Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!

So I lost the cast on Thursday! I'm in a walking boot and still using the crutches, just not as much, hoping I'll be off them completely by the end of the week. Achy and twingy and the boot is weird, heavy and inconvenient, but I'm glad to be closer to on my feet. My calf is all shriveled and skinny. Sigh. Some of my weight loss is probably loss of leg. :p

I'm glad everyone had fun on their weekends (even if regret followed!)...I was a real sugar ho yesterday...but that's all over...My company changed wellness programs in January and instead of weight loss coaching (which admittedly wasn't very helpful until they suggested I sign up here), they've offered enrollment in this program called Naturally Slim for free. Joining earns you points toward a discount next year, so I joined. It seems really hokey. Some of their stuff makes sense but a lot of it is...well, silly and while they criticize other diet or weight loss advice for not being based on science...well, neither is theirs! But the first three weeks, they ask you to cut out sugary stuff. So...the fruit gems and the chocolate cherries have to go away. At least for a while. Since I've lost almost 40 lbs eating whatever I like (in reasonable portions, counting calories), I don't see the point.

Janetay...I LOVE Banff! Such a gorgeous town! I actually stayed in Johnston Canyon when I was there but it was amazing! Lakes Moraine and Louise are so beautiful. And everyone up there is so nice!

Miz T...it wasn't a zombie thread, we were just napping!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @rachel0778 Sounds like a crazy fun weekend. I hope you find sometime for yourself soon.

@janetay01 I am excited to see the quilt. I bet it looks great. I love all the fun family stuff you do with your son. Good luck at work.

@ngolden3320 I missed you too. I was just thinking about you before I saw your post and was hoping you were doing well. Glad you are going to try and post more often.

@shycush6 We all need a break on occasion. Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. Great job on the no alcohol.

@gemwolf110 Sorry everyone isn’t well on the home front. Hopefully you stay strong and can fight it off. I have noticed since I have started losing weight, eating better and working out; I don’t get sick as much.

@melaniedscott Woo hoo no cast! I bet you are ready to clobber someone with that boot. Great job staying positive and strong through this ordeal.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I got all my goals accomplished. I wanted to do a little more, but I just felt like I had ran around all day. I did some snacking, but managed to resist a lot of it. Still hard to do though. So today I am aiming for no unplanned snacks. I will have one after work, but that is it.
    Have a great Tuesday.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Scale did not move a bit this week,(gotta work on my logging, steps good)
    My B day is a couple days away but not really celebrating till maybe next week, because My daughter has to go for oral surgery first thing in the morning Friday! She is 10 and a champ (not scared at all) I on the other hand am nervous :neutral: Have a great week everyone!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @janetay01I'm glad you're able to meet up with your entire antenatal group! And you're right. I do need to have that conversation with myself because somethings got to give. I think after the personal training session is done that is going to be the one to go.

@ngolden3320 Glad to have you back! Great job getting back on track with eating and exercise.

@ShyCush6 I'm glad you're hanging in there even though your head isn't in it. And I eat raw cookie dough all the time ;)

@JenHul Sorry to hear that you've got your daughter's oral surgery appointment around your birthday. What are you doing to celebrate?

@jdelaroy Great job sticking to your goals and setting up a plan for success today!

@melaniedscott Congrats on getting the boot off! You'll have your leg back in no time!

@iphonelover321 I agree with @gemwolf110, a lot of the initial loss is water weight so your body is just fluctuating. Keep to it and you'll continue to see the scale go down. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

@gemwolf110 Sorry to hear about your bichon, hope she's feeling better today. Having to deal with sickness in the house is always hard, I suck at staying on plan during those times too
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see everyone back and posting!!!

Today is my birthday, and even though I went way over this weekend I'm still going to enjoy today and not worry about it. Tomorrow will be back to my regularly scheduled eating programming :)

Plus both lunch and dinner are homemade since I am so socially overloaded I don't even want to go out to eat (we're doing a raincheck). Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Rachel - happy birthday - have a lovely day and get back on the horse tomorrow. Birthdays are to be enjoyed :).

@JenHul - happy birthday when it comes! Lousy timing for your daughter - hope it goes well for her. And once that's done you can celebrate your birthday - do you have any plans?

Jen - will try to upload the picture tonight! It took us till nearly 9.30 last night to get Alistair to sleep - needless to say, that was the evening pretty much done with!

@melaniedscott - good for you losing the cast, that is a giant step forward for you. Agree with you about the Banff area - everyone is so friendly and genuinely welcoming, you don't feel like its' forced. Not been to Johnston Canyon - ah, making me want to go back there now!

@iphonelover321 - that is great progress, keep doing what you are doing and try not to get discouraged, some weeks will be better than others.

@gemwolf110 - glad for your fiancé, sorry for the dog! Hope you manage to avoid all the illness!

Shy - glad to see you back. Sometimes I think you just have to walk away from it all for a bit - does us good I believe and gives a chance for refocus.

