Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    I love all the dog pics, wish i can comment on each one individually & you're all doing a great job too! what a great group
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Well the bug found me. Woke up yesterday morning at 12:30 and continued to get sick until 6 last night. I have not thrown up that much since I was pregnant with jenna Came to work today but I am counting the hours until I can leave. Now body better mess with me today. Happy Friday.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @rachel0778 Glad that Chance did well yesterday. Good job rocking those machines. Do you like the training you are getting?

@wishfuljune He is adorable! Thanks for coming back and sharing pics. Hope everything else is going well. We miss hearing from you.

@jenhul Too cute. We use to have a cockapoo. Such lovable dogs.

@shycush6 Great job on the weight loss. I think you found your mojo. I hope you tweaked the boy’s ear when
    you got back. Doesn’t he know it is dangerous to tease a woman who is trying to lose weight with GS cookies. I’ve done really good and not bought any of those things.

@gemwolf110 I love the one of them all in blankets. Our dog likes to do that too.

@ngolden3320 Feel better soon! Hope work goes smoothly for you.

Over all I did pretty good yesterday. Yesterday morning, we were trying to figure out what to have for dinner last night. It seemed like all the stuff I had in my freezer we had just eaten in the last week. So we said, screw it we will figure something else out. I did. I ended up making breakfast casserole. Oh man was it good! Everyone liked it. Hard to do when feeding 6.
    Last night I fell really hard on my knees. I am now limping along. Having an easy day today.
    Happy Friday, and a great successful weekend everyone.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 Sorry you aren't feeling well. It's a shame you weren't able to take today to recover

@jdelaroy I love breakfast casserole too! Such an easy awesome dinner, I hope your knees feel better today. I really love my PT sessions. Our trainer has been in the military for 10 years and does a great job of explaining things and adapting workouts. The only downside is that since I already have so many things going on I feel like I'm overtraining and never home!

@gemwolf110 Great photos! I totally want to jump in on that puppy cuddle pile! Also, how do you keep your couch looking so good? Ours is a drool laden disaster!

@ShyCush6 Congrats on the loss! I'm glad you were able to take some time for yourself at the gym last night. I'm very jealous you have girl scout cookies in your area. I have no idea where our local girl scouts are but I haven't seen a single one!

@JenHul Barkley is so cute! What a little snuggler!

@wishfuljune I love your new pup! He sounds like a fast learner!

I made it through yesterday in one piece!!! I had personal training in the morning and a 2 hour derby practice at night. These long days are really starting to wear on me! 3 more weeks of personal training though and then my life can get back to a normal amount of activity.

Tonight I'm going to a concert with some girl friends to celebrate my birthday. I'm really excited to dance the night away! And then Saturday is my first roller derby mixer. Wish me luck!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone! Whew, what a week. I only have time to say a quick hi and check in, as I have to get to an afternoon conference!
    I looooove all the doggy pics! Aren't they all so cute?! I also like how some have similar names - Copper/Cooper! Bentley/Barkley! :)
    I put my fitbit back on this morning - had a nice chat with my bestie on the phone last night, she gave me a good pep talk. She's down 11 lbs just since January, so I better get my *kitten on board already!

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm slamming water, and I'm logging my food. Gonna go snowshoeing again on Monday (it's a long weekend here!) Hope everyone gets over their sickness and aches/pains, and can have time to make healthy meals and exercise each day. :)
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Wow! Talk about a dog pile! They're all so cute! I have no cute puppies. :( . Of course, I'm allergic, so...probably better this way.

So the walking boot is killing me--it is heavier than the cast was! I dropped to just one crutch a couple days ago and boy is that rough! Today I went to a seed fair with my sister in law and got some cool seeds. We trotted around the place for an hour. Boy, was I tired when I got back. We'll see if I actually do any real veggie growing. I tend toward a black thumb...I touch it, it turns black.

It is definitely Girl Scout cookie time. I've got a bunch coming my way...but I've joined this stupid weightloss program to earn points for a health insurance and sweets are forbidden for the next two/three weeks...so the cookies will be put away (I cheated last night and had a Vienna Finger...who knew one cookie was 75 calories?!?). And I've been sourcing them for others... :D I'd had a menu planned for next week but I'm reducing the amount of food I'm eating this week with the program I'm on and now I have a bunch of leftovers that need eating...so maybe my plan will change.

You have all been so busy! Rachel...you are amazing...the derby and the personal training are a lot of activity! So impressed. I hope the concert was great! Welcome Brian (& Bruce Wayne)! If our posts say "Hey, Ladies!" it's just because so many of us are, well, girls. I'll try to include gents, too. Happy birthday to all our birthday girls! Way to go on getting back on track, Shy! @ngolden...hope you're better really soon. @jdelaroy...the body analysis sunds pretty cool. And the skating sounds so fun. I'm so looking forward to being back on my feet all the way...one of my friends has been wanting to take her 6 year old skating and I am so up for that.

