What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• time4me38
    time4me38 Posts: 14 Member
    Archercc wrote: »
    I'm only on day 6 so far, but this thread has been one heck of an inspiration to me. My biggest fear is loose skin, I am 6'4" and (roughly) 340 pounds so I have a metric snot ton to drop and I am terrified that I am going to look like a sharpei but that fear is not going to hold me back, thank you all for the inspiration.

Feel free to add me.

Ok, so I am petrified of the loose skin. I am 5'3 and at my heaviest was 260 pounds. I began 2/15 of this year and have lost 38 pounds so far. About 15 pounds in I started noticing wrinkly skin on my stomach, but it's gone! I know it might get worse the more I lose, but I'm hoping for the best. I have been drinking water and lifting weights and that is supposed to help. I let fear of the skin stop me for too long. Hang in there and keep up the good work! Btw I'm 43. I've read that age is a factor.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,041 Member
    jneen29 wrote: »
    I agree with the boob loss... the saggy skin... Sad!

And... if you only "lose weight" and don't lift weights, you will look SKINNY FAT!

And this is why I let go of cardio for a while And do weights and count steps.
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    I am 62 years old and have lost 58 lbs so far. I am noticing the 'saggy' skin but don't know if it's due to the weight loss or my age. I keep seeing people post about weight lifting to help reduce this but don't have a clue as to how to start! I don't belong to a gym and doing all of my exercise in my house. What can someone like me do to start with weights or yoga (resistant) bands. The places I notice the most are in my arms and inside upper thighs. I don't have saggy skin on my neck, face or belly. Any suggestions?