I can only eat bread and juice

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    Positive pregnancy test. Thank you all so much. Now I've got to make " the decision." Concerned that no trained professionals would ink of that but whatever. Thank you everybody

This brings to mind an old medical saying:
    'When you hear hoofbeats, expect horses not zebras.'

Unless you're in Masai Mara.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Op: thanks for the update. So many people leave us hanging and we love a window into other's lives.

You should still go to the doc and get checked out, maybe ask for some baby-safe anti sickness drugs. Good luck!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Positive pregnancy test. Thank you all so much. Now I've got to make " the decision." Concerned that no trained professionals would ink of that but whatever. Thank you everybody

Congratulations!

Now find a good GP who will see you through this pregnancy with good advice.

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    No pregnancy test. Do you think buyable tests will work effectively? Finding contradictions online and I'm confused. Sounds like I'll wait a bit for a result from a doctor

Store tests accurately predicted my 3 pregnancies a few days before tom was supposed to start. You can also find them at many dollar stores :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Of course people who post these sort of things know they should see a doctor. But for whatever reason, they don't want to see a doctor. I'm sure it's an anxiety thing.

OP, find a really friendly and accessible medical office who employs mature people who acknowledge the patients in a friendly way and are polite and cordial with them on the phone. Find a doctor who will return your phone calls, makes him or herself accessible and who doesn't have a long waiting list. These medical doctors are usually self employed and work in small private offices.

Doing it this way helped me a lot with my seeing-the-doctor anxiety. I don't go to large medical complexes in big cities or volume based medical offices who employ multiple doctors with a steady turnover. The whole get-'em-in-get-'em-out and have 'em pay some gum snapping 22 year old at the reception desk medical culture is pretty strong in the U.S., if that's where you're at. And it really contributes to anxiety about setting up medical appointments

Ya, I always make a list of questions when I go to the doctor. She can see I'm working from a list and asks if I have any more questions. My last appt took over an hour - the VA is definitely not an HMO.

Fortunately, there are respites like this for the niches they provide care to and thank goodness.

Sick care is so personal, yet sick care in the U.S. has become to unbelievably commoditized to the point where it's practically dehumanized. I don't blame anyone for being scared to see a doctor, enter a hospital or get any radiography done. Especially if they live a more solitary life and don't have a close, trustworthy network of supportive individuals to accompany them to appointments and literally hold their hand through it.

At best, large scale, for-profit medical in the U.S. is a labyrinth and at worst a behemoth. It can be more traumatizing than the sickness that led a patient to it to begin with.

OP is in Canada.

And our medical system sucks. It won't bankrupt you, but it still sucks. Hope the OP has a family doctor.

Good luck to the OP. At least you know the answer. I am surprised the hospital did not check but not surprised the naturopath didn't catch it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Amoxucillin is not treatment for a parasite!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Especially not the type of "parasite" she has. :lol:

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Nor is it treatment for pregnancy.

Honestly shocked the hospital did not do a pregnancy tests. Around here they pretty much do them on any female between 8 and 80, and always assume it will benpositive until they get the negative result.
This discussion has been closed.