Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy - Skating sounds super fun! Although I am sure I would end up on my *kitten* more than on my feet

Well...Doing good with my steps still this week, but I woke up today feeling like *kitten*. I just want to go home and crawl into bed, but alas...I must do grown up things. So I will work, and when I am done, I will go to my second job :) YAY.

I wish you all a wonderful day...got smash those goals!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 The waiting game is the worst! I hope they get back to you soon. Did they give a timeline?

@jdelaroy I'm so jealous you have a local place to adult skate, I hope you have a great time!

@laceyslabaugh Welcome! Glad to have you at MFP!

@pudgy1977 Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope tomorrow is better!

Got my personal training done this morning and now I'm trying to recover in enough time to make it to derby tonight! I don't know if I'll make it the entire time (I'm clearly overtraining but I seriously have no idea where to cut back) but I'm going to go for as long as I can knowing I have the weekend to recover.

I can't wait for Friday night. I've got absolutely nothing planned so I can chill at home, watch trashy TV, and drink wine :)

I haven't been weighing myself, but I feel like I'm back to my pre-holiday weight. I think I'll weigh myself after the 6 week PT session just to check in. I haven't been in a good headspace for the scale lately and I'm afraid seeing a higher number will make me feel discouraged when I'm doing so well in my habits. I just have to remind myself to keep trucking along and the weight will follow.

Happy Thursday!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @laceyslabaugh Great job so far and welcome to MFP.

@pudgy1977 I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you are better today.

@rachel0778 You are doing fantastic, and I can see why you feel a little overwhelmed with all your activities. It is a lot on top of crazy work schedule, and doggy day care problems. I hope you enjoy your relaxing day. I am loving having the skating rink so close. It is less than 10 minute away.

Yesterday was a great day for me! I did so much exercise. It seems like every muscle below my waist, and my arms are sore. Such a great feeling. I did 25 minutes running, over an hour walking, and over 2 hours skating. Plus I didn't fall once. I also managed to stay under calories! I love a day when you get all your goals done.

There is a chocolate festival in town tomorrow. I want to go check it out. Plus I think I am giving in and doing some clothes shopping this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Rachel - well done, you are seriously hitting it hard on the exercise. Enjoy your evening with nothing planned - I love those times!

@pudgy1977 - sorry, you are feeling rough - hope today has been better for you.

@laceyslabaugh - welcome! I hear you about the energy of your 2 1/2 year old. My little boy turned 2 in December and has seemingly unlimited supplies of energy for everything!

Jen - glad you are feeling better. Good for you for keeping going and remembering your word for the year.
    Enjoy the skating :)

@gemwolf110 - hope they don't keep you waiting too long on the job, sounds like you did great though so fingers crossed for a good outcome!

So glad it is Friday - still lots on at work but I've managed to clear a bit this morning from home. I'm in the office 4 days next week though so it may be a short lived victory! Busy weekend coming up - play date and swimming tomorrow then afternoon tea with my aunt and uncle on Sunday - we must try and keep sunday morning quiet and just play in the house with Alistair. Hope Friday is good to you all and have great weekends!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Where is everybody? I feel like there's crickets on the board this week!

@jdelaroy I'm so glad yesterday was a great day! I'm jealous that you didn't fall. I think I go crashing down on skates at least 6 times per practice! Let us know how the chocolate festival goes, what does it all entail?

@janetay01 I hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the down time on Sunday morning with your family!

TGIF!!!! Seriously, I am so glad this week is almost over I could cry. My body woke me up before my alarm this morning so I was able to get some stretching and foam rolling in this morning before work which helped a lot! I can't wait to spend the entire weekend on my couch with my book and trashy TV ( I suppose I should probably help clean the house too lol).

I did make it through the full derby practice last night (luckily it was a lighter paced one), so hopefully I've got enough energy for some dog walks this weekend too (weather pending).

