New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    These are delightful.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.png
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2017
    Red Velvet: Halo Top or Enlightened?
    I choose Enlightened hands down! I can see why people might favor Halo Top, however.
    Enlightened's version has less calories, I find it creamer, and sweeter. The base has a stronger cocoa flavor and it wins with me because it has cream cheese swirls, an essential element of Red Velvet as far as I'm concerned. However, Enlightened's Red Velvet does have that stereotypical artificial food dye flavoring to its base, which I secretly enjoy but I'm sure leads most people to avoid this flavor. Also, while it had cream cheese swirls it wasn't as much as I had been hoping for. It was mostly in the middle and I really found myself digging for them more than anything. Still, better than the single glob of caramel in the Halo Top's caramel pint so as for swirls I guess I can't complain! I wanted to chew something though, I wanted cake or more chocolate somehow so I'll hand it to Halo Top for their brownie pieces. Still, the cream cheese swirls kept winning me over as they were gritty and pleasantly tart.
    So there you have it, they both have their positive and negative qualities. Enlightened is lower calorie and definitely tastes more like "Red Velvet," however, so I'll definitely be buying this one over Halo Top. If you love Red Velvet you should try it, if you hate Red Velvet it won't win you over.
    a8i9pyg5jzft.jpg
    ujpcnqelzfxy.jpg
    p9kfcz3qe0jw.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    Got the caramel cashew and fudge walnut ones
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    josette06 wrote: »

The Yuengling Ice Cream is delicious! It's so expensive though which is disappointing. I think the beer is cheaper. :disappointed:
    Yeesh. Guess that's the one good thing about not being where it's sold

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    My Giant started carrying Enlightened! I no longer will have ice cream envy from you guys. I bought the peanut butter one because my t-rex arms couldn't reach the salted caramel. :smiley:

LOL. I also have this problem but will just climb onto the freezer ledge for whatever I need at the back because I have no shame.

I totally do that all the time I'm glad I'm not the only one!! XD

Also was very impressed with this! Has anyone tried the other flavors? Usually I hate soft bars but I couldn't get enough of it! Caramel flavor was very subtle to me but still, very satisfying even though I normally don't like pea protein, reminds me of a softer Orgain protein bar!
    s1rrgaucfde2.jpg

I love these! We have them 20% off at work, and I get to stack my 25% employee discount on top of that, so I've been stocking up. The chocolate peanut butter is my favorite, though. I just really like that chocolate-y coating on the bottom. I think the Fit bars are much better than the Sport protein bars. The Sport bars have a good taste, but the texture is way too dense and protein bar-y.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    My Giant started carrying Enlightened! I no longer will have ice cream envy from you guys. I bought the peanut butter one because my t-rex arms couldn't reach the salted caramel. :smiley:

LOL. I also have this problem but will just climb onto the freezer ledge for whatever I need at the back because I have no shame.

Also was very impressed with this! Has anyone tried the other flavors? Usually I hate soft bars but I couldn't get enough of it! Caramel flavor was very subtle to me but still, very satisfying even though I normally don't like pea protein, reminds me of a softer Orgain protein bar!
    s1rrgaucfde2.jpg

I love these! We have them 20% off at work, and I get to stack my 25% employee discount on top of that, so I've been stocking up. The chocolate peanut butter is my favorite, though. I just really like that chocolate-y coating on the bottom. I think the Fit bars are much better than the Sport protein bars. The Sport bars have a good taste, but the texture is way too dense and protein bar-y.

i need to try these havent seen them yet
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Luna caramel cashew bar: WOW Really REALLY good. Had a nice caramel drizzle on top. Had a very prominent roasted and salted cashew flavor. At first the salt was like WOW salty, but as I ate it it grew on me and complemented the cashew flavor soooo nicely. Would buy these again. I LOVE salted cashews. I like bars with the drizzle on top too.
  • hgycta
    Luna caramel cashew bar: WOW Really REALLY good. Had a nice caramel drizzle on top. Had a very prominent roasted and salted cashew flavor. At first the salt was like WOW salty, but as I ate it it grew on me and complemented the cashew flavor soooo nicely. Would buy these again. I LOVE salted cashews. I like bars with the drizzle on top too.

Next time post a picture I want to see! I'll have to keep an eye out I'm a bit of a salt addict unfortunately x3

s1rrgaucfde2.jpg

Thanks for letting me know, I'll definitely be sure to try out the chocolate peanut butter then!!! I just wish they didn't have caffeine I'm super sensitive and only try to have it once every other day so now I had to give up my beloved coffee for it haha
  • Noreenmarie1234

Next time post a picture I want to see! I'll have to keep an eye out I'm a bit of a salt addict unfortunately x3

s1rrgaucfde2.jpg

Thanks for letting me know, I'll definitely be sure to try out the chocolate peanut butter then!!! I just wish they didn't have caffeine I'm super sensitive and only try to have it once every other day so now I had to give up my beloved coffee for it haha

Going to have one tonight so I'll take a picture of the inside :smile: Was going to take one yesterday but was too lazy to get out of bed and turn on the light LOL
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Okay! I just noticed Pillsbury offering a sample for Fiber One Layered Chewy Bars.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Okay! I just noticed Pillsbury offering a sample for Fiber One Layered Chewy Bars.

Figures. I only get their lame recipe emails.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    I bought some Red Velvet Halo Top lat night - it's a win for me! Now there are 3 flavors of it that I can definitely recommend. Peanut Butter Chocolate is still number one though, but man it is impossible to find now.
  • hgycta

I noticed this and requested a sample, I usually have no problems with getting the samples delivered from Pillsbury (just last week I got a coupon for biscuits from them) but I'm really hoping they send a flavor other than the salted caramel one I tried since it was very disappointing!
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Francl27 wrote: »

Figures. I only get their lame recipe emails.
    It was sent in a recipe email on the 21st, 6 Ways to Make Dinner Less Messy
  • di_lora
    di_lora Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    I found these amazing ice pops that are made of real fruit and natural ingredientes, they make a great dessert or snack, my favorite is the mango bar with only 50cal!! It's delish, they are called So Fruitty, I found them at Lucky's Market
  • Noreenmarie1234
    OMG I need to go to this pop tart restaurant :phttps://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedNews/videos/1419622078058806/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

Looking forward most to the idea they stole from me the Firework Oreos :/:D

I bet that flavor will end up tasting like crap.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Coke zero cherry has finally come to Canada!!!!

Haha as I am drinking one! I can only find them at gas stations in town in 500ml bottles. Have you seen cases anywhere @singingflutelady ?