Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Gonna be a tough day. Sashimi for lunch and beer and pizza for dinner. Might even exceed my calories for the day (I hurt my foot and can't walk or run right now, so limited extra calories).

But you guys are unfair listing off all the stuf only sold in the US> I REALLY want to try that ice cream.

Only thing mentioned I can't stand are the GS cookies. Bleh.

It is hard to believe that anyone dislikes girlscout cookies lol
  • Verity1111
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

Me too! I really hate stevia.

Oh no, we can't be friends anymore. I love my truvia :D

I love my real sugar Lol...Nah actually I am picky about that too. I am more a savory food lover. I am picky about sweets.
  • Verity1111
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just made a noodle stirfry with spicy peanut sauce. Wish me luck... when I was putting the ingredients into the recipe tracker, it was coming in at over 800 calories per portion before I finished, and while I want to indulge, that seemed like too big an indulgence... So I switched out the regular noodles for shiratakis and I'm hoping it'll still be good. (It has 1/2 cup peanut butter for 4 portions. It's gotta be, right?)

I actually am considering trying those low or 0 calorie noodles soon! I already have them in my cart on Amazon Fresh.

The stirfry came out great! One thing I did read was that if you are using them to sub for Asian noodles, they work well, but that their texture is "off" for Italian pasta. I've never tried subbing them for spaghetti, so I can't be sure of that, but as a replacement for rice sticks, they're fine.

soooo glad to hear it! i've tried the shiritaki in mac and cheese and it wasn't what i was looking for, but they were on sale so i've got two more bags! can i ask for your recipe?

i won't be needing it for a while though since i made a GINORMOUS veggie lasagna last night. it was 500 calories per serving when it went into the oven at 10 servings, but it came out of the oven and i was so hungry that now it's 600 calories for each of 8 servings. 8 giant servings. this thing is loaded! i did sub tofu for half of the ricotta (because protein) and filled it with mushrooms, eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, mixed spinach into the ricotta mix, added some veggie meatballs, tofurkey italian sausage and of course CHEESE. it barely fit in the pan. also had chopped salad for breakfast because *kitten* imposing meal rules. lol.

having tomato soup and a tuna melt for dinner after weights at the gym and i would have been 100 cals under for the day (pre-exercise) except i ate a subway cookie. spoiler: subway cookies are the debil.

...The tuna melt and soup and the lasagna sound good. I don't eat tuna. Lol. I'm a vegetarian. I do have some fake tuna. xD I keep forgetting I have it. I hope it hasn't expired... I can make tuna helper. :blush: I love that stuff.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    spoiler: subway cookies are the debil.

I'm not generally a fan of white chocolate, but I love their white chocolate macadamia cookies! I haven't had one since I started counting calories... whenever we go in there to grab lunch I have to avert my eyes from the cookie cabinet!

I love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I'm not big on sweets in general.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

I'm not generally a fan of white chocolate, but I love their white chocolate macadamia cookies! I haven't had one since I started counting calories... whenever we go in there to grab lunch I have to avert my eyes from the cookie cabinet!

Oh.... my!

I love those cookies as well! *Homer Simpson drool*

I want fondue!!!
  • Verity1111
    Options

Oh.... my!

I love those cookies as well! *Homer Simpson drool*

I want fondue!!!

I've never had fondue, but I have wanted to try it for a long time.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Sure! I used 4 bags of Shirataki noodles (792 g total, but I didn't throw them on a scale once I drained them, so I'm not positive whether that includes the water they were packed in or just the net noodle weight).

Recipe also calls for:

2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
    2 tbsp canola or grapeseed oil
    2 green onions, minced
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tsp grated fresh ginger
    2 tsp sugar
    1/2 c creamy peanut butter
    3 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp rice vinegar
    1/2 tsp Asian chili paste
    1/3 c hot water
    1 small red onion in 1/4" slices
    1 small red bell peper in 1/4" slices
    2 tbsp minced cilantro
    2 tbsp chopped unsalted roasted peanuts.

Prepare the shirataki as directed on the package (drain in colander, boil 1-2 minutes, drain and put in dry skillet on medium until dried.) Toss with sesame oil.

In large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of canola oil over medium. Add green onions, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring 1 minute. Add sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, and water. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Add additional hot water if you want a thinner consistency.

Heat remaining tbsp canola oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes. Add noodles and sauce and toss to coat. Serve garnished with cilantro and peanuts.

4 servings

that sounds awesome! thank you for sharing! i just took a screenshot of it to save.

You're most welcome! Hope you like :)

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    So I know you guys are eating something good for the Super Bowl this Sunday. What's on tap?

I'm thinking all the wings in the world and either nachos or chips and some type of layered dip. Brownies maybe for dessert.

Part of me keeps wanting veggies and I keep having to tell that voice to shut up.

In all seriousness, there may be some veggies...probably...most likely....we'll see.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    canadian mcdonalds nutrition

shellfish allergies
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

And they do the PERFECT oatmeal raisin! <3
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    jvcjim wrote: »
    excepting bottom feeders,

I love prawns.

BTW, anyone know the calorie count of a bacon big mac in Canada? I'm dying to try one but can't seem to find the calorie count.

ETA: Okay, I found it.
    590 vs 520 for a regular Big Mac.

Maybe when I get back to running.

http://www1.mcdonalds.ca/NutritionCalculator/NutritionFactsEN.pdf

590 cals... Not too bad. Jelly that isn't here in the States.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

And they do the PERFECT oatmeal raisin! <3

Nah, sorry - I can't stand raisins! My hubby tries to get me to eat them by reminding me they're just shrivelled grapes, but I really don't like the taste OR the texture!

@Chef_Barbell So are we all coming over to your place at the weekend? B) That list sounds delicious! (Also, I want the recipe for the bacon cheeseburger meatballs, please!)

More for me! ;)