• suriti
    suriti Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I would love to join your group! I recently started with myfitnesspal after 3 years.

Unfortunately, I gained 10kgs in between and now weigh 70 kgs. My goal weight is 57 kgs. I also have hormonal issues which makes it even tougher. Hope to succeed in this journey together! :smile:
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy Friday! I haven't had a chance to write this week - work is busy, and my friend's mom is at the hospital where I work. She lives in a care home and had come in to have both ankles broken to re-set them straight. YIKESS! So I've been going to visit her when I've got spare moments. All I can say is (again) Your health is your wealth!!!! What a painful thing to go through.

It's snowing like crazy here :) I'm Canadian, so it kinda makes me happy! Seems like people are grumbling that winter is still in full force here, but it's like People, it's February in CANADA - what do you expect?! haha! I did take the dog for two long walks after work the last two days, and I made it to the gym at 5:30 this morning for some cardio. I just need to get on board with the logging! (I can't figure out why that is so hard for me lately, but I have to conquer it!)

This week I've been busy in the evenings too - hockey game on Wed (super fun, had 3 drinks, but didn't over do the food), last night saw Lala Land with some girlfriends (no popcorn, just a small amount of candy), and Saturday night we are having two families over (have to behave with the food and drinks) and then Superbowl Sunday! Yikes! What a week. Just trying to stay active and above water!

Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a great weekend! :):):)
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @janetay01 Sounds like a fun, but busy weekend. Hope things mellow out a little. I miss your daily check ins. Have you had much luck on the quilt? We need a progress pic.

@Rachel0778 You are always so busy, your weekend sounds great. Yes I have noticed the crickets too, and it makes me a little sad. This is my favorite thread. After I looked up the festival and much thinking I decided not to go. First the kids were going to grandmas, so I would be by myself. It was all about chocolate tasting. Now this sounds like a lot of fun, but not conducive to reaching my goals. I took a pass. I did gym time, lots of reading, and a little roller skating for the weekend. I have a problem though, I keep over balancing when I am on the wheels because I am so top heavy. How the heck, do I fix that?

@suriti Welcome, Feel free to post whenever you would like. We will try to help keep you motivated and cheer you on.

I had a great weekend. Came close to all my goals. Lost 3 pounds. I knew I was hanging on to the pounds for no good reason. I am so close to making it to my next goal. I would like to reach by Valentines day. But if not, I will be okay with reaching it by the end of the month.
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Another zombie thread revived.

ARISE...ARISE!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    So...my weekend did not go as expected. On Saturday, I had to go into work in the morning and then the evening ended up being a party with my derby team. I legitimately ate and drank 3400 calories....yeah...

The next day our friends called us up to meet them for a drink...which turned into an entire day of hanging out and eating garbage food.

My stomach hates me, I am disappointed with my choices, and I am completely exhausted for the week ahead and not at all refreshed. I feel like I have lost my ability to say no and do self care. I am just running around like a crazy person with no end in sight. How do I get my balance back???

@jdelaroy I'm glad you're still posting with me :) I fall all the time so I've sadly got no tips for staying upright

@bluepoppies777 Sorry to hear about your friend's Mom :( How did the weekend go?

Welcome @suriti and @Miz_T! Keep posting
  • janetay01
    Options
    Jen - well done making that decision on the chocolate festival. Fun as it sounds, it would set me back weeks if I wasn't careful. Sounds like you had a really nice day doing other stuff as well. Quilt is going well - I'll take a photo and put it up in the next day or so!

Joy - sounds like an incredibly busy weekend - hope you managed to keep your head above the waterline! Sounds silly but I'm jealous of your snow - we so rarely get any here - this is Alistair's third winter and I have no idea when I am going to be able to introduce him to the idea of a snowman! We had a number of holidays in Banff before Alistair was born - we will have to save up to take him back there :)

@suriti - welcome!

