Women over 40, wanting to lose 20 lbs, support/motivation/success?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Did I ever sign on here?
    I think I'm still in denial that I'm over 40 (even though I'm 44 <-- how is that possible? I feel like I'm 30!).

Appreciate all types of support.

Main focus = reduce body fat
    Amanda
    4'11" (so wicked short)
    SW 128.5
    CW 116.4 (1/4/17)
    GW1 113.3 (lowest weight ever)
    GW2 109.9 (just want to get pas 110)

I'm mainly low carb (hardly any sugary/starchy carbs), high protein, lots of water. (base on the Dukan diet)
    Carbs for me is an addiction.
    Once I start, I have trouble stopping.
    Carbs also make me wicked bloated.

I'm sick of working out so hard to not see any results.
    So I'm planning out my day (even week) to match my macros and try to stick to that.

Thanks for letting me join in this journey!
    Amanda
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good job utahmom. It's moments like that and holidays etc few and far between moments that I will keep dieting for! As long as you are good the majority of the time you can afford a little wiggle room.
    Ps I must ask.... you have 10 kids? I thought my 5 were a lot wowzers!
  • utahmomof10
    utahmomof10 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    tarothelp wrote: »
    Good job utahmom. It's moments like that and holidays etc few and far between moments that I will keep dieting for! As long as you are good the majority of the time you can afford a little wiggle room.
    Ps I must ask.... you have 10 kids? I thought my 5 were a lot wowzers!

Thank you! And yep, 10 kids. All from my body, one at a time. My oldest is 22 and my youngest is 3. The three older kids (they are mine from a previous marriage and were actually raised by their dad and stepmom) are all grown up (22, almost 21, and will be 20 in June), two are married and one has a baby daughter. So I just have 7 at home ages 3 to 17. We homeschool the 7 at home so we have a pretty wild and crazy, but wonderful lifestyle. :smiley:
  • fitdiva1day
    fitdiva1day Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late getting here but I'm also looking to meet others for encouragement.
    44 yrs old
    5'4"
    177 pounds

My goal is to get down to 135. I started my journey of low cal/low fat last Sunday so I'm only a week in. My weigh in day is Monday. Any of you ladies feel free to add me.