Sneaky Protein Ideas

Options
13»

Replies

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Whoa....looking through my old posts I found this gem.

Some of these were brilliant and I'm going to have to re-examine them. But I will admit, I haven't found a companionable sauce for organic black bean spaghetti as...spaghetti. Further research may be needed.

Also for anyone who cares, add quinoa flour to the list. Quinoa flour waffles will fill me up in NO time. Freeze well and taste pretty good too. Plus, gluten free for all of those who have sensitivities.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks for revisiting the thread.
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Whoa....looking through my old posts I found this gem.

Some of these were brilliant and I'm going to have to re-examine them. But I will admit, I haven't found a companionable sauce for organic black bean spaghetti as...spaghetti. Further research may be needed.

Also for anyone who cares, add quinoa flour to the list. Quinoa flour waffles will fill me up in NO time. Freeze well and taste pretty good too. Plus, gluten free for all of those who have sensitivities.

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are a good (and low calorie) way to slip a little extra in. I do have a protein shake most days and have put a bit of egg white in it. I know you said no shakes, but you could put it in a smoothie.

I also love kodiak pancake mix, one of which has a high amount of protein. Throwing some egg white in there boosts it even more.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I like to eat plants and pretend there is protein in them
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I didnt see tofu mentioned anywhere.it has decent amount of protein and can be made like scrambled eggs,fried or baked.