Options

Replies

• fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    aleahurst wrote: »
    Dear Food,
    Our relationship has been rocky for more than just a few months. You are kind. Then, at the drop of a hat, you turn cruel. What gives? What did I do?

Dear Food,
    I know it's not your fault. It's society's fault. It's the food industry's fault. It's the media's fault. But I'm the one who suffers. Did I ever do something that I knew was so wrong? Why punish me when the advertisements are to blame?

Dear Food,
    Don't be pretending to "comfort" me with the old routine, because that ain't going to work on me anymore. Greasy, cheesy, msg-laden hamburger macaroni caserole isn't getting a place in my life anymore. You make me believe I'm being comforted with that rich savory stuff and then I swell up above the ruckus looking like a beached whale needing a place to dehydrate.

Dear Food,
    Oh you may already be in the cupboard. You may be working on me with that old "that's plain wasteful" line that you use so well. You ain't making me feel guilty this time. You'll rot out on the compost bin. You might even turn into something good out there. Making you do your share of work isn't being wasteful.

Dear Food,
    Oh, you aren't getting rid of me. It's not that easy. From here on in, I'm making you tow the line. I know I don't have much to go on. It don't matter. If I have to eat Henbit, chickweeds, and sunflowers from out of the yard, I will do so.

Dear Food,
    If you got anything to say for yourself, you can go on and say it now. If it ain't something good, I'm not likely to listen.

THIS IS FABULOUS <3<3<3

Dear Food,
    I don't need you anymore to soothe my pain or cure my boredom. I am now the dictator in this relationship. You are the one in shackles, and I'm finally feeling free......
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Planning for the week ahead is a recipe for success!

I like that!

Okay, now I'm really done.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst don't be too hard on yourself and keep going
    @DarkSinestra you're a warrior
    @KimF0715 great planning, moving forward

To everyone: we all have set backs but sounds like everyone is pushing through. Giving up is the worst. My bf and I had a great gym sesh, 80 minutes! I stayed within my calories and fit a little low calorie ice cream in today. Sweet dreams
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I have a couple interviews set up for Indy, tomorrow (Wednesday) already! Very exciting. Although I'm just taking to day by day, it is very helpful to keep on track to potentially move there.

It is my last day of dog sitting and last day of bad food choices. I am so glad to be going back to normal. I love these dogs and am so grateful to have been able to spend time with them. It'll just be nice to be with my own babies and in my own bed.

I bought new foods and am ready to eat right again.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday. We are supposed to get nasty weather, but it feels like spring right now!

Libby
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @fruitydelicious - I love your letter! You are the master of your destiny.

Libby - it sounds like you are taking on the challenge of this new process well.

Good morning all!
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm back in the New York Groove. Or NJ, whatever. Tomato, tomahto.

Logging, weighing, meal planning. Feeling better already.

Everyone have a good one!

Kim
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I can relate to all of this. I'm a "people pleaser" who often goes along with the crowd just so I don't seem odd, and will put aside my needs to make others happy. I have to conscientiously focus on doing things for myself too, but I always feel so guilty about it. Then I get stressed out over the guilt, and I'm a stress eater so I want to start stuffing my face.
  • happysherri
    Options
    Hello there. Today is my much needed rest day. I get to have dinner with my 18 year old son, super excited about that. I will be choosing healthy options where ever we dine -and it will be delicious. Remember just because we are eating healthy doesn't make it tasteless, we can still enjoy the food we eat. Have a great evening!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My post just disappeared. I can't figure out what is happening. I am not far over calories most days and have lost only 1 pound in about a month. Maybe my servings are too large? I am not sure what else it could be. My calorie goal is 1200 and i am usually about 1500. Seems like I should be losing something.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    good morning, all! i'm struggling to get back on program after indulging at a super bowl party. i am once again reminded that i am a food addict. i had finally gotten hold of my cravings and was progressing, and now i'm almost back to square one. taking it as a lesson, and not judging myself.
  • happysherri
    Options
    @dlm4mom yes, definitely measure and weigh everything. what i think is a serving is not lol not sure of your numbers but 1200 calories seems low. remember it is not a race, but a lifestyle. aggressive goals can lead to failure. however again i don't know your numbers. try switching things up a little bit and give your body time to adapt to the change

@jessiquoi don't be too hard on yourself, what's done is done. look to today and the following days and what you want to accomplish; strive for that. I was just getting negative this morning and then realized that I am doing the right thing and that I need to focus on today and looking forward to my workout later. you got this!

This morning, for the first time in over a month I struggled with feelings of just giving up. Then I snapped myself out of it, packed my healthy meals for the day and planned my workout for the gym tonight. Don't let self negative talk take over, we're better than that and we are worth it!

