Daniel fast

Options

Replies

• beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    ALL the cashews <3

OMG yes! I'm a sucker for cashews - they're my drug of choice. sigh.
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well my normal diet is no carbs, sweets, fried food, junk food and I don't drink my calories.... not going to change that... just going to eliminate even more food.... <3
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    alarmed123 wrote: »
    Well my normal diet is no carbs, sweets, fried food, junk food and I don't drink my calories.... not going to change that... just going to eliminate even more food.... <3

Not sure why you'd want to do that
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

So, you don't eat fruit vegetables or dairy?
  • alarmed123
    Options
    I just stated the things I do not eat.
  • alarmed123
    Options
    This was suppose to be a positive post, but everyone is angry or on edge. Well, not everyone. Hmmm anyway, LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! <3<3<3
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I just stated the things I do not eat.

I think the confusion is that fruits and vegetables are mostly carbs and generally considered carbs. I assume you mean something else like starchy foods?

Personally I think lots of carbs (including the starchier ones) are extremely healthful, as well as delicious, but if you don't want to eat them for any number of reasons that's totally cool. Only bringing it up because it came up, not to be critical at all.
  • nowNOTthenmylife
    nowNOTthenmylife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and lost 12 lbs in 21 days no excercise. I was 170 lbs when I did it and I am 5'2. I limited my intake of grains and skipped on the nuts tho
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

With all those food rules you may want to talk to a professional. Seriously. Your post worries me.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm doing it for 30 days lol forgot to mention. I fast 1-2 times a week already, I mean real fast.... just tea and water.... this is more challenging because it's for 30 days. Not eating all the grains either, because I don't eat carbs... just sticking to the veggies, which have enough carbs as it is.... this is more like a spiritual, mental and physical cleanse.

You regularly fast 1-2 days a week? That's not healthy hun, please talk to someone close to you about this or see your doctor.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »

With all those food rules you may want to talk to a professional. Seriously. Your post worries me.

I don't see any way to do the Daniel Fast without consuming any carbohydrates. You'd wind up eliminating virtually everything and having . . . oil?
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    So you don't eat Daniels?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm doing it for 30 days lol forgot to mention. I fast 1-2 times a week already, I mean real fast.... just tea and water.... this is more challenging because it's for 30 days. Not eating all the grains either, because I don't eat carbs... just sticking to the veggies, which have enough carbs as it is.... this is more like a spiritual, mental and physical cleanse.

You regularly fast 1-2 days a week? That's not healthy hun, please talk to someone close to you about this or see your doctor.

As long as your overall intake is sufficient and nutritional needs are met, there is nothing wrong with fasting a full day once or twice a week. In fact, this is one method many use for Intermittent Fasting.