Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    I usually eat a lot of healthy stuff with some junk mixed in. Today not so much:

Costco samples
    Donut that wasn't delicious
    Chicken wings

I have less than 500 calories left and plan to use them wisely. :)

That has got to be the worst! I hate it when that happens. You spend your calories on something and you end up going bleh.

Is there a refund policy somewhere? :tongue:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited January 2017
    Just FYI for anyone looking for Halo Top...If you have Amazon Fresh delivery in your area and ever try it out that us actually where I got mine. :) Also, pizza is balanced in my opinion and I would totally live on pizza and veggie burgers. So actually I am saying it is okay...because it is no one's problem or business. I am here to lose weight, not to become a role model for the diet industry lol. The whole point was not judging at all. I do eat vegetables, fresh and in processed food. I'm a vegetarian so...yeah but if you live on oreos to lose weight I still will not judge you! Is it healthy? Nope. Does it affect me in any way? Also nope! There is an end goal here that I think everyone has and it isn't necessarily to be healthy, but to be happy. If being thinner and having less blood pressure problems or whatever else is enough and you don't care about the rest...so be it. Life is too darn short to do what is best if it makes you miserable. If you can eat at least semihealthy and be happy GREAT and if you can't that is 100% your decision. Who is anyone to judge when it is your short life to live and enjoy?
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    edited January 2017
    I caved in and bought a jar of crunchy peanut butter, going well so far - it's been in the house 4 hours and I haven't attacked it yet! Go me!

Tomorrow's menu will involve a large quantity being consumed though!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    OP - I am with you ..I love me some oreos and ice cream, and pizza and all that good stuff. I just make sure that I fit it into my day, hit my calorie target, and hit my micro and macros...
  • gulfcoastnik
    gulfcoastnik Posts: 19 Member
    I definitely like the foods that are not good for me. I have not had my favorite potato chips at all this year, I have had a serving of chips and salsa twice. But real potato chips, the wavy lays no. Munchos are my absolute weakness especially if I am hungry and have the craving! I don't keep them in the house, or buy them that often. Also peanut butter. That is what I eat if I have a sweet tooth, a table spoon or 2 of peanut butter. I am not a fast food eater, or a sweet eater, not a fan of baked goods. One of my all time favorite crappy foods is a sandwich with Hellman's mayonnaise, American cheese, and turkey with potato chips in the middle on wheat bread. I also like to have fun on the weekend and drink wine and cocktails. ::Shrug::: I am back on target though.
  • Verity1111
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    rdmitch wrote: »
    No doubt you can have treats and still stay within the limits but I would think that in order to get proper nutrition you can't survive on candy and cookies or pizza and burgers. Not every day and hoping you walked the mall enough to offset the damage.
    It doesn't train you to eat proper portions and get some nutritional balance each day.
    Hey, I eat my share of non traditional diet food every day but don't go overboard. I admit, I save up calories for my
    bedtime treat and sometimes eat less of what IS good for me in order to have that treat. But I wouldn't do it every day,
    all meals and I think promoting this type of eating as ok to do..."as long as the calories fit" is not good advice to someone
    jumping on this forum and taking it literall.

and here we have the strawman argument that anyone who eats cookis, pizza, etc, is living off a diet of 100% "junk" food, which is absolutely ridiculous...

Agreed. It could be homemade or have all natural ingredients etc. A broccoli pizza with a cauliflower crust is not unhealthy for example. Or the best cookies I ever had apple oatmeal cookies. Oatmeal and apples are both pretty good as far as nutrition.
  • Verity1111
    I was starting to think I was a loner out here just watching my calories whilst eating my Chinese food.

Nope. And yum. lol. I overdo it on soy sauce though and it can cause water retention because it is very salty so I try to only have chinese food once in a while. I actually bought a full bottle of soy sauce with my last chinese food order Lol.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    Just made a noodle stirfry with spicy peanut sauce. Wish me luck... when I was putting the ingredients into the recipe tracker, it was coming in at over 800 calories per portion before I finished, and while I want to indulge, that seemed like too big an indulgence... So I switched out the regular noodles for shiratakis and I'm hoping it'll still be good. (It has 1/2 cup peanut butter for 4 portions. It's gotta be, right?)
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I was nervous about having my diary open to friends at the start, but no one has ever commented negatively on anything I eat. I'm confident enough now that if someone tried to tell me I was eating "the wrong things", I'd happily tell them it was none of their business! :)

I never had an open diary when I first started. Then I opened to my friends and one day I happened to mention something about not losing weight one week and someone told me that I was maybe eating too many carbs. I happily told her that I was not asking for advice. I was just venting.
    Then another pal stated that I know what i am doing and to not worry about it. Considering the amount of weight that I have lost. I happened to agree with the second comment. Now I just leave my diary open. Judge me or don't judge me. I really don't give too hoots. I enjoy sweets and I eat them regularly.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Steak and Shake for dinner! Double 'n Cheese with Onion Rings please! (Is anyone else shocked by steak and shake's calorie counts? I always imagined them to be WAY higher than they are.........)
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Because it's nice when I can eat junk sometimes and no one will judge me. :P lol

This isn't about anyone other than yourself. Go ahead and eat those Oreo's but stay under your caloric goal for the day. However, if you understand that those 3 or 4 cookies cost you a nice piece of beef or chicken, you might reconsider.

If I want a cookie, I will eat a cookie. I love oreo thins. I can have 4 for 140 calories and I still can eat a nice piece of beef or chicken if I want to.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Steak and Shake for dinner! Double 'n Cheese with Onion Rings please! (Is anyone else shocked by steak and shake's calorie counts? I always imagined them to be WAY higher than they are.........)

I'm plotting Subway for the night. Gonna hit up that Steak and Shake menu before I make my final decision. It's unlikely I can make it fit, but BOY do you have me curious!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Emily3907 wrote: »

I'm plotting Subway for the night. Gonna hit up that Steak and Shake menu before I make my final decision. It's unlikely I can make it fit, but BOY do you have me curious!

Ok. I *could* do it, but I'd rather have a buffer for a burger with cheese AND fries, so I'll save that for another Friday. Besides, I'm super jazzed about the Italian BMT I have planned for tonight.