I can only eat bread and juice

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No, diagnosed by naturpath

Go to a medical doctor .. get a pregnancy test ... get a test for parasites.

• RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No pregnancy test. Do you think buyable tests will work effectively? Finding contradictions online and I'm confused. Sounds like I'll wait a bit for a result from a doctor
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I went to the /doctor/ twice, hospital once and a naturpath because my family has been so concerned. The doctor put me on amoxicillin and did a blood test. Hospital didn't do much of anything other than rehydrate me. Thank you guys so much for all your concern. I have another doctor appointment and naturopathic appointment within 5 days. I'm not at home alone so if anything happens we'll go back to the hospital. Right now, I just really want to know what foods you guys find really easy to digest. Thanks so much though!

I have always been instructed to do the BRAT diet as one of the other posters said. If you can't keep most things down this would be a start and if you keep vomiting go to the hospital and don't walk out if they don't do anything, make a scene if you have to.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No pregnancy test. Do you think buyable tests will work effectively? Finding contradictions online and I'm confused. Sounds like I'll wait a bit for a result from a doctor

When was your last period? You can take home pregnancy tests up to 5 days before your missed period and still get accurate results.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Kay thanks everybody! Getting a pregnAncy test
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

When I was pregnant with my son I thought I had the worst flu ever and vomited almost constantly for over a month. I used a test from dollar tree and it was accurate.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Of course people who post these sort of things know they should see a doctor. But for whatever reason, they don't want to see a doctor. I'm sure it's an anxiety thing.

OP, find a really friendly and accessible medical office who employs mature people who acknowledge the patients in a friendly way and are polite and cordial with them on the phone. Find a doctor who will return your phone calls, makes him or herself accessible and who doesn't have a long waiting list. These medical doctors are usually self employed and work in small private offices.

Doing it this way helped me a lot with my seeing-the-doctor anxiety. I don't go to large medical complexes in big cities or volume based medical offices who employ multiple doctors with a steady turnover. The whole get-'em-in-get-'em-out and have 'em pay some gum snapping 22 year old at the reception desk medical culture is pretty strong in the U.S., if that's where you're at. And it really contributes to anxiety about setting up medical appointments

Ya, I always make a list of questions when I go to the doctor. She can see I'm working from a list and asks if I have any more questions. My last appt took over an hour - the VA is definitely not an HMO.

Fortunately, there are respites like this for the niches they provide care to and thank goodness.

Sick care is so personal, yet sick care in the U.S. has become to unbelievably commoditized to the point where it's practically dehumanized. I don't blame anyone for being scared to see a doctor, enter a hospital or get any radiography done. Especially if they live a more solitary life and don't have a close, trustworthy network of supportive individuals to accompany them to appointments and literally hold their hand through it.

At best, large scale, for-profit medical in the U.S. is a labyrinth and at worst a behemoth. It can be more traumatizing than the sickness that led a patient to it to begin with.

OP is in Canada.
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    BRAT as mentioned in a few posts. Try avocado, steamed fish, eggs (any way... scrambled, poached, boiled). Things that are nutritious, bland but easy on the stomach. Hope you get well soon.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    You need to see a medical doctor with a PhD in Medicine. Not a Naturopath.

You mean MD. While yes a PhD is a doctorate degree, an MD is a medical doctor.

OP see a real doctor. Don't put your your life in the hands of someone who is not a medical professional. It literally could be the difference between life and death, andnifbyou get a diagnosis too late, it may too late to do anything.

As a PhD myself, I am enjoying both the pedantry in your post and the sound advice. Though it is worth noting that in the uk at least many MDs take a sabbatical to do a PhD in an area of medical research.

Op: go to a real doctor. You're in Canada right, so money isn't an issue?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    A naturopath ISN'T a doctor. They don't even need a license and ARE NOT RELIABLE to give medical advice of any type. Go to a gastroentrologist. It may be more serious than you think.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    You need to see a medical doctor with a PhD in Medicine. Not a Naturopath.

You mean MD. While yes a PhD is a doctorate degree, an MD is a medical doctor.

OP see a real doctor. Don't put your your life in the hands of someone who is not a medical professional. It literally could be the difference between life and death, andnifbyou get a diagnosis too late, it may too late to do anything.

As a PhD myself, I am enjoying both the pedantry in your post and the sound advice. Though it is worth noting that in the uk at least many MDs take a sabbatical to do a PhD in an area of medical research.

Op: go to a real doctor. You're in Canada right, so money isn't an issue?

Ha yeah, I addressed my freudian slip earlier. I mixed them up :P
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    mayas135 wrote: »
    Are there any eggs in your stool? If yes then it is probably a parasite and you need to take medication for it. The more you eat glucose, the more they will grow.

What?
    I believe she means parasite eggs. But that can't be determined without an actual stool sample.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Get to a real doctor and stop looking for diagnoses and cures in this forum. This is nothing to mess with. You'll end up hospitalized -- or in the cemetery
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good luck, and good health tovyou!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Positive pregnancy test. Thank you all so much. Now I've got to make " the decision." Concerned that no trained professionals would ink of that but whatever. Thank you everybody

All the best to you.
This discussion has been closed.