I can only eat bread and juice

Options

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Amoxucillin is not treatment for a parasite!

Nor is it treatment for pregnancy.

Honestly shocked the hospital did not do a pregnancy tests. Around here they pretty much do them on any female between 8 and 80, and always assume it will benpositive until they get the negative result.

This is what I was thinking. When I had lower right quadrant pain once, every single person I saw asked the question about sexual activity and possible pregnancy. I must have answered it 10 times at least. Turned out to be my appendix.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

I'm assuming here that the hospital gave her the antibiotics to clear up any bacterial infection she might have had. The hospital/doctor did not diagnose the parasites, the naturopath did. A naturopath would not have given her the antibiotics, because they cannot prescribe drugs.

That's my understanding of it. :)
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

Now that we've determined the nature of OP's parasite I have only one thing to say: I miss House. :'(

It's on Netflix!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,039 Member
    Options

Honestly shocked the hospital did not do a pregnancy tests. Around here they pretty much do them on any female between 8 and 80, and always assume it will benpositive until they get the negative result.

In this day and age, you'd think that pregnancy would not be a surprise ... but ...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/pregnancy/nz-teen-emma-croftswilson-didnt-know-she-was-pregnant-and-gave-birth-on-the-kitchen-floor/news-story/a0a88329319ff39f18990a63aa995363
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    throwing up for a long time usually requires hospitalization, i would go to the ER
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Positive pregnancy test. Thank you all so much. Now I've got to make " the decision." Concerned that no trained professionals would ink of that but whatever. Thank you everybody

So it actually is a parasite :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Good luck, OP, whatever you decide!

you-have-a-parasite-dr-house-2.jpg

Now that we've determined the nature of this parasite I have only one thing to say: I miss House. :'(

Me too. Though last time I binge-watched it, I was home from work sick. Don't binge watch House when you're sick.

I binge watched Breaking Bad...not good either, makes for weird dreams.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

I'm assuming here that the hospital gave her the antibiotics to clear up any bacterial infection she might have had. The hospital/doctor did not diagnose the parasites, the naturopath did. A naturopath would not have given her the antibiotics, because they cannot prescribe drugs.

That's my understanding of it. :)
    Sadly, in some states they can. But I don't think anyplace in Canada allows it.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    throwing up for a long time usually requires hospitalization, i would go to the ER
    Yeah.....no. ;)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP! When I read "can only eat bread and juice" all I could think was, 'Oh hell, I remember that!'. My third daughter was alllllll food aversions in the first trimester. Hang in there!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

In this day and age, you'd think that pregnancy would not be a surprise ... but ...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/pregnancy/nz-teen-emma-croftswilson-didnt-know-she-was-pregnant-and-gave-birth-on-the-kitchen-floor/news-story/a0a88329319ff39f18990a63aa995363

a friend of a friend had a surprise baby - she gave birth part way through a long holiday!
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    This thread is so exciting!

Congratulations, OP. :blush:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP--so pleased that you found the root of the problem. Wishing you all the best. Being a mother is a big decision. I was plunged into it myself and it's a life-changer, in a special way. MFP is with you, as you can see. Best wishes for a bright future.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    No pregnancy test. Do you think buyable tests will work effectively? Finding contradictions online and I'm confused. Sounds like I'll wait a bit for a result from a doctor

The ones you get from the pharmacy are very reliable. It's just the first thing to come to mind. If it is the case, that's one hell of a 'parasite' haahaha

Ohhhhh I have one of those parasites right now. Very demanding parasite, requires lots of doctors visits, needs a nursery and everything lol.

And, is your illness cured with this?

1421876680_grace-gerber-baby-zoom.jpg

Too Friggin Cute!
This discussion has been closed.