wegmans usually doesn't get the newest stuff until awhile after.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Chobani drinkable yogurt drinks? I'm tempted if they ever get on sale ($2.30 is ridiculous).

I know, I'm a cheapskate.

Also really annoyed at Shop Rite because they keep getting rid of my favorite products (oh my yog yogurts are gone now too!).

Wal-Mart may have the Oh My Yog yogurts (the label at least sounded like that brand).

Wal-Mart is starting to carry a lot more yogurt. I noticed Noosa & Fage.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2016
    Options
    just got mine in the mail yesterday... all i can say is WOW! no funky protein after-taste or anything - this stuff is GREAT! mine came out to 30p/18.6c/5f

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

https://lilbuffbakery.com/

Any picture of the final product? How big is it? Sounds interesting!

@Francl27 i didn't get to take a picture before i ate it all, but here is one i grabbed from Instagram -xl6ms3jp03ja.png

That looks... delicious, actually! How long did it take to make? Can you prepare it in the microwave inside of a cup/mug? How much was shipping? Never heard of them before!

@hgycta its only 2-3 minutes in the microwave using whatever microwavable container you choose. i bought the 5 pack and shipping was $6, but there is a rewards program and you receive a discount code with your order to use going forward.

I contacted them about free samples (I'm cheap too, don't worry @Francl27 xD), and unfortunately they don't do that. However, they said something about a referral program? Do you know anything about this? I would love to give you credit if I purchase them (which I probably will if I'm honest with myself) so you can hopefully receive a discount or something on your next purchase!

It sounds interesting, but I am sure there are recipes floating around that you could make a similar cake for half the price.

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to pay shipping on top of the price.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Found the Choco Chip Oreos at Wal-Mart, & I liked them more than the Blueberry Oreos I bought at the Grocery Outlet. The Blueberry Oreos were alright, but I wasn't a fan of the blueberry icing.

The Choco Chip Oreos still don't taste like cookie dough, but it's at least a closer attempt than the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oreos. I love how the cookie part actually looks like a chocolate chip cookie.

Still have to say my favorite cookie recently has been the Keebler Birthday Cake flavor (the fudge stripe version).
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ptipton520 wrote: »
    An old food but for me a new purchasing experience. I got tired of having ugly hard-boiled eggs. No matter how I did them, 18 times out of 20 they wouldn't peel easily. So I bought some at the grocery store already cooked and peeled. Best idea I've had in a long time. Beware they have a rather short shelf life.

Oh my goodness, I used to have the same problem but I just can't pay that much for the prepeeled. So I found the following fail safe method:

1. Bring water to boil
    2. Place eggs gently into boiling water
    3. Allow to come back to a boil and boil for 1 minutes
    4. Turn off heat and cover and leave for 11-12 minutes
    5. Drain and put ice and a little water and let sit until completely cooled
    6. That shell will peel right off! I gently crack them all over and then roll between my palms and they will usually slide right off - I'd say 98 times out of 100 :)

Not a new product, but a new method perhaps? :)

Mine are never cooked enough when I do that either! Drives me nuts. Got to try them in the instant pot next.

Instant pot/pressure cookers do them perfectly, and makes them really easy to peel for some reason.

Just got to figure out the timing!
    My no-fail HB egg method:

eggs in pot, cover with cold water
    bring to a boil, remove from heat and cover
    let 'em sit for 15 minutes
    drain and rinse with cold water

It's what I've heard, but with 14 minutes, and it doesn't cut it. Would one minute really make a huge difference? I'm thinking maybe 'bring to a boil' isn't clear enough... at least for me LOL.

Hmmm...well I bring to boil enough so that I hear the eggs rattle around in the pot a little, then turn the flame off.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    mprb4b9f2547.jpg

Hmm.

Oooohh. I think I would like these...
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    bi14wl9a79cn.png
    l7bm8rmuzzzm.png

See above for ingredients and nutrition info... ^^^

Ack, that amount of sugar alcohol is a no-go for me. Bummer.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    ht5d4m31babg.png
    ond10t2jexok.png
    taciymfh8zqj.png
    j4g45lk9wwu2.png

Powerbar is using soluble corn fiber as well so I'm guessing the taste/texture is pretty similar to Quest.

Darn, I hope they taste better. I will be on the lookout for these. Wonder where they will be available first, maybe target. Wegmans usually doesn't get the newest stuff until awhile after.

A bit off topic, @Noreenmarie1234, but I just wanted to say I appreciate your foodie input on this thread. Cheers! :smile:
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried these yet? i keep seeing them on IG.

fbivu288tu83.png
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    ht5d4m31babg.png
    ond10t2jexok.png
    taciymfh8zqj.png
    j4g45lk9wwu2.png

When I tried Victory bar from Oh yeah -cookie dough I stopped searching - Give it a try if you have not already.
    picture in this link:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/oh-yeah-oh-yeah-victory-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-12-bars/is-1058?mr:trackingCode=1F1F5D84-C9E0-E511-80ED-00505694403D&mr:referralID=NA&sourceType=sc&source=SHOP&acqsource=adlucent&utm_source=Shopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Oh+Yeah!&utm_content=IS-1058#.V5JF0vkrLIU
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms salad dressing(s). So so tasty.

http://www.bolthouse.com/products/dressings

• mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Sponch!
    i3is0d8ziujh.jpeg