Beautiful Behaviors - February 2017

Options

Replies

• jasmarie24
    jasmarie24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    January was a month of awareness for me too. I finally decided to take a look in the mirror and face my problems head on and learn how to change them. I started wearing my fitbit more and I started to log my food intake again. I also came up with an exercise regimen that works for me.the one big difference for me in January is that I made all of these changes on my own, I didn't take anyone's opinions of thoughts into consideration, I did it for me. I also started to journal more, which has been awesome! I bottle all of my feelings up then I eat my feelings away. Writing my thoughts and feelings out rather good or bad has been great and has definitely made me more aware of who I am as a person.

My goal for february is to kee p these food habits going! There were a few times in January when I broke these habits due to stress and it set me back. This month I want to work through whatever problems come my way and stay on track while I do it !
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday!

Kids aren't in the classroom yet, so I am pumping out the rock n roll tunes. Every teacher passing my room is cracking up.

Weighed in. I lost 0.2 - I think I'll wet my pants. LOL!

Oh well, time to kick up the workout game. I definitely have the food down. Afraid of what superbowl goodies may bring, but I've resolved to log ALL of it!!!! That should be interesting.

Have an awesome weekend.

Kim
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!! a few thought are rushing through my mind

After abstaining from weighing for a month while on my Jan whole30, I have a new found appreciation for the scale.

It is a tool that tells me how my progress is going. I have weighed myself everyday for three days : loss on Wed, loss on Thurs, and a 1/2 lb gain today.

This is not upsetting me, and this is not depressing. It is not a failure or from an unwise eating choice. It's just a number that reflects my current situtation for the moment. I can now choose to act upon this information. So what am I going to do...... the same thing I did yesterday, and everyday in January. I'm not going to let a number have power over my emotions anymore! I have wasted too much of my life stressing over "the numbers".

I'm going to continue to make the absolute best eating choices for the situtation I am in. That does not mean perfect, because that just doesn't exist. Right now, for me, that means eating whole foods and avoiding sugar. It means being kind to myself. It means loving and embracing the journey I'm on instead of lamenting and complaining about anything and everything......

I'm going to continue to weigh frequently each week ( always the same time of day and under same conditions). So WHEN I get to my goal weight (IF no longer exisits), I will be in the habit of tracking my weight and taking in the information and treating it as a positive no matter the number. I will use the scale as a tool and no longer let it define my journey.....

My journey is to better health, to be physically, mentally, and spiritual stronger then I was the day before. I am accomplishing that right now! I am successful right now!

I don't have to wait for the scale to say the "perfect" number for me to feel joy in the journey.....

and neither do you!! <3<3<3
  • fruitydelicious
    Options
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    Good morning, all!

i got on the scale today and it was good. i lost the weight i had put on after starting this up in mid-december.

i ALWAYS go through a period of gaining weight after i start trying to lose weight. it's as if my body and mind say to me, "oh yeah? we'll see about that!" my body is a rebellious creature, and i am the parent it rebels against. does anyone else have this issue?

i seem to have passed the point of inner rebellion... i can't believe i've been logging on every day for over a month! i usually get in trouble around week 3, and i did, and i stuck it out this time and passed it by! yay me!

i've been within 100 calories of my goal for three whole days now, which is amazing and very very motivating. i'm ready for my midmorning snack, and i'm going for an orange instead of a large bag of microwave popcorn. that's an upgrade.

i'm so grateful for all of you. i'm motivated every time i read your posts. thank you for sticking it out with me and sharing the journey!

later,
    jess

This is fantastic!!! You're a great inspiration to stay focused and positive.
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Jess - you did stick it out. Yay! Good for you!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    So excited - my "splurge" meal is tonight! Yay. this is worked into my plan so that my body doesn't adapt too much to constantly eating at a deficit, it's a refeed day.

*Last night I crushed my workout (lifted as much weight as the guys)
    -Shoulders, chest and triceps heavy weights
    -HIIT cardio - jump training
    Happy Friday, ya'll
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, all!!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Not a great calorie day but it could have been much worse. One of my coworkers keeps bringing in cookies from a bakery. At least 3 times a week. She suffers from extreme cravings and loses control of her eating. These are giant cookies. I ate one three times this week. I have to work on this. I am not eating anymore and when she eats them next week i am going to leave the room so I don't smell them. Every day I have been over on calories this week i have eaten one of these. Ugh!! This is hard. I am working on refinishing some chairs so I am staying away from food at home. Not sure how much exercise this is but I am enjoying it and not grazing when i am at home.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, all!

Today I am treating myself to lunch out with a friend at our favorite Japanese restaurant. I am going to look up the calories of things before I go and log all I eat, because baby, I'm on a roll! I got on the scale today and I'm finally down below where I started back in December. It made me feel like dancing! I don't like being so needy with the scale, but it is, for me, a good way to see how I've been doing. All of my pants and skirts are elastic waisted, so it's hard to tell from how they fit if I've lost, unless I lose a LOT.

What will you do to treat yourself this lovely (but cold here) day? Is it cold where you live? I'm in Maryland, up near the Pennsylvania border. Where are all of you living?

later,
    jess
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @dlm4mom if there were giant cookies near me at work, i would have a big problem. good for you for only eating them 3 days and not all week! especially chocolate chip ones, oh, i can't resist them. wait, NO! that's the OLD me talking. i CAN resist them (trying to convince myself).
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @DarkSinestra how interesting... a roller derby team! how long ago, and for how long? i remember watching that on tv years ago and it looked really rough.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @woznube7 LIBBY how are you? we miss your optimistic voice.
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Jess - my goodness! I love your attitude!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    oh well. i collapsed just now. john said "let's get a pizza" (we haven't ordered in all week) and i said "only if we have ice cream too". i'm not very strong. back on tomorrow!
  • fruitydelicious
    Options
    I'm in central PA, about 45 minutes south of Harrisburg. Howdy neighbor!!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

I miss you all. My mom and I were talking yesterday and ended up thinking that I should try to find a job in Indiana (my cousin lives in Indianapolis and a few friends as well). So I have been applying like crazy. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.

I have let myself go, just eating anything and everything. I know this has come from stress and having my period starting. It helps with the thoughts/feelings/etc I've been experiencing!

This week I've been dog sitting and it has been a bjt challenging. I miss my kitties at my apartment, but am loving all the puppy cuddles.

I have been in a tough downward spiral, but I'm so thankful for you guys!! I'm here, I'll be back in full force! This is just a minor bump in the road!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @woznube7 I live in Indianapolis IN! Lowe's Corporate is always hiring for customer service, project coordinators and supervisors. Goodluck :smiley: