Non-food related rewards

Options
124»

Replies

• Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Funny, I struggle in the winter to lose weight and fight to put weight on my horses. LOL
  • esneer1
    esneer1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love this thread and great ideas. I went and got a nice new haircut and highlights last week to celebrate/reward myself for my first 10lb loss. I have a list of other great ideas for rewards and stealing some of these ideas - it is a great motivator. I think once I reach my goal, I'll change it to a reward for every 30 days logging to help me maintain!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I am getting my hair cut and color done this Saturday to celebrate no soda in 2017 for a month. It has been hard, so much temptation. When (not if) I make it through February, I am treating myself to a mani/pedi.
  • l_lake
    l_lake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just came up with some of these for myself yesterday! After the first 20 pounds I bought myself some new clothes. When I lose another 10, it'll be a new (ahem) personal toy I've been hesitating on buying because it's a bit pricey. And if the next 10 pounds lost times up the way I think it will, I'll be registering for the 5K FoamGlo run that's happening a month or so later.

I like all these new ideas from you guys though. Hair cuts and tattoos... :smiley:
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I seem to need a new wardrobe every 20-30 pounds and new running shoes every few months. That's about all the reward I can afford for small goals. I do have a mental list of things I would like to reward myself with. I want to try skiing before the season is over. I'd like to buy a mountain bike and a kayak, but think I need to get closer to my goal weight to avoid repurchasing later, so long term rewards. I'm buying myself expensive clothes that will last once I reach goal. No more Walmart throwaways. I want a Fenix 5, but may settle for a used 3, since I'm becoming sporty enough to justify the extra features and price tag. I think it may be a good reward for reaching onederland in 30 pounds. I also wouldn't mind a spa day at the Peppermill or a weekend trip to San Francisco. I think I need to set this list to numbers and start a budget for these rewards.
  • TMW2119
    TMW2119 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 lb away from hitting 20 lb lost. I'm going to schedule a massage the second I hit that number.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I want to lose a pound a week. So I wrote what my goal is for each week on my desk calendar.
    If I meet the goal I put a smiley face and pat myself on the back.
    If I dont meet the goal (weigh more than should) I punish myself by having to clean or detail my husbands car, the horse trailer, the fridge and cabinets, the bathroom and cabinets, or some other productive task that uses up one of my weekend days I could spend having fun or relaxing.
    If I exceed my goal, for each pound I am ahead of schedule I get to do something nice for myself. This week I am 2 pounds ahead of schedule. I am going Saturday to get a haircut and colored. And on Friday I am taking a day off work.
    This keeps me motivated throughout the month and the weight goals.
    I am really confident I will hit my 10 pound mark (210) this week, allowing me to schedule my tattoo!
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    my 20lb reward is one of the tattoes I want
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    New fitness goals, new powerlifting/gym gear, mani/pedi, fitness conventions or lectures, power lifting competitions.

Oh I got a tattoo 2 weeks ago after hitting a big squat and deadlift PR.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Lost two pounds last week, down 10! Going to get the quote and schedule my tattoo. Woot woot!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    As a reward to losing a pound over my goal this week, I am going to buy myself a new straightener for my hair.
  • brdoyle8
    brdoyle8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am one pound away from a big goal of mine - 20 pounds down (many more to go)

I plan to treat myself to some nice, new fitness clothing that makes me feel sexy, powerful, and continues to encourage me to work up to my goal of running 5k's competitively again. Cheers, all! These answers are great.
  • charis2979
    charis2979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    I am getting my hair cut and color done this Saturday to celebrate no soda in 2017 for a month. It has been hard, so much temptation. When (not if) I make it through February, I am treating myself to a mani/pedi.

Don't worry, once you quit soda it stops tasting good. I can now have "some" and not fall back into the soda everyday all day routine.
  • charis2979
    charis2979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't really celebrated yet. I really like the gift card idea.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My first 20 was a new mountain bike. 30 will be hair and cute dress. 40 will be new summer wardrobe!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    brdoyle8 wrote: »
    I am one pound away from a big goal of mine - 20 pounds down (many more to go)

I plan to treat myself to some nice, new fitness clothing that makes me feel sexy, powerful, and continues to encourage me to work up to my goal of running 5k's competitively again. Cheers, all! These answers are great.

I really look forward to buying work out clothes when I get down 20 pounds. I see the fit girls at the gym in theirs and it keeps me motivated. Cant wait to be a snappy dressed fit woman at the gym, rather than the fat lumpy baggy dressed one.
  • CSmithSexy
    CSmithSexy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These are all wonderful ideas! How is your journey going?
    My personal non-food rewards:

My favorite lotion from The Body Shop
    Blue Suede pumps that I've been eyeballing
    Fresh Flowers
    Pedicure
    Haircut
    Day off work
    Clean out my closet (!!!)
    Pink gingham dress
    Photo shoot
    New hat
    Donating old clothes
    Trip to Rome (the final goal)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    new workout clothes.
    a weekend getaway with hiking
    trying a new workout

my current goal is to get in better fitness and lower fat percentage. I have an amazing photoshoot oppurtunity