Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Just for today:
    10000 steps-10600
    8 cups water-exanged some of those for beer lol
    Drinks with friends. Gonna try not to blow it- shared dinner and desert
    Compliment my coworkers-just got busy....
    Be thankful-work on this more

Didn't lose or gain. I'll see how this week goes... Just been feeling yucky. Pretty much spent the day in bed napping on and off.

Just for today:
    Sleep
    Hydrate

Either of those would be great :/

• KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Jan 20, Friday

1) get up early ✔️
    2). Get steps in✔️
    3). Take lunch.✔️
    4) Hold my ground.✔️
    5). Don't go to Starbucks✔️✔️

Jan. 21 Saturday

1). For for a long walk
    2). Meal plan.
    3). Healthy grocery shop.
    4). Prepare slow cooker meal for Sunday.

Jan. 22. Sunday

1). Go for a walk before soccer
    2). Bring hot tea to soccer.
    3). Enjoy the day.
    4). Make ahead school/ work lunch.
    5). Tell my boy I love him and I'm proud of him.

Enjoy your weekend!!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Late getting on here again. This time of year, things are so busy. But ... after having a bad week with 2 nites of binging, I got back on track. So that, to me, it a success. We all have steps backwards, but a successful week is if we get right back on track.

I am down .6 lb. Not much, but since the first of the year, I am down almost 4 lbs. At at age 65, I'll take that. So one day at a time .....

Since it is late, for the remainder of today:
    1. drink water
    2. no snacks. I'm not hungry -- I am just thirsty
    3. write out "to do" list for tomorrow so I can sleep better
    4. get some sewing done
    5. count my many blessings instead of my troubles
  • mksafire
    mksafire Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Daily Habits Goal:
    - 30 min workout in morning
    - Write/Journal 30 min a day
    - Meditate 20 min a day
    - Yoga every day
    - 7-8 hours sleep a night

Goals for this week:
    - In bed by 9pm
    - 30 min physical activity a day
    - Reduce caffeine consumption and try out alternatives
    -
    ----

I fell off for a few days so here's my catchup

1/20/17 - Friday
    I was feeling really down the day before so I started writing and sketching and trying to find a way out. It was really nice outside so I took a walk that ended up into a run. Really turned things around that day. I ended up hanging out with a couple close friends and stayed up all night drawing on rocks and making jokes. It was just what I needed. So took some time off to have fun and shake off the stress. :)

1/21/17 - Saturday
    Very tired out from the night before so I took this as a rest day. Mostly stayed in bed sleeping, watching movies and hanging out with my boyfriend.

1/22/17 - Sunday
    Took this day off too. Still really sore from the week before with starting to workout again. So I took more time off to recover. I got some cleaning in and was a bit more active but still took it easy.

1/23/17 - Monday
    Focusing on sleeping more and resting up for work. I took a LONG walk at lunch and talked to a close friend of mine that is going though some rough things in her life. It was nice to reconnect. Since I am so tired and worn out and on the path to being depressed again I figured it was a good idea to connect to friends and get a different perspective on it all. It is definitely helping!

1/24/17 - Tuesday Goals
    - Get in bed by 9pm
    - Take a long walk at lunch
    - Focus on drinking enough water
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Gosh I miss you guys when I get too busy to post! Just wanted to say hi, and I will log on later to post my goals for tomorrow.

Have a great evening!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just for today: enjoy focusing on where I am on the long road rather than the destination.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    J4T - Wednesday

1. Stick to food plan and journal every bite
    2. Hydrate with WATER
    3. Make a task list and focus on checking off each task as I complete it at work. Don't stress, just focus and work smart
    4. Take a walk or two outside to get a break from office. Deep breaths. Maybe even take a real lunch break?
    5. Celebrate my 5 year cancer-free anniversary after my Oncology appointment! Perhaps ask my husband to take me out for dinner?
    6. Add 100 steps to yesterday's Fit Bit steps, and 30 minutes of activity
    7. Meditate 15 minutes
    8. Bed an hour early and read

Have a GREAT day!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Been too busy to post, but over the worst of it now... I hope!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No unhealthy snacks
    - Stay within calories
    - Exercise class after work

- 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - When free, spend some time considering current relationship dilemma when free
    - When working, focus on that and put dilemma out of mind
    - don't procrastinate just because there's no urgent deadline today
  • mksafire
    mksafire Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Daily Habits Goal:
    - 30 min workout in morning
    - Write/Journal 30 min a day
    - Meditate 20 min a day
    - Yoga every day
    - 7-8 hours sleep a night

Goals for this week:
    - In bed by 9pm
    - 30 min physical activity a day
    - Reduce caffeine consumption and try out alternatives

