What the hell is going on to my face?! Please help

Options

Replies

• Peregrymj
    Peregrymj Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    121 is very low. My husband is the same height and when he was 130lbs you could count his ribs and see the muscles moving under his skin, and you're 9lbs below that!
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Do you ever suffer from migraines? I had a friend and you could see her migraine coming as her face got a bit puffier a couple days before.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Face rounding... it can be a pain. The plus side is you will look younger longer...
    Soda has salt in it... your drinking salt and it retains water... in your face... like beer does. STOP THE SODA and it will go away
    Hope it helps

Diet soda (what OP is drinking) has about the same amount of sodium as tap water. I drink 4-6 cans a day and have no issues with water retention/puffy face.

OP-if it's something you're concerned about I'd have it checked out by a doctor to make sure it's not something serious.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    miratps wrote: »
    Face rounding... it can be a pain. The plus side is you will look younger longer...
    Soda has salt in it... your drinking salt and it retains water... in your face... like beer does. STOP THE SODA and it will go away
    Hope it helps

Soda isn't salt water. It contains very little sodium. The container even says "very low sodium."

That's not to say it couldn't be a reaction to something in the soda. It's just not the sodium.

This. OP please open your diary! The very little sodium in soda wouldn't do that. It might be something else on there. Do you have any known allergies? Hormonal changes, excess sodium in your diet, the heat (summer or being in heated houses all the time), medications, dehydration, and more carbs than usual can. As well as allergies. The pill can, too.

I do keep the heating on non stop now to be fair. No allergies etc. but the rest of the diet (other than consuming more than I was 4 months ago) is the same

You can develop allergies at any time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Some people have all sorts of different reactions to aspartame. Yours could be a puffy face?? But at your height and very low weight, are you sure there's not some kind of body dismorphia going on here?
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Some people have a puffy face eventhough they have a slim/fit body like yourself. There're some helpful videos on YouTube how to slim your face. I myself struggled with a puffy round round face, the YouTube videos helped me slim it down.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    nomorepuke wrote: »
    Some people have a puffy face eventhough they have a slim/fit body like yourself. There're some helpful videos on YouTube how to slim your face. I myself struggled with a puffy round round face, the YouTube videos helped me slim it down.

What did this involve? Exercises?
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

This sort of thing has been going on for decades. OP you are already very light, It may be worth looking at your perception.

w06frew1kby1.jpg

hqzsoxp3uirs.jpg

• miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Your low weight and reluctance to eat enough for a 21 yo male makes me wonder about how much of this is a matter of faulty self-perception.

26 but definitely not wrong perception, people have said it (not negatively). They have spotted my face has got rounder

Sorry, I was thinking of your weight. 121 lbs at 5'6". At that weight your face is likely quite thin. Added roundness is probably healthy due to eating more (I'm curious about how the comments from others were phrased.) In this thread you have claimed to eat under goal, at maintenance, and over maintenance. That kind of waffling makes it hard to give useful advice but if you are actually eating enough to gain, that's a good thing.

Just kind of 'welcome back to the family'/'nothing wrong with it'/'looks more like you' - usually from family. We have all had round faces but during the weight loss I 'beat' those odds. They say it like we all have round faces so it's fine, but for me it's a case of why has it come back. If I never lost it I wouldn't worry but cos I did and then it's come back I am confused
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hope it helps

lol, no. soda is actually very low in sodium - check the numbers on the can/bottle.
  • miratps
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Am I the only one wondering what's so awful about a round face?

Just the idea of not having one for once and then all of a sudden it coming back for no apparent reason, I enjoyed not having a round face for a few months in my life for once. If I knew what caused it I'd be more comfortable, as in, was it a certain food etc. If it was and it was a food I'd liked I'd live with the round face happily, but I have no idea why it's come back
  • miratps
    Options
    Some people have all sorts of different reactions to aspartame. Yours could be a puffy face?? But at your height and very low weight, are you sure there's not some kind of body dismorphia going on here?

Definitely not, when other people have noticed it's not just me thinking it. It's frustrating not knowing really why it's come back, if I did it would be so much easier to make decisions on whether it's a lack of a certain workout which I may have dropped recently, certain foods etc.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Again: why is "round" so bad? !

I really think this is a case of body-image rather than really a problem with swelling or something.

If swelling was so bad it drastically changed face shape it would warrant a trip to the doctor!!!

In drawing class years ago I was taught faces tend to fall into four shapes: square, round, rectangular, and heart-shaped. None of these shapes are better than the others. A person can be ugly, or beautiful or anything in between with any of these face shapes. A very fat person will have a slimmer face when he loses weight, but will not change the face shape. If such a person is severely underweight, he or she may have more angular features.

This is similar to the idea that women's bodies tend to have four shapes: straight, apple-shaped, pear-shaped, hourglass... and none of these are the "ideal" (although one type may be currently in fashion). A woman with a pear-shaped body will be slimmer but will still carry more curves on her hips than a woman with a boyish straight figure. If that woman happens to be training for a marathon, she will have slender hips, but that will not change the pre-disposition.

I really think this is a case of body image. Maybe you had a skinny face day, maybe it was the lighting, the angle you photographed yourself at...in any case, I seriously think you are not accepting that you have a lovely round face and there is nothing wrong with that. Not all men have the angular features of Clint Eastwood.

I think you have linked the idea that round faces are fat faces. And maybe that's because your family tend to have an obesity problem and they have round faces. So if you lost weight your face would not be round. But that's not how it works.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your low weight and reluctance to eat enough for a 21 yo male makes me wonder about how much of this is a matter of faulty self-perception.

26 but definitely not wrong perception, people have said it (not negatively). They have spotted my face has got rounder

Sorry, I was thinking of your weight. 121 lbs at 5'6". At that weight your face is likely quite thin. Added roundness is probably healthy due to eating more (I'm curious about how the comments from others were phrased.) In this thread you have claimed to eat under goal, at maintenance, and over maintenance. That kind of waffling makes it hard to give useful advice but if you are actually eating enough to gain, that's a good thing.

Just kind of 'welcome back to the family'/'nothing wrong with it'/'looks more like you' - usually from family. We have all had round faces but during the weight loss I 'beat' those odds. They say it like we all have round faces so it's fine, but for me it's a case of why has it come back. If I never lost it I wouldn't worry but cos I did and then it's come back I am confused

I agree with the others that this is a body image issue.

Some people have round faces, some have high cheekbones, some have ears that stick out, some have tiny noses. None of these are bad and all are possible well within the realm of healthy weights and lifestyles. You can eat and train in order to maximize your natural build but fighting against it is an exercise in futility if you want to be healthy, both physically and mentally. In short, I think that you would benefit from therapy. Be kind to yourself.
  • Candida83
    Candida83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The aspartame in those diet sodas is HORRIBLE for you. I would highly recommend cutting those out!!!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    MaybeLed wrote: »

This sort of thing has been going on for decades. OP you are already very light, It may be worth looking at your perception.

w06frew1kby1.jpg

hqzsoxp3uirs.jpg

Is eye-rolly considered a facial exercise? B)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    MaybeLed wrote: »

w06frew1kby1.jpg

hqzsoxp3uirs.jpg

Is eye-rolly considered a facial exercise? B)

Of course! @snickerscharlie Eye roll is one of my stronglifts accessories, yo.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Sodas contain a scary amount of sodium - could it be water retention from that?