Battling through the week here - not feeling quite so manic as before and I've actually managed to knock a few things off my list at work. Parents evening at the nursery tonight - a chance to see how Alistair is getting on in his new room. My mum is babysitting for us - which is great except that after last night, I am concerned. If we couldn't get him to bed, what chance does she have??? Although he may like that it is different - will it be wrong of me if I'm completely gutted if he behaves better for my mum than he does for me???

• PhedraJD
    Options
    @Rachel0778 You snuck that in on us. Happy Birthday! Home made dinner and a quiet evening sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Sorry it has been a little bit. I have been very busy with my other challenges on MFP. I also got a puppy this past weekend, and the previous weeks have been getting everything ready for him and the adoption process.

I'm popping my head in to say hello, I'm around, but might be checking in a little less frequently now that my puppy is taking up a lot of my time. At least he's helping me get my steps in!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @wishfuljune MMM... Hello? Where are pictures of this little fur baby? Congrats BTW.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Joy: Do you want our snow?! LOL! Actually it is raining here today! Goodbye to what snow was on the ground… Hope the logging is going better this week! Hope you had an awesome weekend, sounds like you had a lot planned!

Missy: I was rooting for the Falcons too!! And I did like the halftime show! I thought she did amazing and I’m not even a huge fan! Hope the puppy is better!

Malanie: Yay for no cast!! Hope you are off the crutches soon too!

Jdalaroy: Way to resist.. you got this… no unplanned snacks!!

JenHul: Kids are strong.. no fear… moms on the other hand are not! LOL! I’m sure she will sail through it!

Janetay: I am definitely refocused! I had a great day yesterday!! Kids are way better with grandma’s than mom and dad.. they know how far they can push us… ;) He will do great! They always do!

Rachel: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You deserve a day!! Have fun, relax and make it all about you!!

June: Puppy?! How exciting!! Congrats!!! Hope we can see a picture soon!!

So yesterday I rocked it! I was so pissed I forgot to wear my fitbit at the gym… So I missed 3 miles! Damn it! Guess I have to make up for it today!! I ate awesome!! I am ready to do this! I think that break gave me a burst! Love it!! Everytime I’ve been hungry… I grab my water bottle and slam a bunch of water! Fills me up and I am good to go!!
  • fitnfabwithsri
    fitnfabwithsri Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Shy this is Sri, i have goals to crush this year, iam really done being overweight and now its time to take my health and body back also this year marks my 10th wedding anniversay so i want to be in shape for that. i have 55-60 pounds to loose in total,and with right motivation i think we all can do it.because staying motivated and staying on track is my biggest problem hope i will overcome all that.....
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rachel.

Well yesterday. Hubby came home from work throwing up and Cassidy came home from school with strep throat. I hid in the bed room. Gotta love Ohio today 58 and rainy tomorrow 38 and Thursday 25 and snowy. Yuck. Dam groundhog. I also loved the half time show. And what happened to the falcons.
    Having a big salad with chicken for dinner and can't wait to get home to eat it.

Everyone is doing so great. I am glad to be back

June need some puppy pics. Please
  • JenHul
    Options
    @janetay01 thanx for b day wishes! Turning 42 so no big plans, maybe eating out(so I don't have to cook on b day)
  • JenHul
    Options
    @Rachel0778 Happy B-Day!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @jenhul Happy birthday to both you and your daughter. Hope her surgery goes well.

@Rachel0778 How was your birthday yesterday? Did you enjoy your cake?

@janetay01 I bet grandma will know how to handle the little guy. After all she has raised her own. It is normal for our kids to be better behaved with other people. They aren’t comfortable with them, so they aren’t trying to test their boundaries. Mom and Dad provide a safe place and they trust that you won’t let them be hurt when they are testing out the rules.

@shycush6 Remember your darn Fitbit. You can’t give me a run for my money otherwise. LOL. I think we are about even. I didn’t do much yesterday.

@ngolden3320 I hope your family gets well soon, and you don’t catch their bugs. Dinner sounded yummy.
    Well yesterday was a not so great day for me. I ended up having sever stomach pain. This is normal for me, and the doctors can't do much about it. Needless to say, I didn't complete too many of my goals, and I over ate. I am a comfort eater. Here is to a better day today.
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    is this group still accepting applications for new members?

I'm a pretty common MFP candidate, adopted the calorie count in 2013 and weighed 270 lbs. lost 40lbs and then stopped counting calories.

low and behold im back up near my original weight so im back with vengeance.

As with the original Op on page 1 (founder of the group) i had my first success by finding a close group of people who were very active and supportive.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @tbrain1989 There really isn't a group, just an open thread. Anyone and everyone is welcome to post. We try to keep it positive. Offer lots of support, encouragement, respect and cheering. It is a good place to share your successes and your not so great moments. So you are welcome here! Good luck on your journey to a healthier and happier you.
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy thanks for the heads up. it looks like a time served active thread so i can hopefully join in to see how everyone is doing
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    I am here most mornings. The thread dies on the weekends though.