Unsupportive partners/spouses?

Options
Do you have an unsupportive spouse or partner? It happens. They may discourage or make fun of your fitness goals. Maybe it's out of jealousy or insecurity. Who knows? Well, if you need support or just want to vent, leave a reply. Don't give up!

Replies

• Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    JenniYo wrote: »
    I understand completely.
    He doesn't make fun, but is no help and purposely counter productive when it comes to staying on track. I wish he was on board. He needs this too.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Hopefully things will change. Maybe he'll be inspired seeing the transformation unfold and that you are stepping up and "doing" you.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    My fiance is in a lot better shape than me, mostly because her metabolism is amazingly fast and she has done martial arts all of her life.

I still recently bought her a Fitbit to match mine, and she is a bit competitive with the steps! I know metabolism won't last forever, and there is nothing wrong with working out when you're already as fit as could be.

You are exactly right. I think it is sweet that you bought her a Fitbit btw.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Mine always thinks that he's got better ways of doing things and just shuts me down when I mention joining a gym. It's depressing

Sorry to hear that. You can do this. Most of all, be on this journey for you! I think your man will be surprised.
  • mcleodcon1981
    mcleodcon1981 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My husband is so sweet, but ever since we met, I've been telling him I was trying to eat healthy and lose weight. To this day he brings me home candy and sodas because he thinks he's doing something nice for me. I love that he's thinking about me, but I wish he'd bring me home an edible arrangement or a v8 or something instead. To top it off, the man LOVES junk food. So its a constant battle when were trying to compromise on what to eat.

THIS! My fiancee is this person!! I have found a great cookbook we both like but he constantly wants the same thing out of it! And we definitely can't afford to be cooking 2 dinners every night.