February Resolutions?

Options
2»

Replies

• charmurr
    charmurr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    nicruns wrote: »
    I need to get over my "fear" of the treadmill.... RIP that band aid off.... & start moving again!

To help you get back on the dreaded machine, just start by putting your sneakers on. Nothing more. Maybe you'll feel like continuing. Maybe you'll have enough. The trick is to have momentum on your side.....
    Do the same thing every morning (or whenever) and see how "far you'll go".
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm in, been maintaining for a couple months---err I guess I should say plateau----either way I need to get it moving again and drop ten in feb
  • Doraboyes
    Doraboyes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My goal is to keep active for the month and try to eat better
  • charmurr
    Options
    For me, anxiety causes snack attack. I've decided to do more yoga and meditate in evening. I've been doing it here and there but time to up it.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but around here my husband has the sweetest tooth on the planet. He is forever looking for the one sweet he knows I would enjoy. Death by Chocolate ice cream. Butter cookies with jam in the center. We have to laugh. Then I smack him!
  • AriaLace
    AriaLace Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I didn't make any resolutions for New Years because I had no motivation. Mid January I got the motivation to hop back on the wagon and start looking after myself again. So here I am to lose weight. I would love to lose a stone this February! By March 1st I would ideally like to be 11 stone 1lbs. Let's see how I get on with this!
  • Linny_Goot
    Linny_Goot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My goal is to get the 30-minute workouts in a week and not weigh myself until the end of February. Moving forward!
  • charmurr
    Options
    Well I have to say writing it all out, food intake, I'm becoming more aware. Depressing in some ways because the realization is I would need to slow up on the intake. I love food. For breakfast I consumed 1300 calories! I have spare ribs in the crock pot. Breakfast was great but I'm not smiling anymore.....
  • charmurr
    Options
    AriaLace wrote: »
    I didn't make any resolutions for New Years because I had no motivation. Mid January I got the motivation to hop back on the wagon and start looking after myself again. So here I am to lose weight. I would love to lose a stone this February! By March 1st I would ideally like to be 11 stone 1lbs. Let's see how I get on with this!

It seems no one speaks to one another on these posts so I decided to respond to yours. I didn't care in Jan either. Xmas bills came due. Anyway, I was here last year and it was an eye opener. Here I am again. The one thing I get hung up on is the snacking during the later hours of the day. If I can get past this hurdle, weight will melt away. Aside from working out in the morning, I've started to do some yoga in the evening (maybe 3, 4X's/wkly). This is the plan I have place as I write this. We've all been here so I ask, what's your plan?
  • BridgetteM14
    BridgetteM14 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing with their Feb resolutions? I am 3 pounds lighter this week than last and I made it through super bowl sunday without going rogue.

Who else is having success or struggles...
  • charmurr
    Options
    How is everyone doing with their Feb resolutions? I am 3 pounds lighter this week than last and I made it through super bowl sunday without going rogue.

Who else is having success or struggles...

The struggle is always there. I can't say I've been terribly successful. I was on MFP about a year ago and was surprised to see how calories are out there. I didn't realize and it's been a real eye opener. Here I am again and duh! nothing has changed. Except my body.... In my 50's and I need to adjust to the new norm.
    It's really not fair that we can eat and eat growing up, not gain an ounce, then Wham! adulthood sets in and change has to occur. This is the hard part. I don't want to give up food. Change is hard.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    charmurr wrote: »
    Snacking is my problem. Noshing through the day with my "normal" meals. I'm sad over it which makes me even sadder which in turn I snack more. I must remember to smile more...... I'm new to this community note taking and hope if I write things down (actually I've taking pics on phone and logging later) I'll begin to sit up and take notice. The down side is by the time I sit and log I suddenly realize!!

When I started with MFP I always logged my food FIRST, then ate afterwards. You realise that extra condiment, or pad of butter, really adds up fast so you can always stay within your calories. After at least 6 months of doing this I did start to get used to my portion control and amounts before logging; however I STILL always log before i eat as it was a good habit that I never wanted to give up. When you want to snack choose an apple, or a cup of snap peas, carrot sticks dipped in hummus, you can choose healthy snack foods too
  • charmurr
    Options
    lutzsher wrote: »
    charmurr wrote: »
    Snacking is my problem. Noshing through the day with my "normal" meals. I'm sad over it which makes me even sadder which in turn I snack more. I must remember to smile more...... I'm new to this community note taking and hope if I write things down (actually I've taking pics on phone and logging later) I'll begin to sit up and take notice. The down side is by the time I sit and log I suddenly realize!!

When I started with MFP I always logged my food FIRST, then ate afterwards. You realise that extra condiment, or pad of butter, really adds up fast so you can always stay within your calories. After at least 6 months of doing this I did start to get used to my portion control and amounts before logging; however I STILL always log before i eat as it was a good habit that I never wanted to give up. When you want to snack choose an apple, or a cup of snap peas, carrot sticks dipped in hummus, you can choose healthy snack foods too

I guess I was hoping when taking the pics I would "see" first. I suppose I could just log on then and there on my phone first. Family wants to know what I'm up to....
  • caf973
    caf973 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes for sure so ready!