Options

Replies

• clyn90
    clyn90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Right now? The amount of Nyquil/DayQuil I have been consuming adds up. It sucks.

Use the pills, lol.

DayQuil I typically do. The NyQuil pills don't work in the sleepy aspect, so I'm stuck gagging the syrup down. :lol:

I believe children's nyquil is the exact same dosage as adults but tastes like cherries.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Clearly then I would log 12 servings of 72 calories if it went to that level DAILY. But 3 sprays of Pam is not even on my mind while logging. That stress is not worth it
    No, these r irrelevant in my logging. Anything less than 73 calories (Ferrero rocher) doesn't get much play in my daily log and I lose weight just fine. I'd think Youd shoot up your stress level over 26 cals why too high which impacts cortisol n weight loss way more than these 26 cals

But if you eat a dozen things a day that are 72 calories that's 864 extra calories a day - and over 6,000 in a week. I can easily just take a few bites of this a nibble of that keeping it all under 73 calories and rack up hundreds of extra uncounted calories a day.

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Right now? The amount of Nyquil/DayQuil I have been consuming adds up. It sucks.

Cough drops drive me crazy- if I've got a cough I need them to get through work, but they are just little candies
  • Michelle2622017
    Michelle2622017 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I log all calories.

When I use the "0 calorie" cooking spray, I count one mississippi, two mississippi, and use 20 calories per second.

The package says 0 cals per serving and that a serving is 1/4 of a second. Since up to 5 cals can be rounded to 0 cals, I am assuming that one serving is 4.999 or something equally annoying. 5 × 4 = 20.

So, that is why I use 20 cals per second.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,892 Member
    Options
    I log all calories.

When I use the "0 calorie" cooking spray, I count one mississippi, two mississippi, and use 20 calories per second.

The package says 0 cals per serving and that a serving is 1/4 of a second. Since up to 5 cals can be rounded to 0 cals, I am assuming that one serving is 4.999 or something equally annoying. 5 × 4 = 20.

Put a cold frying pan on the scale. Repeat your experiment. I've come up with approximately 1 gram per second which would make it about 9 calories for one of my seconds. Of course each person's subjective seconds could wvary
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I see no reason not to log everything to the best of my ability and to eat the maximum calories that are compatible with my goals!

If it raises your cortisol levels... go ahead and don't log it.

My cortisol if much happier knowing that I've logged my 9 Cal of cinnamon and 18 Cal of Pam and 4 Cal of pepper and 18 Cal of coffee.

And that no calorie will remain unaccounted for or for that matter un-eaten without good reason!

Exactly this. I log everything, even my gum as it's 5 calories per piece. It doesn't stress me out one bit to do so and takes a second to do. The more accurate my data is, the happier I am.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't use Pam, I used this:
    c90b7ukzlgxx.png

You can put in any oil you want, just have to pump it to create pressure in the canister.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Diet pop has a few calories (some more, some less depending on the pop). I think most things that claim zero calories per serving you have to calculate how many calories per container. Vitamins and things like this have some too. When I make muffins, I use the cupcake liners, saves a few calories, and clean up is a breeze.

The mister above is a good piece of equipment to have. You know what you are actually spraying on your food or in your pan.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I log all calories.

Put a cold frying pan on the scale. Repeat your experiment. I've come up with approximately 1 gram per second which would make it about 9 calories for one of my seconds. Of course each person's subjective seconds could wvary

Our seconds are the same.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I log all calories.

Our seconds are the same.

Seconded (pardon the pun). Seconds are the SI unit of time so there is nothing subjective about it at all.

"The second is the duration of 9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom"
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I compensate for cooking oils, diet drinks etc with exercise calories. I aim for between 1200-1300 calories a day in food and log as accurately as possible with scales etc but I know I have my exercise calories to back myself up
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't use Pam, I used this:
    c90b7ukzlgxx.png

You can put in any oil you want, just have to pump it to create pressure in the canister.

I have one but it often ends up putting too much oil in the end compared to the PAM stuff...
    Francl27 wrote: »

Use the pills, lol.

DayQuil I typically do. The NyQuil pills don't work in the sleepy aspect, so I'm stuck gagging the syrup down. :lol:

They work wonders for me thankfully lol.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Yes 250 is a small deficit...but it can be over come with 1k extra steps.

I do not burn 250 cals at 1,000 steps. I wish! I gotta run on the treadmill for 30 minutes to burn that.

But I still don't log the oil spray.

the extra 78 calories can be overcome with an extra 1k steps.

I ran for 34 mins on my treadmill and my tracker gave me 512 calories burned, MMF gave me 425...I don't go by the treadmill burn...
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I do not burn 250 cals at 1,000 steps. I wish! I gotta run on the treadmill for 30 minutes to burn that.

I ran for 34 mins on my treadmill and my tracker gave me 512 calories burned, MMF gave me 425...I don't go by the treadmill burn...

Just an FYI: Approximate calories burned walking = 0.3 x bodyweight (lbs) x distance (miles)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

Just an FYI: Approximate calories burned walking = 0.3 x bodyweight (lbs) x distance (miles)

I used the formula to see how close it came to the estimate that I use to figure my calories burned while walking. It came out really close. I estimate 50 calories per mile...the formula gave me 59 calories per mile. When I used MFP exercise calculator it gave me 99 calories per mile.