Diet pills from the doctor

Options
124»

Replies

• Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It is true that there are people posting on these threads who have nothing to do with the subject but just want someone to criticize. I have gotten nasty personal messages from people who say it is their duty to tell me what I am doing wrong.

I don't mean to be unkind to you, but if I need help, I am posting here. If I need support, I am posting here. If I need kindness, I am posting here.

I appreciate you trying to help, but your criticism does not help you or me.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I took phen-fen for about 6 - 8 weeks (can't remember exactly) under my GP's supervision. This was right before the info on the heart valve damage came out. For me it was an effective appetite suppressor, and with my Dr.'s help focused on portion control and appropriate snacking. She discontinued the pills when I hit the top of my healthy weight range. I kept the weight off for quite a few years because I had a very routine life as far as food and activity go, until I moved 60 miles from where I work and my work/life balance went to hell. This is just my experience - I don't believe the weight will inevitably come back on as soon as you stop taking the pills if you've put in the work to understand portion control and how to balance your energy needs.

I don't advocate one way or the other as far as using appetite suppressors goes (always under a legitimate Dr.'s supervision), but I believe the fact that most people regain after discontinuing is more related to why most people regain using any method of weight loss than to the use of the pills themselves.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »

It's not all about clean eating. It's calorie control, how you get there is up to you, but to say it's all about clean eating is false.

Now tell me why that is false?? Do you know what clean eating is?? Clean eating is choosing foods with less carbs and less calories... Healthy fruits and veggies... That is clean eating.. You read labels on the "healthy" foods?? May be low calories but loaded with carbs!!! So not everything that is LOW calories is good for you...

You can lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies. Posting ridiculous claims about "clean eating" isn't helpful, and can be actively harmful.

I sort of agree with clean eating. My method is don't eat anything that comes in a box. Except oatmeal.

Why do you keep coming back to the forum re-bumping ancient threads just to slam everyone who has issues with phentermine? So you take it and appear to have dependency issues with it, I don't think you're a good advert in all honesty.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yes. I used the pills for one month, weaned off, and continued to lose using the techniques I learned while on the pills. You have to keep up the calorie counting and exercise.