Rachel - sorry, I think I'm contributing to the crickets feel in the last week! Hope you enjoyed your lazy weekend :)

Lovely weekend here - got loads done and finished off yesterday eating carrot cake with my aunt and uncle whilst Alistair scampered enthusiastically around their tiny flat! Hoping for a quieter week but not confident - I'm in the office four days this week so may struggle to get any actual work done :(. On the plus side, I'm going for a meal with the lovely ladies from my antenatal group on Friday - we've not got all of us (7 people) together since last summer so a nice opportunity to catch up. And I've been offered a lift there and back by one of them so will be able to have a drink (or two) :). Have a great Monday all!
  • janetay01
    Options
    Rachel - our posts crossed! So sorry to hear that the weekend did not go as planned. I struggled with the self care element in the latter half of last year - too busy looking after everyone else to do anything for me (and indeed my words for this year are self care). I found that I got to a tipping point where I just wasn't satisfied with the balance any more and I had to take some action. For me, it was about sitting down and having a fairly hard conversation with myself about what I wanted and what was going to have to give. And reminding myself of what my true deep down motivators are for this journey. Not saying it was easy - but try to find some time for yourself and work out what is worth keeping and what isn't!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have missed all of you. Life has really been getting in the way these last couple of months. Putting me back into the mix today. Eating has been pretty good so far today. And gym is on the horizon for later this afternoon. I will check back tomorrow, and every day or so after that. You guys r my rock and I have realized I need your support and motivation.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I've been keeping up, but last week my head was not in the game... I read your posts but did not check in... not sure what it was or if I just needed a break... I had an ok week. Not great but not horrible. My steps were sucky and who knows... Anyway! Coming off of a AWSESOME weekend! And no... I didn't have one alcoholic drink!! Yay for me! Friday night Lexi, her friend... my adopted son basically went to a trampoline park... then off to eat at Chili's and yes I only ate half my meal... then to "The Space between Us" movie... I cried! Then Saturday we headed to the gym, shopping, watched her "boyfriend", Nate play basketball and then off to watch Joey play indoor soccer. Great fun day with the kiddos! Then Sunday we spent all day outside sledding! It was a beautiful day! Funny to say mid 30's was warm but the sun felt wonderful! Have to say I did get into the cookie dough yesterday that Lexi, Joey and Nate made! but overall I ate really well!! My snowpants were a little tight so that motivated me to be even better this week! So far so good! I know.. it's not even noon on Monday!! But I did get a 10am hunger pang and I drank 20 oz. of water instead of eating and I felt better!! Hope you all had a great weekend and I will be in a better place to check in this week!! ;)
  • AllThingsFitnessByAnney
    Options
    I have lost 10 pounds in a week on this journey which is a great amount but stepping on the scale today on the 13th day ( week two), I gained two pounds?!?? How. I've been working out 5 days a week and eating grilled chicken, veggies, and almond milk occasionally. I measure everything down to condiments and log everything in. The scale made me feel defeated like I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else have this problem in their journey and any tips to kick start the weight loss again?
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @iphonelover321 You are doing great! Keep it up. There are so many reasons that the scale fluctuates like that. Too much sodium, your body retaining water due to muscle repair, or menstrual cycle. Then there is the whole women gain weight during the second and 4th week of their cycle due to hormones. Stay positive. If you like to weigh everyday try keeping a basic spreadsheet and look at trends rather than day to day. As long as the general trend is going down you are doing fine. Hope this helps
  • AllThingsFitnessByAnney
    Options
    Thank you @jdelaroy it's hard especially when it's the beginning of your journey and you want to see results. Can anyone give me advice as to what caloric intake I should be eating and if 1200 calories is the right amount? I weigh 220 as of today I am 5,2 and want to lose 40-50 pounds. I exercise 5 times a week for 2-3 hours burning between 450-600 calories (  watch tracker). I eat chicken and veggies, no processed foods and try to stay under 75 carbs a day. Thank you in advance!!!