Have a wonderful Wednesday

• aleahurst
    Options
    @dlm4mom -I like what sherri said! Try switching up things a bit. And that one pound? Woo! I love it! I'll take one pound a month! Anyway, your mind, emotions, and body need time to adjust. I love it that you've lost a pound! Woooo!

@jessiquoi - yep indulgence leads to craving. Blame the food industry for that and chew them out good! Your body is yours, not theirs. My go to is sunflower seeds when I need to counter an overindulgence craving. Find something healthy that won't set you back. AND What non scale, love yourself, fulfill your dreams, goal can you set for today? What's your beautiful behavior going to be?

Yesterday, I fell at the grocery store. Now, I'm autistic with a touch of PTSD. So when you startle me, I screech. I've tried to get the screeching under control since age 5, when I first became aware of it. Yesterday's fall was slow and I screeched all the way down, or I should say, as I fell all the way over 10 feet and grabbed a doorway to stop the spinning. I felt clumsy and embarrassed.

Today, I would actually like to walk the 2 miles to the grocery store again. Yep. I may have fallen, but the walk was invigorating. I just don't want my well meaning friends and neighbors to insist on taking me.

I live in central Arkansas, USA. It feels like summer outside. Last year this time, it was snowing!

Love you all! You inspire me!

Lea
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey All:

Report card night here. In my classroom....awaiting the 6pm - 8pm parent meetings. Everyone will be here to talk about their little cherubs. :smile:

I had the chance to go to a local pizza, wings, burger establishment with the other teachers during our break. I would have loved it. I decided against it. Got myself some grilled chicken and broccoli rabe.

Snowmaggedon is upon the NY/NJ/CT Tri State area. We are expecting a foot of snow. Likely, I'll be off tomorrow. Just waiting to hear. Every parent that had an afternoon conference asked us if we had heard from the superintendent yet. lol

My daughter is waiting for the snow (and her school district closing) with bated breath.

I promised her we'd bake cookies if we were off. Now, I'll have to stay away from them. Normally, I'd bake them with regular flour so I CAN'T eat them....but I think all I have in the house is the gluten free flour. And nothing short of the second coming of the Lord will get me NEAR a ShopRite tonight after my commute home. Those people are NUTS! Get the bread....the milk....the eggs!!!!!! Take out a family of four in the parking lot to get the last spot!!!!!!!!!!

Hope today was great.

Kim
  • aleahurst
    Options
    You made some good choices, Kim! Way to go!

I hope you get to rest tomorrow.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @Mithridites ! Yay! Inspiring!
  • aleahurst
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Note for mobile users: you can edit a post for an hour after posting. Then go back and edit, save, edit, save. A real pain, but if my device switches from horizontal to vertical orientation, I lose my post.
  • aleahurst
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @jessiquoi - It is hard to get back on your plan after indulging. Use it as self-awareness object lesson and get back here and rise above! You are an awesome individual. Jess is Creative. Jess loves mother earth. Jess is inspiring.

For everyone who is suffering from a snack attack, they really do put excitotoxins in snack foods!

They really do put ingredients in snack foods that make you crave more food. MSG is one such ingredient. MSG has many names on ingredient labels: autolyzed yeast, salt, accent, sodium 2aminopentanedioate, glutamic acid, glutamate, monosodium glutamate, magnesium glutamate, processed free glutamic acid, corn syrup, honey, dextrose. Any of those names could possibly hide MSG.

all those names can hide any excitotoxin. Excitotoxins actually damage us by over stimulating our nerves with a "feel good" chemical. I'm 62 years old. My nerves are so damaged by these foods that I avoid them because they not only taste good, they also make me feel like I'm literally starving to death. Tired, self critical, cranky with others, and ever so hungry, I simply go to bed until i wake up from the influence.

Be careful. Those foods really are harmful. It's not your fault. They really do make you ill. Then you gain weight.

Have you been consuming these foods? Quick, do this:
    1. Exercise - it will speed up your metabolism so that the food goes out of your system faster
    2. Drink 8 to 15 cups of water each day - The water will help clear the food our of your system.
    3. Wait it out. It will be over in about 5 days. It can be over sooner if you exercise and drink water, maybe 3 days.

Chex Mix type snacks don't own your body. Bacon doesn't own your body. Packaged macaroni and cheese doesn't own your body. You own your body. Tell the manufacturers to leave the excitotoxins out by not buying their products.

I love you all. Be caring of yourselves. Get vigilant. Reach out and love someone who needs you.

Lea