Short girls under 5'5 trying to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• theabberzgirl
    theabberzgirl Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The app cut off like 90% of what I wrote... I might try again later.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That happens to me a lot.. I get so frustrated. lol
  • aki619
    aki619 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    So inspiring ladies... Do any of you have a problem with staying on track on the weekends? For me that's the hardest with staying on track.

I definitely have a hard time on the weekends. My boyfriend and I are in an LDR and we only see each other on the weekends. I don't like to waste my time cooking, so inevitably we go out and eat most meals. He is also super skinny and needs to eat about twice as much as I do. He's very supportive, but the weekends are always tough.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Yes, i have the same problem. My boyfriend is skinny and a rail and can eat almost anything he wants and won't gain a pound. Me, i eat a big meal and there's a pound. On the weekends his mom likes to do big cookouts and she's from the south which means almost everything is fried or has butter in it. lol . I am vegetarian for the last 2 weeks so it isn't as hard but i still have a hard time staying away from the mac and cheese or the dressing. I haven't cheated this week because when i do cheat one time i tend to loose focus because i think it's a big deal
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    5'2 but I've got the saddlebags of a much taller cowboy, haha :p

My "goal" is 105 but I use quotations because I honestly don't think it will happen. Not being defeatist, just that I know I don't have the drive and sheer strength of will to get that tight. I'm at 125 now, and it's honestly fine, it's my body comp I need to work on - much too soft/weak. Thank god for Spanx!

My lowest weight using MFP was 118. I looked good! but felt miserable. Too much time working out and worrying about macros, not enough time enjoying sleeveless shirts.
  • Fitmommy0920
    Fitmommy0920 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5' and this is my 2nd time using this site. First time I was very successful I lost 60lbs (then it put me under weight) decided to delete my old account and got comfortable and I gained about half my weight back
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Yes it is hard. Once you get to that goal weight you think you can start eating anything you want
  • Drueru
    Drueru Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yup I agree... Its much harder for us shorties. I'm 5'nothing and have the same issues. Even an extra 5 pounds sure shows!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I've used this site to lose weight twice. Once not very diligently to get from obese to overweight (I mostly used it to identify my problem areas, aka Wendy's). I used it a second time to get down to a healthy weight. (I had to work pretty diligently to get through some plateaus to get to this size though.) I'm currently 123-127 and have been maintaining with a smidge of recomp for a couple years. I use the site currently to maintain.
  • Fitpika
    Fitpika Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I keep started my fit pal and then falling off the horse, but im totally with you ladies! 5-10-20 lbs can make such a huge difference on us. :( but hopefully i can stay motivated to drop this weight for my wedding in the summer :s
  • vibrantval83
    vibrantval83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"1' and a half. My weight keeps going up and down. I'm not constant with this. I should be but I'm lazy. I have no energy and always want food. I would love to lose 40lbs
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Good morning ladies, feel free to add me as we can inspire and motivate eachother through our journeys :)
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    So inspiring ladies... Do any of you have a problem with staying on track on the weekends? For me that's the hardest with staying on track.

Weekends are my down fall.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and a half and like another posted said, that half counts. I'm looking to lose at least 60lbs long term, but short term I'm looking to get to onederland, which is about 20lbs away.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Please add me fellow shorties!!
    I'm 5'3, I've lost 36lbs and have about 20 left to lose. This last 20 is a pain in the butt! But I'm determined. I can't imagine 20lbs being enough when I look in the mirror.. I still feel like the big girl so we'll see!