New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ptipton520 wrote: »
    An old food but for me a new purchasing experience. I got tired of having ugly hard-boiled eggs. No matter how I did them, 18 times out of 20 they wouldn't peel easily. So I bought some at the grocery store already cooked and peeled. Best idea I've had in a long time. Beware they have a rather short shelf life.

Oh my goodness, I used to have the same problem but I just can't pay that much for the prepeeled. So I found the following fail safe method:

1. Bring water to boil
    2. Place eggs gently into boiling water
    3. Allow to come back to a boil and boil for 1 minutes
    4. Turn off heat and cover and leave for 11-12 minutes
    5. Drain and put ice and a little water and let sit until completely cooled
    6. That shell will peel right off! I gently crack them all over and then roll between my palms and they will usually slide right off - I'd say 98 times out of 100 :)

Not a new product, but a new method perhaps? :)

Mine are never cooked enough when I do that either! Drives me nuts. Got to try them in the instant pot next.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    @hgycta @Francl27 @Noreenmarie1234 here's my referral link - you get 10% off your first order if interested - i.refs.cc/NX1feZCI

Thanks for this--I'm borrowing it. :smile:
  • Francl27
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    For eggs what works for me, and honestly always works is this:
    Put a pot of water on the store and bring to a boil.
    Please your eggs in the pot of boiling water and reduce to simmer.
    For 1-4 eggs set the timer for 4 minutes, add 1 minute for every 1 extra egg you add to the pot. So for 12 eggs simmer for 12 minutes.
    Take the pot off the stove, dump the water and run the eggs under cold water for couple of minutes and then leave them in that cold water for few more.
    This will get you perfectly cooked, pas runny but not hard yolks, easy peel eggs.

Now that sounds more realistic.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    My no-fail HB egg method:

eggs in pot, cover with cold water
    bring to a boil, remove from heat and cover
    let 'em sit for 15 minutes
    drain and rinse with cold water
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    An old food but for me a new purchasing experience. I got tired of having ugly hard-boiled eggs. No matter how I did them, 18 times out of 20 they wouldn't peel easily. So I bought some at the grocery store already cooked and peeled. Best idea I've had in a long time. Beware they have a rather short shelf life.

Oh my goodness, I used to have the same problem but I just can't pay that much for the prepeeled. So I found the following fail safe method:

1. Bring water to boil
    6. That shell will peel right off! I gently crack them all over and then roll between my palms and they will usually slide right off - I'd say 98 times out of 100 :)

Mine are never cooked enough when I do that either! Drives me nuts. Got to try them in the instant pot next.

Instant pot/pressure cookers do them perfectly, and makes them really easy to peel for some reason.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I dont know where this bar is made, but I recently found it in a local Metro supermarket (Canada). Its called Eat Nakd, and they are 35 gram bars made with no added sugar, gluten, wheat and are dairy free. They were on sale for 99cents, so I bought a couple to try as they are only 140 cals each. The cocoa delight is brilliant! The ingredient list is Dates (48%) Cashews (29%) raisins (17%) and cocoa (6%). The website is eatnakd.com. I am going back today for more.
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    tried this product this week and LOVE IT:

DELIGHTS TURKEY SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES FRITTATAS
    Give more power to your mornings without all of the bread and carbs! Egg with Turkey, Cheddar cheese, Red and Green Peppers, and Caramelized Onion.

jimmydean.com/products/delights/delights-turkey-sausage-and-veggies-frittatas
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

1. Bring water to boil

Instant pot/pressure cookers do them perfectly, and makes them really easy to peel for some reason.

Just got to figure out the timing!
    My no-fail HB egg method:

eggs in pot, cover with cold water
    bring to a boil, remove from heat and cover
    let 'em sit for 15 minutes
    drain and rinse with cold water

It's what I've heard, but with 14 minutes, and it doesn't cut it. Would one minute really make a huge difference? I'm thinking maybe 'bring to a boil' isn't clear enough... at least for me LOL.
  • River314
    River314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @hgycta I work at Denny's. Our new pancakes are fluffier...provided they're mixed right. If they're over mixed or the batter is too old, they'll be flatter. I love our new recipe. They always smell like birthday cake to me. It's so hard sometimes working around pancakes all day!

Here are a couple of products I've been raving about the most lately:

Beanitos black bean chips. I can't say enough about these. They are unique in flavor and can easily replace tortilla chips or potato chips for me as far as crunch goes. After looking at their website, there are many more flavors out there I need to find.

Flat - out flatbread wraps. I tried the multi grain with flax seed. Only 100 calories per wrap. They work extremely well and hold up to fillings.

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    new Quest labs products -

mbwev6bblhva.png

4h79dq0h1fde.png

vxnfh3r9hkpb.png

00dhlp079xwu.png

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

mbwev6bblhva.png

4h79dq0h1fde.png

vxnfh3r9hkpb.png

00dhlp079xwu.png

i think I'll keep an eye on the reviews for the crackers before buying. I bought the doritos-like nacho and zesty tortilla chips expecting the same kind of crunch but they were more like the protein chips. No real difference in texture. Just shaped like a triangle.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    @glassyo I like the "tortilla chips" a lot better than their regular protein chips, but I agree the texture isn't much like what you'd expect for a tortilla chip
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

mbwev6bblhva.png

4h79dq0h1fde.png

vxnfh3r9hkpb.png

00dhlp079xwu.png

i think I'll keep an eye on the reviews for the crackers before buying. I bought the doritos-like nacho and zesty tortilla chips expecting the same kind of crunch but they were more like the protein chips. No real difference in texture. Just shaped like a triangle.

As much as I love Quest I can't say I have any desire to try these new products. I enjoy their chips and even their newer tortilla chips, but I feel like they're trying a bit too hard with these and I can't see myself buying them.
    I did notice they brought back the Keto Cups though which had me excited until they sent an email notifying about changes in the shipping for them to around $25 so they don't melt. That's crazy, so long me being able to afford them!

However, I just placed an order to try the Lil Buff Bakery! I ordered 5 packs and used your referral code for 10% off which saved me $2, thanks! Let's hope I don't become addicted, what have I done I can't afford this haha xD
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    @hgycta @Francl27 @Noreenmarie1234 here's my referral link - you get 10% off your first order if interested - i.refs.cc/NX1feZCI

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

mbwev6bblhva.png

4h79dq0h1fde.png

vxnfh3r9hkpb.png

00dhlp079xwu.png

As much as I love Quest I can't say I have any desire to try these new products. I enjoy their chips and even their newer tortilla chips, but I feel like they're trying a bit too hard with these and I can't see myself buying them.
    I did notice they brought back the Keto Cups though which had me excited until they sent an email notifying about changes in the shipping for them to around $25 so they don't melt. That's crazy, so long me being able to afford them!

However, I just placed an order to try the Lil Buff Bakery! I ordered 5 packs and used your referral code for 10% off which saved me $2, thanks! Let's hope I don't become addicted, what have I done I can't afford this haha xD
    oocdc2 wrote: »

I took a closer look at the crackers and, since I eat quest products specifically for the protein, they're not worth it to me.
  • Francl27
    Options

mbwev6bblhva.png

4h79dq0h1fde.png

vxnfh3r9hkpb.png

00dhlp079xwu.png

... damn you Quest labs :(
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

mbwev6bblhva.png

4h79dq0h1fde.png

vxnfh3r9hkpb.png

00dhlp079xwu.png

So, uh, when's Quest gonna come out with a protein ice cream???

I actually thought the same thing about a week ago haha with all these companies like Halo Top doing such a great job at producing healthier ice cream I'm surprised Quest hasn't jumped on the bandwagon yet!