I can only eat bread and juice

Options

Replies

• CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I had giardia once, which is a parasite. I didn't vomit, but had diarrhea for 2.5 months. Parasites generally just effect the lower tract, although you can get some nausea. Anyway, I know there are other things you can get. Generally you will need Flagyl (metroconazole) to fix it. Amoxicillan is for bacteria, not parasites.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    It's also not for a virus...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I thought I had food poisoning but now it looks like a parasite. I'm throwing up several times a day and the o lay thing I seem to be able to keep down is plain bread and juice. I haven't gained weight or lost it (yet) but this has been since dec 24th that I've been off plan. Does anyone know any easy to digest foods? Thank you!!!

Have you been to the doctor?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Hospital once and doctor twice but I still feel like they is something else. Naturpath gave me a bunch of supplements but other than that- amoxicillin

I posted my previous question before seeing your answer.

Please push for further testing with your regular doctor.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    mayas135 wrote: »
    Are there any eggs in your stool? If yes then it is probably a parasite and you need to take medication for it. The more you eat glucose, the more they will grow.

What?
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    No, diagnosed by naturpath
    This is not a doctor. It doesn't even require a degree from an accredited institution.

Please see an MD or a DO.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If after further testing by a medical doctor (and following their direction) you are still having stomach issues, there are some things you can do to improve your gut health. I occasionally have a flare-up of something for a few days (not weeks) and always fall back to the following protocol:

Lots of plain water and weak green tea
    Bland diet for a couple days
    Plain yogurt
    A quality probiotic
    Intestinal Repair Complex by Biogenesis

The intestinal repair complex is an herbal supplement with enzymes and amino acids that I got from my acupuncturist. It has worked for me when all else has not. I should get in a habit of taking it a couple times a week but of course I wait until I don't feel well. Wah Waaah.

(Not an advertisement for the above, it just works for me.)

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Have you been somewhere that parasites are common? Drinking non treated water? Eating raw fish, poultry or meat?

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Of course people who post these sort of things know they should see a doctor. But for whatever reason, they don't want to see a doctor. I'm sure it's an anxiety thing.

OP, find a really friendly and accessible medical office who employs mature people who acknowledge the patients in a friendly way and are polite and cordial with them on the phone. Find a doctor who will return your phone calls, makes him or herself accessible and who doesn't have a long waiting list. These medical doctors are usually self employed and work in small private offices.

Doing it this way helped me a lot with my seeing-the-doctor anxiety. I don't go to large medical complexes in big cities or volume based medical offices who employ multiple doctors with a steady turnover. The whole get-'em-in-get-'em-out and have 'em pay some gum snapping 22 year old at the reception desk medical culture is pretty strong in the U.S., if that's where you're at. And it really contributes to anxiety about setting up medical appointments

Ya, I always make a list of questions when I go to the doctor. She can see I'm working from a list and asks if I have any more questions. My last appt took over an hour - the VA is definitely not an HMO.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I went to the /doctor/ twice, hospital once and a naturpath because my family has been so concerned. The doctor put me on amoxicillin and did a blood test. Hospital didn't do much of anything other than rehydrate me. Thank you guys so much for all your concern. I have another doctor appointment and naturopathic appointment within 5 days. I'm not at home alone so if anything happens we'll go back to the hospital. Right now, I just really want to know what foods you guys find really easy to digest. Thanks so much though!
This discussion has been closed.