----

1/25/17 - Wednesday Goals
    - Drink at least one cup of tea after coffee
    - Keep dinner simple and easy and healthy
    - Practice meditation throughout the day
    - Focus on yoga stretches

Yesterday was one of my really good days. I didn't get that much exercise in but ate a ton of delicious and protein filled food. I haven't been eating that much lately and was hungry all the time so I am in a state of rest and restoration. This is usually when I drop off so I am staying self aware of the need to rest but also that I tend to stay in this rest state and not want to exercise at all anymore! so I am going to move just a little. It might be a good time to start doing yoga again and make that part of my daily practice. That way I can restore and stretch until I am ready to move faster and get some cardio. Meditation is helping so much! I am going to keep that up with more sessions through the day. My anxiety has gone way down and I am sleeping so much better. I am able to focus and not let things get to me. I am also realizing that people ARE as annoying as I think they are I just can't let that get to me.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Back to MFP for the first time this week - my cold has really had me down, but I think I'm finally on the upside!

F 1/20/17 (had a really lousy cold):
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water - YES
    2) Meditate in afternoon - YES
    3) Grocery shop after work - YES
    4) Floss - No - even worse doing this with a head cold
    5) In bed early, by 10 p.m. - YES

Sat. talked into attending hubby's family holiday party - at least I didn't feel like eating much with my cold.

Sun. slept until 11:30 a.m. which is REALLY late for me. Guess my body needed the rest. Took it easy the rest of the day, and had pizza for supper (too tired to cook).

Mon. & Tues. no daily goals - managed to get through work barely, especially Mon. Canceled dinner plans with friend (again). Skipped out on Tues. lunchtime hike (again).

Just for today W 1/25/17 - trying to get back on track:
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs
    3) Meditate in afternoon
    4) Buy at least 5 birthday cards for this week and next, maybe more for the upcoming weeks
    5) Write thank card for gift and fill out birdseed order form, and mail Thurs.
    6) Floss (why is this so hard for me?)
    7) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off (ditto comment for #6)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Great to see you guys back! I think this is a busy time of year for everyone.

We are busy working on taxes, year end stuff, plus just business in general. January is always a hectic time.
    But ... on the good side, I have been getting to the gym in the mornings. I am finding I love it, and it is a great way to start my day. Granted .... I work out of my home ... so I don't have to get up at 4am to do this like many of you do!

The past 2 days have been very stressful, not only with work, but with problems with our daughter, who has severe mental illness. When she does poorly, so do I. Now she is having health problems because of all the medications - both in vision, and general health.

So what do I do --- I eat for comfort. My husband and I were talking about this. He drinks too much wine when he is under stress --- I grab comfort, junk food. It is a cycle I HAVE to stop, yet the hardest for me to stop. And then, for 2 days afterwards, I feel awful. So why do I keep doing this!!!

so JFT,
    Ways I will handle stress:
    1. exercise. If I can't get outside, or to the gym, do small things here - even 5 minutes at a time
    2. drink water
    3. start to journal. Write down my feelings, instead of eating them.
    4. stay busy. Even though I sew, I manage to eat while I sew. So do something more physical, like cleaning out the closet, scrubbing floors, anything to get past that moment when I want to grab food.

My goals for January was to be at 210 lbs. I am now at 213.6 lbs (started at 217). Not sure if I will make that goal, but I am sure going to try!!

• mytime6630
    Options
    Back to MFP for the first time this week - my cold has really had me down, but I think I'm finally on the upside!

Hope to feel better soon! Seems this sickness is hitting a lot of people. I had it right after new Years, and seemed it hung on for a week. Thats your body telling you to take it easy, and get better!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    mksafire wrote: »

Yesterday was one of my really good days. I didn't get that much exercise in but ate a ton of delicious and protein filled food. I haven't been eating that much lately and was hungry all the time so I am in a state of rest and restoration. This is usually when I drop off so I am staying self aware of the need to rest but also that I tend to stay in this rest state and not want to exercise at all anymore! so I am going to move just a little. It might be a good time to start doing yoga again and make that part of my daily practice. That way I can restore and stretch until I am ready to move faster and get some cardio. Meditation is helping so much! I am going to keep that up with more sessions through the day. My anxiety has gone way down and I am sleeping so much better. I am able to focus and not let things get to me. I am also realizing that people ARE as annoying as I think they are I just can't let that get to me.

We all have to remember that feeling when we have a really good day! Self awareness is such a important thing! Thank you for sharing! I am so happy you are doing better! Proud of you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    [quote="OConnell5483;38686513"
    5. Celebrate my 5 year cancer-free anniversary after my Oncology appointment! Perhaps ask my husband to take me out for dinner?

