What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Is it my imagination, or have my skin tags disappeared since eating healthier and losing weight? A while ago i had been contemplating buying some of that otc skin tag stuff from the drugstore, but just never got around to it. I was looking in the bathroom mirror the other day and realized the ones on my neck had vanished. Has this happened to anyone else?

It hasn't for me, but I'll start keeping an eye on mine. I actually started growing more over the last two years when I really started packing the weight. I'd love to think that losing skin tags is a side effect of losing weight.

I've DIY'd a few removals at home w/ dental floss.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Is it my imagination, or have my skin tags disappeared since eating healthier and losing weight? A while ago i had been contemplating buying some of that otc skin tag stuff from the drugstore, but just never got around to it. I was looking in the bathroom mirror the other day and realized the ones on my neck had vanished. Has this happened to anyone else?

It hasn't for me, but I'll start keeping an eye on mine. I actually started growing more over the last two years when I really started packing the weight. I'd love to think that losing skin tags is a side effect of losing weight.

I've DIY'd a few removals at home w/ dental floss.

I have used tea tree oil for those. If they are pretty small it works well. It stinks like tea tree oil, but it works. I think that most of the otc remedies are just tea tree oil.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    naceto wrote: »
    1. My butt hurts LOL! My tushy has no cushion. It's like I had been carrying around a stadium cushion that no longer exists.

Yup, this is a feeling i know only too well. Even perching on a stool to clear my daughter's toys from the floor is painful (I can't kneel down at the moment due to a cycling accident) - my bones and muscles keep "clicking"

2. My glasses keep falling down my nose. I know I should go in and have them adjust, but that would mean an extra trip in my car, where my tushy will hurt from lack of cushion

This is a complete nuisance - my glasses slide down my nose no matter what position I'm in and if I lean forward, they just fall off altogether. I put it down to losing fat from my head, especially the sides where my glasses were literally wedged in place.

3. There are so many more choices of clothing now that I'm smaller - I had thought that maybe this was perception, when I was shopping plus sizes, but when I went over to the "other side" of the store, I was overwhelmed with the choices I had.

This is a wonderful experience, don't you think? I've gone down through the sizes from 5XL to a "small" and I have to keep doing a double-take when I see what now fits me. Love it, love it, love it. And I have to buy MORE clothes as there's more room in my chest of drawers to keep it all! The downside is that sorting the washing takes longer as I get my teenage daughter's clothes mixed up with mine, so I have to check the labels (we both wear mainly dark clothes; I haven't yet dared to move into brighter colours)

and this may be TMI but sex is WAY more fun.

Isn't it just ? ;)

• MMWoods86
    MMWoods86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Your shoes may no longer fit.
    Don't be too quick to resize your wedding bands, most jewelers won't do it more than twice.
    Find and make friends with your local consignment shop, don't splurge too much on clothes until you reach (and have stayed for a while at) goal.
    Some of your friends and family members will not be supportive.
    It's not a linear process (especially for us girls)! Some days/weeks you will not lose anything and that's okay. Stick to your plan.

This is so awesome never realized the shoe thing until I lost the weight the first time 3yrs ago can't wait to again ❤
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    So many people on this thread are having trouble with bra fitting! I had a lot of trouble as well. I've gone from a 40DDD to a 32DD while losing 90 lbs. I'm 10 lbs from my goal so I'm hoping that my bra size isn't going to change much more. My cup size stayed constant for most of that time and only started decreasing recently.

This may have been mentioned already--I haven't gone back and read every post--but try bratabase.com. You'll need to take a lot of measurements, but then the site will suggest sizes as well as specific bras for your body shape. You can also input detailed notes on how your current bras fit, and it will incorporate that into your suggestions.

For those looking for a great sports bra (or regular bra) for larger cup sizes, try Panache. I'm a runner and I wear their underwire sports bras, which are easily convertible between standard or racerback style straps, and they fasten like a regular bra instead of those awful elastic sports bras that you have to contort yourself to get in and out of.

@apullum As a busty girl, I learned from http://www.bigbustsupport.com that if it can fit over your head/shoulders, it will NOT do it's job and Panache bras are THE BEST! I'm also a big fan of Herroom.com for bra shopping. 30H isn't something that I find readily in stores unless I got to a specialty shop in Austin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!