I can only eat bread and juice

Options

Replies

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options

I see you didn't read the whole thread ;)

I didn't have time at that moment but wanted to respond quick since she was so sick (and hopefully educate a few people on some things in the process). I like someone's suggestion of reading the first and last page of a thread to get the gist. That's an excellent idea and doesn't require reading 4 pages if there isn't time. Will do so in the future. :)@singingflutelady I appreciate you not being rude (yet still making your point) as some who have PM'd me seem to think they need to be.

That said, the information regarding MD's and ND's is relevant for nearly all health situations so worth tucking away in the recesses of one's mind in case needed in the future.

Seriously, pregnancy never crosses my mind in situations like this because I was not sick a single day with my pregnancies, loved being pregnant and giving birth (ducking flying objects). It's easy to forget that most women probably experience some form of morning sickness (most of my friends do). Just really easy to forget that.....

I feel for you OP. Hope the morning sickness passes quickly for you.
  • Eleniala
    Eleniala Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    ^^wow. That would make me really mad, too. My experience with relatives in the US is if you have insurance, the hospital is going to run whatever tests they want, even ones that put the patient at risk, with or without consent so long as they think someone will pay for it. I'm surprised insurance would pay for your daughter's daily tests, though. That's a shocker.

All the best to you, OP, whichever way to decide to go.

Yes, hospitals in the US will bleed dry any patient who has good insurance...and toss out the ones without insurance before the anesthesia has even worn off. In my daughter's case insurance only paid for ONE pregnancy test. When we received a statement of all the unpaid items we discovered that they ran one every day. Also found a bunch of other discrepancies (such as billing us/insurance for 15 days of IV fluids when she only received them the first three days).
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    @ronjsteele1 are any of those tests you listed pregnancy tests? Because that's pretty much one of the most basic tests that should have been ordered..... and if they didn't then they are most definitely clueless....

See my note above about pregnancy and sickness......
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    Positive pregnancy test. Thank you all so much. Now I've got to make " the decision." Concerned that no trained professionals would ink of that but whatever. Thank you everybody

I'd ditch both the doctor and naturopath you saw. That neither even considered that you were pregnant is disturbing.

This definitely. There are better of both out there!
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I thought I had food poisoning but now it looks like a parasite. I'm throwing up several times a day and the o lay thing I seem to be able to keep down is plain bread and juice. I haven't gained weight or lost it (yet) but this has been since dec 24th that I've been off plan. Does anyone know any easy to digest foods? Thank you!!!

as others said, have you gone to the doctor to be diagnosed? I know you want to lose weight, but this isn't the right way to do it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Congrats to OP, but wtf, imagine being so clueless that you diagnose a client as having a parasitic worm instead of, you know, a baby :lol:

OP please go back to your "woo doctor" and explain the real cause of your sickness.

And then walk out laughing at her "expertise."
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    If you decide you don't want to keep it, and I am not judging you either way!!! it's YOUR choice, but keep in mind there are many loving parents who want to adopt babies and will help defray any medical costs.
    Best of luck either way!!

OP is in Canada so medical costs for this will be covered by the Province. Having said that, I agree with your sentiment.

• Tacklewasher
    Options
    Congrats to OP, but wtf, imagine being so clueless that you diagnose a client as having a parasitic worm instead of, you know, a baby :lol:

OP please go back to your "woo doctor" and explain the real cause of your sickness.

To be fair (and I have no use for naturopaths), hospital didn't pick up on it either.

But I think we may have lost the OP.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

To be fair (and I have no use for naturopaths), hospital didn't pick up on it either.

This is true, and I agree the doctor was a moron also.

But at least they didn't do some woo test and give a vague "parasite" diagnosis.

Though "parasite" is technically correct, I suppose....
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I can't understand why the hospital didn't pick up on that either. A pregnancy test is SOP.

Perhaps before Christmas she really *was* only suffering with a virus/bacterial infection and that the pregnancy test was negative? And that her continuing symptoms only seemed to be from the same thing when they were, in fact, very different?

Or the hospital lab screwed up?

Who knows?

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No, diagnosed by naturpath

• Tacklewasher
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »

How about diagnosis by a DOCTOR?

And another one.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I was actually serious up thread too - has someone done a pregnancy test?

• neuronosaurus
    neuronosaurus Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Congrats on the pregnancy! You should let your hospital know that they missed a pregnancy, especially if you attended A&E. They keep track of that sort of thing and it's vital for staff training.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Stop going to quacks. People in developed countries very, very rarely get parasites.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

This is true, and I agree the doctor was a moron also.

But at least they didn't do some woo test and give a vague "parasite" diagnosis.

Though "parasite" is technically correct, I suppose....

Lel, I was going to say that the naturopath is technically correct with his/her diagnosis of a "parasite".
This discussion has been closed.