Have a GREAT day![/quote]

Congratulations on your 5-year cancer-free anniv!!!!!!!! Yes, I think dinner should be part of that celebration!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    OConnell5483

joan6630
    Congratulations on your 5-year cancer-free anniv!!!!!!!! Yes, I think dinner should be part of that celebration!

Thank you! Just got back and got an "all clear"! Music to my ears!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Can I join in? :)

Do I just start with goals for tomorrow and go from there?

Goals for Thur 26 Jan

- Drink minimum 4 glasses of water (I barely drink anything)
    - Stay under my calorie allowance
    - Exercise for at least 45 minutes.

General goals for Jan (or what's left of it)

- Exercise everyday for the remaining days
    - Log every single thing
    - Lose 2lbs

Starting weight: 12st 10
    Current weight: 12st 4
    Weight lost: 6lbs
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    After a week of dealing with a very sick SO and another few days of being sick myself, I am back at it!

Wednesday:
    1. Weigh in
    2. Track all food
    3. Weight workout at gym
    4. 60 situps
    5. 10 pushups
    6. 12+ cups water
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yesterday W 1/25/17 - trying to get back on track:
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water - YES 10 :smile:
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs - YES 26 :smile:
    3) Meditate in afternoon - YES :smile:
    4) Buy at least 5 birthday cards for this week and next, maybe more for the upcoming weeks - YES bought 12 cards thru Steve's bday in March :smile:
    5) Write thank card for gift and fill out birdseed order form, and mail Thurs. - No :neutral: bought thank you card and organized docs/envelopes/stamps, including DDS bill, for mailing Thurs.
    6) Floss (why is this so hard for me?) - YES :smiley:
    7) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off (ditto comment for #6) - Yes/No :neutral: TV off before 10:30, in bed at 10:36 & read for 20 minutes

Just for today R 1/26/17 - my cold is almost gone (finally! if only the coughing jags would be done):
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs
    3) Meditate in afternoon
    4) Wrap hubby's bday gifts
    5) Complete meal plan / grocery list
    6) Floss
    7) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Yesterday
    1. exercise. If I can't get outside, or to the gym, do small things here - even 5 minutes at a time :/
    2. drink water :)
    3. start to journal. Write down my feelings, instead of eating them. :)
    4. stay busy. Even though I sew, I manage to eat while I sew. So do something more physical, like cleaning out the closet, scrubbing floors, anything to get past that moment when I want to grab food. :) Cleaned up my sewing room!

I discovered eating a pickle really helped with those nite time cravings. I did have popcorn, but stopped with 1 cup.

JFT, Thursday
    1. log all food
    2. drink 6 glasses of water - 2 with each meals
    3. journal when I want to eat
    4. read success stories on here when I am temped to have late nite snacks
    5. drink 4 glasses of water while sewing to keep me from snacking
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    J4T - Wednesday

1. Stick to food plan and journal every bite :s FAIL. Went to dinner to celebrate my 5 year cancer free milestone last night and had 3 slices of pizza (thick crust) and a bowl of ice cream. So mad at myself!
    2. Hydrate with WATER ;) Need to try harder to get more in than I have been
    3. Make a task list and focus on checking off each task as I complete it at work. Don't stress, just focus and work smart :s Drama always seems to get in the way. I am so not a drama kind of person. IT stresses me out!
    4. Take a walk or two outside to get a break from office. Deep breaths. Maybe even take a real lunch break? :) I did take breaks throughout the day so that was nice!
    5. Celebrate my 5 year cancer-free anniversary after my Oncology appointment! Perhaps ask my husband to take me out for dinner? :) Did this!
    6. Add 100 steps to yesterday's Fit Bit steps, and 30 minutes of activity :/ Need to get more activity!!!
    7. Meditate 15 minutes ;) Didn't meditate but did pray a lot for my oncology appointment to go well and for work to not stress me out!
    8. Bed an hour early and read :) Did this one!

Have a GREAT day!

Just for Today - Thursday
    1. Stick to food plan! SERIOUSLY! STICK TO PLAN! No "sneaking a few carbs here and there".
    2. Hydrate with WATER!
    3. Task list today for work is to get Nikki's handout for WWD done, create exercise for Nursing Home visits for Rusk, Review Health Coach Lesson Plans and exercises.
    4. Review January's expenditures so far and see where I can cut back and save for vacation, as well as set budget for February. Pay 2nd half of month's bills
    5. Gym tonight!!! 30 minutes of activity, then tan and spend 20 minutes in massage chair
    6. Read for pleasure.
    7. Do not bring work home with you. Go home and really 'be present'. Work will still be here tomorrow.
    8. Prep for tomorrow
    9. Bedtime one hour early.