Fitness and chill?! Need motivational friends =)

Options
Trying to lose 50lbs. But first I need to know where to start... I have started on my own journey but need knowledge of new things ( recipes, workouts, how much I need of what....) hope to get positive feedback =) Have a blessed day!

Replies

• jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • ducklady27
    ducklady27 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me too :smile: I've already lost 25 with 60 left. We can do this!
  • yeahmolly
    yeahmolly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me! Hi! I've bounced around and have started/restarted/unstarted so many times, I'd like to make this stick.
  • dwebbqt25
    dwebbqt25 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dwebbqt25
    Options
    I would add all of you if I could figure out how to work this app...lol
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I thought "Blue Apron and chill" was the next "Netflix and chill," but "Fitness and chill" works just as well! ;)
  • dwebbqt25
    Options
    I figured it out =)
  • dwebbqt25
    Options
    Yes CafeRacer808.... Fitness and Chill but I hope I am doing it right. That's why I need yall to help me...lol! Motivation always helps and it's inspirational when you see progress from others as well =)
  • dwebbqt25
    Options
    I do want to try Blue Apron though, have you?
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    dwebbqt25 wrote: »
    I do want to try Blue Apron though, have you?

I've been using BA for about a year now (typically 2-3 times/month) and absolutely love it. Not all of the recipes are outstanding, but they're all good, IMO. DM me and I'll have them send you a free box if you'd like to try them out. :)
  • EricaSlaughter
    EricaSlaughter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Feel free to add me. :)
  • dwebbqt25
    Options
    Done...
  • dwebbqt25
    Options
    Are any of you from NC?
  • dwebbqt25
    Options
    Anyone know what the best scale is?
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    Anyone know what the best scale is?

I'm from Los Angeles. Regarding scales, are you looking for a food scale or body scale? Also, what price range are you looking at?

• MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Are any of you from NC?

I am! I'm in Goldsboro... Feel free to add me. :-)
  • dwebbqt25
    Options
    Added you =) and Caferacer, both. I'm not really on a budget person but if a cheaper one works just as well I'd go with them.
  • tlcrawford916
    tlcrawford916 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I need support friends also. Just starting back on my weight loss journey.
  • CafeRacer808
    edited January 2017
    Options
    For food, I use the Oxo 11-lb scale. It's built like a tank, is accurate, and it has a pull out display. I honestly didn't think I'd ever use the pull out display but once I started logging, I discovered it's invaluable. If you're weighing a large bowl or plate, the display can often be hard to read. The pull out display solves this issue. I've had this scale for 6-7 years and have never had any problems with it (knock wood).

For body, I recently got a Withings Body Composition scale, which I love. It syncs easily and the readings it gives me seem consistent. The display is also big and easy to read (the opposite of what I've heard/read about the Fitbit Aria). One caveat: all smart scales use bioelectric impedance to measure body fat%, which is a very inaccurate way of measuring BF. I've turned this feature off on mine.
  • Honeybunny3
    Honeybunny3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, great motivation