New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    f50hd2iepth0.jpg
    I just saw these on GNC's site. I don't want to buy a box without trying a single first, but I like MuscleTech's protein powder and would love to have a tasty cookies and cream bar to replace Quest (I don't like the new formula). They have a 5 star rating, but all the reviews seem of questionable authenticity...

I like them! They are similar to quest bars imo if you have tried them

IMO they are much worse than Quest bars, even the new formula that just tastes like corn fiber to me.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    9/10 Would buy again these were really good. First two bites wasn't sure, but it was DELICIOUS. Nice honey almond flavor with a slight tart that complements the honey nicely. Really enjoyed these. Not as good as old formula quest bars (those babies were 1000/10 lol) but decent and I liked them. I don't think people who are looking for the "sugary, sweet" candy bar taste in a protein bar will like these. They are more natural and less sweet and "pure" tasting. Good bar, but have to be in the mood for it. Hope that makes sense. I like these for breakfast, not dessert like.558F2680-0FA0-2DB6-4BB4-9AC8A86BF5D8-8358.jpeg

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    just got mine in the mail yesterday... all i can say is WOW! no funky protein after-taste or anything - this stuff is GREAT! mine came out to 30p/18.6c/5f

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

https://lilbuffbakery.com/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    just got mine in the mail yesterday... all i can say is WOW! no funky protein after-taste or anything - this stuff is GREAT! mine came out to 30p/18.6c/5f

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

Any picture of the final product? How big is it? Sounds interesting!
  • bellaa_x0
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

@Francl27 i didn't get to take a picture before i ate it all, but here is one i grabbed from Instagram -xl6ms3jp03ja.png

buff.PNG 878.1K
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

@Francl27 i didn't get to take a picture before i ate it all, but here is one i grabbed from Instagram -xl6ms3jp03ja.png

That looks... delicious, actually! How long did it take to make? Can you prepare it in the microwave inside of a cup/mug? How much was shipping? Never heard of them before!
  • bellaa_x0
    edited July 2016
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

That looks... delicious, actually! How long did it take to make? Can you prepare it in the microwave inside of a cup/mug? How much was shipping? Never heard of them before!

@hgycta its only 2-3 minutes in the microwave using whatever microwavable container you choose. i bought the 5 pack and shipping was $6, but there is a rewards program and you receive a discount code with your order to use going forward.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

omg I need this
  • Francl27
    Options

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

omg I need this

No kidding. Too much $$ though.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Chobani drinkable yogurt drinks? I'm tempted if they ever get on sale ($2.30 is ridiculous).

I know, I'm a cheapskate.

Also really annoyed at Shop Rite because they keep getting rid of my favorite products (oh my yog yogurts are gone now too!).
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    An old food but for me a new purchasing experience. I got tired of having ugly hard-boiled eggs. No matter how I did them, 18 times out of 20 they wouldn't peel easily. So I bought some at the grocery store already cooked and peeled. Best idea I've had in a long time. Beware they have a rather short shelf life.
  • hgycta
    Options

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

@hgycta its only 2-3 minutes in the microwave using whatever microwavable container you choose. i bought the 5 pack and shipping was $6, but there is a rewards program and you receive a discount code with your order to use going forward.

I contacted them about free samples (I'm cheap too, don't worry @Francl27 xD), and unfortunately they don't do that. However, they said something about a referral program? Do you know anything about this? I would love to give you credit if I purchase them (which I probably will if I'm honest with myself) so you can hopefully receive a discount or something on your next purchase!
  • bellaa_x0
    edited July 2016
    Options

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

I contacted them about free samples (I'm cheap too, don't worry @Francl27 xD), and unfortunately they don't do that. However, they said something about a referral program? Do you know anything about this? I would love to give you credit if I purchase them (which I probably will if I'm honest with myself) so you can hopefully receive a discount or something on your next purchase!

see below
  • bellaa_x0
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @hgycta @Francl27 @Noreenmarie1234 here's my referral link - you get 10% off your first order if interested - i.refs.cc/NX1feZCI
  • b12arr0
    b12arr0 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    realcalm wrote: »
    I just tried oikos triple zero. Fabulous - vanilla, chocolate. Better taste than "simply 100". It is sweetened with stevia.

I've been having these as my breakfast and sometimes snack. I love them. So far I haven't had a flavor that I didn't like. :)
  • Angelajgay11
    Angelajgay11 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ptipton520 wrote: »
    An old food but for me a new purchasing experience. I got tired of having ugly hard-boiled eggs. No matter how I did them, 18 times out of 20 they wouldn't peel easily. So I bought some at the grocery store already cooked and peeled. Best idea I've had in a long time. Beware they have a rather short shelf life.

Oh my goodness, I used to have the same problem but I just can't pay that much for the prepeeled. So I found the following fail safe method:

1. Bring water to boil
    2. Place eggs gently into boiling water
    3. Allow to come back to a boil and boil for 1 minutes
    4. Turn off heat and cover and leave for 11-12 minutes
    5. Drain and put ice and a little water and let sit until completely cooled
    6. That shell will peel right off! I gently crack them all over and then roll between my palms and they will usually slide right off - I'd say 98 times out of 100 :)

Not a new product, but a new method perhaps? :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness, I used to have the same problem but I just can't pay that much for the prepeeled. So I found the following fail safe method:

1. Bring water to boil
    2. Place eggs gently into boiling water
    3. Allow to come back to a boil and boil for 1 minutes
    4. Turn off heat and cover and leave for 11-12 minutes
    5. Drain and put ice and a little water and let sit until completely cooled
    6. That shell will peel right off! I gently crack them all over and then roll between my palms and they will usually slide right off - I'd say 98 times out of 100 :)

Not a new product, but a new method perhaps? :)
    Steamed boiled eggs are supposed to be a lot easier to peel too.

• jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Try this. Works for me every time. New eggs, old eggs, doesn't matter.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/food-and-friends/easy-to-peel-eggs/
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

bfzzc7sfmg6w.png

omg I need this

No kidding. Too much $$ though.

I was really excited and thought maybe I could dish out more cash since it looks good and there's a rewards program... But at $4 or $5 a package + shipping and you need to purchase your own egg, milk, and applesauce for one serving of cake? And you also need to make your own frosting? This is unfortunately too expensive for me. What a shame.
  • hgycta
    Options
    @hgycta @Francl27 @Noreenmarie1234 here's my referral link - you get 10% off your first order if interested - i.refs.cc/NX1feZCI

I can see where everyone is saying it's too expensive but I already waste my money on Simply Scrumptous low carb desserts and Lindasdietdelites.com so it would be nice to try this out for once and change things up! I get paid tomorrow so sometime before the end of this week I'll definitely use that link, thanks!