Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    jnichel wrote: »
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    They are GOOD! They add crunch to my staple meal of: Chicken, broccoli, rice, soy sauce. Thnx for reminder to buy some cans of sliced water chestnuts.

Chicken isn't supposed to be crunchy. Thats why they use the word "tender" to describe it.

What about fried chicken? Didn't think about that, did ya? :)

The chicken itself is tender and juicy. That is what i was referring to. A water chestnut is not like fried chicken.

Maybe you just haven't had the right water chestnut.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    jn585dm57esi.jpg

YESSSSS!

I am a man of ACTION...not just words!

Sound The clarion to SAVE the water chestnuts!

• SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I say ewwww. No taste. Texture freaks me out.
  • amberleigh000
    amberleigh000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love them in stir fry.
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    Options

If you like soap flavours, all the power to ya!

I found out in a culinary class that there are a portion of people who are genetically predisposed to thinking cilantro tastes like soap. There are also some people who don't like the taste of coriander for the same "soapy" reason. The genetic link ties into their senses of smell and bitterness. You are not "broken", in any way, nor is it just in your head. For some reason, this particular plant is a real turn-off for some!

Back on topic, I like water chestnuts too!
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Gross. And I am allergic! So bonus. I dont have to suffer with that vile vegetable! But that doesnt mean other people are wrong for liking them. My kids are nuts for their veggies.. even the gross water ones.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It's like that old saying goes, "The best nut is the water chestnut."
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Some people like water chestnuts and some people don't. Are those people wrong that have a different opinion than you? I say yes in this case. I am for water chestnuts and will discuss how they are appropriate and why. Do you agree or disagree that water chestnuts are good? Why?

Water chestnuts are okay in a stir fry. I would not eat one all by itself as I think they are bland and weird alone.
    I believe we should all be free to eat or not eat water chestnuts as we individually choose though. If you do not like water chestnuts don't eat them but don't impose your views on others.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I've decided I like them. I didn't realize mean lady karate guy was messaging everyone! I thought I was special! :'( But seriously, I think he's messaged me twice about that and I have no idea what his end game was.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    I've decided I like them. I didn't realize mean lady karate guy was messaging everyone! I thought I was special! :'( But seriously, I think he's messaged me twice about that and I have no idea what his end game was.

What? Who?

Some guy mentioned earlier in the thread. Messages you about an older lady who punched him in the balls and he doubled over in pain. Apparently it's some class where 'anything goes' fighting. She tells him she didn't hit him hard and to 'man up'. He's humiliated and asks your opinion. He basically keeps asking the same question over and over until you stop feeling sorry for him. It was weird.