Always below 1000 calories. Dizzy.

Options

Replies

• sarahrusse_
    sarahrusse_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Been going on past 2 months and no eating disorder(s)
  • HealthyGlitterFlask
    Options
    I second peanut butter and doctors- also you could try drinking some cals? milk/diet shakes with reasonably good nutritional values could help add cals, and also use more oil in cooking or as dressings on salads etc.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    No matter how much I seem to eat i often do not even get to 1000 calories in a day. It's often 500, 600, 900. I feel very dizzy and light headed after I eat something with much volume to it. I feel faint if I have a somewhat large meal. Help?

Well until you see a doctor, which I urge you to go ASAP, since you definitely need to eat over 1000 calories per day, I would eat stuff that is small in volume, and big in calories. Have a peanut butter sandwich with jelly etc. I wouldn't wait until March for the appointment though. Good luck!
  • sarahrusse_
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Did this problem just start?

Gradually getting worse over past 2months.
  • sarahrusse_
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Maybe if your having a hypoglycemic event due to blood sugar crashing a while after you eat (especially if your eating refined sugars). I definitely would see a Dr. I also think I would be eating fats and proteins and cut back on refined sugars if you think the hypoglycemic thing is happening. Do you get dizzy immediately after eating or an hour or two later? See a Dr. soon!
    About half hour after I eat

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Maybe if your having a hypoglycemic event due to blood sugar crashing a while after you eat (especially if your eating refined sugars). I definitely would see a Dr. I also think I would be eating fats and proteins and cut back on refined sugars if you think the hypoglycemic thing is happening. Do you get dizzy immediately after eating or an hour or two later? See a Dr. soon!

Are you eating lots of refined sugar?
  • sarahrusse_
    Options

Are you eating lots of refined sugar?

No
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You log foods that are not really "light", like potato salad, cookies, mayonnaise. If you are going to eat smaller quantities, make it count. Whole grains, "healthy" fats (avocado, nuts, seeds), protein, veggies and fruit. But see a doctor to find out what the problem is. You may have a food allergy, hypoglycemia, thyroid problem, who knows.

That is what I was thinking if its not a sugar crash. We aren't the Drs. though so please (OP) see Dr.
  • sarahrusse_
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    See a doc. This could be minor or major, but the sooner the better is what I would do.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a doctor. One cause of dizziness after eating is that the heart isn't able to increase its rate, so the increased need for blood during digestion results in less blood flowing to the brain. You might consider snacking more, so you aren't trying to digest as much at one time.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Definitely see a doctor. One cause of dizziness after eating is that the heart isn't able to increase its rate, so the increased need for blood during digestion results in less blood flowing to the brain. You might consider snacking more, so you aren't trying to digest as much at one time.

Yes, I wondered about this. Digestion takes a lot of blood flow and if your blood pressure is low I could imagine this making you dizzy. You need to see a doctor ASAP.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Take a pregnancy test (if it applies). Might be feeling faint from rapid blood volume expansion and other hormonal changes like the progesterone surge. Also please go see a doctor!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    See a doc asap!

but it does sounds like a sugar crash from lack of calories, you are very much under feeding your body and its letting you know you need to feed it.
  • sarahrusse_
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Okay well, I'm glad you're seeing a doctor soon but let's state the facts so far:

This has been gradually getting worse for TWO months.
    Your profile doesn't list where you live. Do you live in a country where it takes months to book a doctor's appointment? Something like this going on for two months is downright scary and every day you could be damaging your body even more. How much weight have you lost over the past two months eating like this?

You get dizzy if you eat more than a little bit.
    Your diary only goes back less than two weeks. I see for a few days you were able to hit almost 1200. Aside from the day you ate a cinnamon roll, your higher calorie days tend to be lower in sugar which brings me to the next fact.

You said no when someone asked if you're eating a lot of refined sugars.
    One look at your diary shows this is incorrect. Cookies show up in your diary often and you had a cinnamon roll the other day. Other than that, I see a lot of fruit which has sugars, though not refined. I would guess this has something to do with it, as you may be having sugar spikes/crashes, which leads me to suggest you need to see a doctor now, not in March.

We can't diagnose you over the internet and the advice will be very generic. The advice you should follow is of those telling you to get to a doctor ASAP, even if you have to go to the ER. Yes, you've been able to deal with this for two months, but you're saying it's getting worse, so imagine how much worse it will get by March.

Yeah I had a cookie a couple days because I graduated school and we made them.

I live in Canada and the soonest I could get to my doctor is March. I have been dealing with it but it is scary and it prevents me from doing things and going places. Last time I checked my weight I had lost 16 pounds.

I'm doing my best :( I am 19 and I just started living by my own and I buy what I can that's healthy but it's not always easy.