What did you eat today???

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member

Damn.

Wife just made a pulled pork and I think she didn't use ACV. It's dinner tonight.

A missed opportunity, to be sure. :/
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Breakfast was 1/2 cup Fage 0%; 1 tsp peanut butter; 1/2 cup fresh blueberries; 1 hardboiled egg white; 1 clementine; oh, and coffee/creamer (3 Tbs) (223)
    snack: 1 serving Veggie Straws (130)
    Lunch: 2 corn tortillas, 1 oz Tillamook sharp cheddar; 1/2 C Spicy Enchilada shredded chicken; 1/2 c red seedless grapes (356)
    afternoon snack: 2 peanut butter/oatmeal protein balls (97)
    Supper will be: 2 cups chicken no-noodle homemade soup; 1/2 avocado squished with lime; with 1/2 serving Tostitos, small bite (308)
    night time snack: 1 skinny cow fudge bar (110)
    8-10 glasses of water to round out my day
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    In-N-Out Double Double with onions for lunch. :#

Some days call for a double with onions. ;)

Ain't that the truth!

...And some days are more like bbq pork fried green tomato days. ;) I feel one of those coming on...

This reminds me that it's about time to make another batch of ACV pulled pork...

Damn.

Wife just made a pulled pork and I think she didn't use ACV. It's dinner tonight.

What is ACV?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    ogtmama wrote: »

Ain't that the truth!

...And some days are more like bbq pork fried green tomato days. ;) I feel one of those coming on...

This reminds me that it's about time to make another batch of ACV pulled pork...

Damn.

What is ACV?

Don't ask. It might get you in trouble......

:)
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    ejbronte wrote: »
    Breakfast: coffee with milk, one of my bread things, peanut butter and banana
    Lunch - Home-prepped tuna salad with celery, red pepper, onion and thousand island dressing. Small popover with apple butter. Green tea.
    Dinner (ate out before class): baked brie in puff pastry (I liked it!) with an endive salad. Pumpkin fritters and red wine.

Pumpkin fritters- ok... YUM! :p

Yes, I never realized I liked them till I tried them at Philip Marie, in Greenwich Village. Now I have them as dessert every time I'm there.

I found a recipe from the Neely's for maple glazed pumpkin doughnuts that was out of this world! But the recipe is huge for 2 people, so I usually only make them for a special request or special occasion now. But man they are good!!

Thanks! I'm going to hunt that down so I can play this weekend.
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    Breakfast: coffee with milk, one of my bread things, peanut butter and banana
    Lunch - Home-prepped tuna salad with celery, red pepper, onion and thousand island dressing. Small popover with apple butter. Green tea.
    Dinner (ate out before class): baked brie in puff pastry (I liked it!) with an endive salad. Pumpkin fritters and red wine.

Pumpkin fritters- ok... YUM! :p

Yes, I never realized I liked them till I tried them at Philip Marie, in Greenwich Village. Now I have them as dessert every time I'm there.

I found a recipe from the Neely's for maple glazed pumpkin doughnuts that was out of this world! But the recipe is huge for 2 people, so I usually only make them for a special request or special occasion now. But man they are good!!

Thanks! I'm going to hunt that down so I can play this weekend.

I think it was on the food network website.

I made a few adjustment to suit our taste, like doubling the spices & dipping doughnuts twice in glaze. (oink)
    :)
  • TheSkyBlushed
    ogtmama wrote: »

Ain't that the truth!

Damn.

What is ACV?

Apple Cider Vinegar = ACV (the one that is unfiltered with the mother in it, such as Bragg's) :)
  • TheSkyBlushed
    [/quote]

What is ACV?[/quote]

Don't ask. It might get you in trouble......

:)[/quote]

LOL o:)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

Damn.

A missed opportunity, to be sure. :/

Just a side note on this, real impressed with how easy it is to import a recipe into MFP from a URL. I've done it twice now and is so much easier than typing it in.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Started out with a green smoothie today. What I eat later is anyone's guess, really... ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2017
    So far breakfast and lunch...dinner will be later tonight...I have a snack slated for later this afternoon as well...possibly a cocktail when I get home.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Breakfast - large mug of unsweetened tea
    lunch - bowl of vegetable soup with an egg on top
    dinner - pan seared salmon, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, rice and wine

No idea how many calories but probably under my TDEE
  • TheSkyBlushed
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    So far breakfast and lunch...dinner will be later tonight...I have a snack slated for later this afternoon as well...possibly a cocktail when I get home.

Or two... ;)B)o:)
  • TheSkyBlushed
    Started out with a green smoothie today. What I eat later is anyone's guess, really... ;)

What a GREAT way to start the day! I <3 green smoothies!
  • TheSkyBlushed
    GYATagain wrote: »
    Breakfast was 1/2 cup Fage 0%; 1 tsp peanut butter; 1/2 cup fresh blueberries; 1 hardboiled egg white; 1 clementine; oh, and coffee/creamer (3 Tbs) (223)
    snack: 1 serving Veggie Straws (130)
    Lunch: 2 corn tortillas, 1 oz Tillamook sharp cheddar; 1/2 C Spicy Enchilada shredded chicken; 1/2 c red seedless grapes (356)
    afternoon snack: 2 peanut butter/oatmeal protein balls (97)
    Supper will be: 2 cups chicken no-noodle homemade soup; 1/2 avocado squished with lime; with 1/2 serving Tostitos, small bite (308)
    night time snack: 1 skinny cow fudge bar (110)
    8-10 glasses of water to round out my day

Aww, Tillamook. You just brought back an awesome vacation memory. :)
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Belvita cookies
    some peanuts
    cup of coffee
    meatloaf & mashed potatoes
    an apple
    and some chicken & pasta for dinner :)
  • TheSkyBlushed

Sounds good. Question: Do you use a boiled egg on top of the soup or break a raw one over the hot soup?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member

Sounds good. Question: Do you use a boiled egg on top of the soup or break a raw one over the hot soup?

Usually, once the soup is done I turn it down to barely a simmer and cook the egg on top. If I'm really hungry I'll fry the egg while the soup cools to put on top, but I've never tried a boiled egg.
  • TheSkyBlushed

Usually, once the soup is done I turn it down to barely a simmer and cook the egg on top. If I'm really hungry I'll fry the egg while the soup cools to put on top, but I've never tried a boiled egg.

Aha. I wasn't sure if it was like a pho or similar where sometimes they put all of the fixin's like boiled egg on top or more like egg drop soup where the broth cooks it. LOL I'd love to see a photo if you remember next time you make that. I'm always up to try something new. ( :smiley:
  • Candy0928
    Candy0928 Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2017
    My daily calorie goal is 1200.

Breakfast: 1/2 natural pb & strawberry preserve on 15 grain bread, water, and coffee.

Lunch: Pepper turkey breast on a wheat skinny, w/ olive oil mayo, spicy mustard, lettuce and onion, a mandarin and organic choc milk.

Snack: Organic fuji apple.

Dinner (planned): Grilled chicken and vegetables over wheat penne.