WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Replies

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Sorry for your loss Kelly. (((Hugs)))

Supposed to get up to the mid-80s this week.

Tired of being sick. Seem to be getting worse. I did go to the Dr. and it looks like it is moving from viral to bacterial.

Sewing baby clothes today for the two grandbabies on the way and listening to my audio book. Nice way to pass the afternoon.

Marcelyn
    in Houston
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    (((Kelly))) :heartbreak:
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Dear Friends,

PHX, welcome. Please tell us a bit more about yourself to help us get to know you. We also request that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. Good luck on your journey.

Cheri, I hope your back is better today. ((Hugs))

Becky, good for you on making exercise a priority. Also on limiting some foods. Keep it up and the scale will move.

Beth, reading your post I had to laugh. You said, “ I do a lot of pot banging when I'm angry!” My mother did as well and when we were visiting one time she was in the kitchen after dinner and my father yelled in to her, “Do you think you can rattle those pots and pans a little louder?”. My DH just about fell out of his chair laughing. That was probably 30 years ago and he still laughs about it to this day. *I sure miss my Mom after all these years*.

Keri, welcome and thanks for the introduction. The only suggestion I can give with your busy lifestyle is to plan ahead. It works in shopping, menu planning and cooking but especially in staying within our calorie allotment. Come here often for some great support.

Marni, you suggested when you don’t feel like exercising grab a partner and dance. I often dance around the house for exercise without a partner. DH won’t dance with me but has plenty of comments. Lol Just glad I can burn calories and entertain him at the same time.

Joyce, glad your DD got a job. It sounds interesting. I hope she likes it.

Karen,BC, good on resisting the cinnamon buns. That is probably the hardest single thing for me to resist. OMG I just love them!!!

Pat, so good to see you, stranger. I had the last of my ham and bean soup for lunch today and froze the rest. I love homemade soup and being able to pull some out of the freezer.

Janetr, I like your “Imagine This” poster. Thanks for sharing.

Katla, that is so cool that the Hummers are so tame around you.

Heather, bummer about the dentist. It’s amazing that they can charge such prices and don’t care that they lose business.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

We watched the game last night. I have to say it was a good one. The only thing I made for it was some guacamole for DH and I only tasted it for seasoning while making it. I didn’t find the commercials as good as in past years. I think my cold is getting a bit better, finally. I’m going to my Moose meeting tonight. I missed the one last week.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Kelly: My condolences ((Hugs))
  • tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    DJ - love your quote at the top! I agree with you! thanks for the welcome! I look forward to "meeting" everyone!

Tammy in Montana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Kelly- so sorry for your loss! We will keep you and your family in our prayers. (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Kelly, so sorry for the loss of your sister. ( heartfelt hugs from Oregon)
    Becca
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Whoops, stayed away a little too long and got way behind. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

-Yvonne in TX
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Kelly - I am so so sorry!
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    KJ -so srry for your loss. Having lost a sister years ago, I know it is hard.
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Hey everyone:
    Melanie I just had the same rant last week. And then today I weighed in after a week of hard work at I lost .6. I feel your frustration, it is like my body can't lose. I find it helpful to know that it is not just the number on the scale that matters. I eat well am physically active and that protects my body from disease. But I hear you, I still want to see the numbers go down. Stay with it , stay honest and eventually you will lose. I would have a well woman check up just to make sure everything is o.k. I have high cortisol levels which make losing more challenging. But nothing worth having comes easy. You will succeed!!
    Katia I LOVE hummingbirds too!
    Starr Welcome, I am from Ontario too :)
    Tammy Welcome
    KJ Oh I am so sorry, my sincere condolences, my thoughts are with you <3

It is snowing big beautiful flakes right now but announcing freezing rain for tomorrow which always scares me. DH had a very serious car accident in November. He lost control of the car on ice and it rolled off the highway 3 times. He has a guardian angel as he walked away with only minor injuries. Now every time I hear ice rain, I get a panicky feeling.

On a positive note, my plank times increased and I found them easy to do today:
    #1 60 seconds
    #2 50 seconds
    #3 40 seconds
    I am working to reach a minute for all three. I found when I did them at the beginning of the workout it was much easier because my trainer pushes me hard so I can barely move at the end. So there is a nsv!

Hope everyone has a great rest of their day/evening. Thank you for being such a great, respectful and supportive group.
    <3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Kelly- So very sorry ..My deepest sympathies xoxo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Kjlamore - I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to u
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Marcelyn – I was pulling for the Falcons; thought surely they had it in the bag; but, then the Patriots came out ‘fighting’ the last half. Hate to say it; but, they won the flip and they played it great. But, still sad.

Pitegny – Interesting information. Louis and I are not card game players; but, will suffer through 8-1-8 when we all get together at the beach. This year I took my Mexican Train Dominoes and got both sisters ‘hooked on it’. When I was 4-years-old, my Daddy taught me how to play poker, for 2 reasons; so I would not give away one of his or a poker player friends’ hand. It also taught me what ‘confidentiality’ mean. Since he was an attorney, there were several times we just had to ‘act dumb’ about who he had been seen talking to. “We don’t know!” Enjoyed the ear lobe reflexology.

Pat – I think boys get mouthy about the time they reach 15-years-old. Louis jacked both of them up against the pantry door, for being smart-mouthed. Once to me, the other to him. They were being held there by their chins with the feet 6” off the ground. “Don’t you dare say that in this house, to anyone!” I think girls get mouthy when they leave home and realize that they can make their own rules (at least away from home).

Carol – Wings???

Carey – Our DYS is having to get used to marriage and a new daughter (she loves him to death); but, discipline is up to her Mama. He doesn’t get into that end of it; but, he also won’t let her play one against the other. A few Sundays ago, she decided that ‘everything’ she had ‘made her look fat’. He called us instead. DMYGD was having a ‘meltdown’. I laughed and told him ‘be prepared for at least 7 more years of this. My Mother was the disciplinarian in our family; if we ever went to Daddy about something, he’d ask, “What did your Mama say?” Then, go ask her.”

Janetr – Great saying!

Katla – Our hummers are just here for about 4 months, then they fly south for the winter.

KJ – Sorry about the passing of your sister. I know that is a hard blow. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Hope y’all won’t have a ‘frost’. My plants come out once the pecan trees start to leaf out. Haven’t seen that yet.

Lenora
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    KJ, so sorry for your loss.

Mary, please keep us posted on the keto thing. I'd love to know what a typical food day for you looks like.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    KJ: Hugs. So very sorry for your loss. :heartbreak: Hope you find peace in happy memories of your sister.

Ladies, I seem to have caught the crud that is circulating. I was sniffling all weekend, but thought it was pollen because it was warm and gusty here. Woke up today to swollen glands, fever and a sore throat. :tongue:

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    Heading back to bed instead of packing for a business trip (sigh)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Lenora, My older two sons weren't mouthy but the older son bullied the middle son. It took only once for the Navy Chief to come out of my husband, putting him against the wall and ask the older son if he liked it. I used the other tactic of saying they were a mirror to how they wished to be treated. When I saw a bit of bullying done from the middle son to the youngest I told him just you wait the youngest son was going to lash out and it won't be pretty. It's all a balance.
    Becca
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Kelly - So sorry to read about your loss. {{{Hugs}}}

Mia in MI