Anyway, hope all of you have a really awesome weekend!
  • Evamutt
    Options
    melaniedscott, so sorry you have to wear the walking boot & it hurts your feet. I had one of those in the past. I saw a friend I havent seen for a while yesterday & she said I'm skinny, even tho I have 25 more lbs. A neighbor down the street saw me while walking dogs who hasn't seen me for a while & she noticed the wt I lost even tho I was wearing a big sweater. It did make me feel good, even tho I'm doing it for me.Hubby has electrical problem in his heart, the Dr said he's going to get to the bottom of it & he's on meds now. April dog is feeling much better. Took her for walk too.I had all this ambition for today, but after some house work & 3 dog walks, it's gone, lol. I'm cooking some lentil stew, I use the orange ones & chicken with veggies with cream of mushroom soup & drinking lots of hot tea today (no sugar) hope ya'll had good weekend.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    I forgot to show pic of April. owqji4uv5vkyb.jpg
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    afternoon all - just a quick pop in, not had a chance to go through all updates so will get back to that later. I'm having a study day at home - writing an assignment on the differences between coaching and mentoring and how it could work in my organisation. Why did I sign up to do this again???? Got a days holiday tomorrow - going to try and be creative (and mushy romantic :) ) and make some valentines cupcakes - I'm using ready roll icing which i've never tried before - if they come out vaguely ok, I'll post a picture. have a good monday all!
  • janetay01
    Options
    Jen - quilt update as requested!

2hnxdud0i5mk.jpg
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My daughter was a trooper, she was so brave and she is healing up well. My hubby surprised me at work on my B day with flowers and a B day cake! So over all it was a good week, even went down a tiny bit on the scale! Have a great week everyone.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 That's exciting news about your friend, she sounds like a great ally for your weight loss journey

@jenhul Happy Birthday! Glad your husband made if a great one

@Evamutt I'd be wiped after 3 dog walks too, way to go!

@janetay01 amazing progress on that quilt!

@melaniedscott I hope those 3 weeks go quicklh, that sounds horribly restrictive!

@gemwolf110 Thanks for the tip on the couch, I really do need to cave and get a cover. My dog not only drools but he also licks the couch (little weirdo)

I had an amazing weekend, but I am absolutely burnt out. Friday I went to a concert in the cities with my friends for my birthday. Saturday I had only 2 hours at home before I headed out to my first roller derby mixer. I had an absolute blast but both nights I was out past midnight. I've been pushing myself too hard lately to say yes to everything. I really need to start saying no and scaling back. I hope everyone is having a great Monday
  • cheryllynn513
    cheryllynn513 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im down 105 pounds since march of last year. i have 31 more pounds to go before reaching my goal weight, and that is proving to be the most difficult. Would love to have a group of ppl to share motivation, triumps and struggles with.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Nicole: Sorry to hear you’ve been sick… Hope you felt better over the weekend!

Jdelaroy: Hope your knees are better! Ouch! I think I have found my mojo finally! I love breakfast for dinner! I was craving pancakes so I had them for dinner Thursday!

Rachel: Love the new picture!!! Glad to hear you had a blast at the concert!! How the derby mixer go? I’m sure you did awesome! I caught my dog licking the couch yesterday too! I’m guessing one of the kiddos we had over Sat. night dripped something! Hope you can find some me time and not burn yourself out!

Joy: It’s great to have friends along on your journey! All my friends are skinny *kitten*! LOL! Hope you had a great weekend!

Melaine: Hope the boot is getting better! Sounds like you are keeping busy… an hour walking in a boot is a long walk!

Eva: Love when people notice you are working so hard! What a great feeling!! April is a cutie! Glad she is feeling better!

Janetay: The quilt is looking amazing!!! Great job!! Can’t wait to see the cupcake pictures! I’m sure they turned out awesome!

JenHul: Glad to hear your daughter did great! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Happy belated!! =)

Welcome Cheryl! Sounds like you are doing amazing! We love hearing achievement stories! Please share often!

Well, ladies! I am so proud of myself!! Had a nice chill night at home with Lexi Friday night. Woke up & worked out on the elliptical in the basement for 45 min. Then I went to a meat raffle, had a couple cocktails & came home with a Stuffed Pork Roast and stuffed pork chops! One of them will be dinner tonight! Then came home to chill out & watched “Sully” with Lexi and her friend. It was good. I like true stories. Sunday, Lexi and I hit the gym for over an hour and a half! It felt awesome! We also hit the hydro massage beds too! I managed to have cocktails, papa murphy’s pizza, and Girl Scout cookies this weekend and I didn’t gain at all! I finally know my balance. I have to get in some great workouts to enjoy some yummy treats! Actually I am very proud of myself as I finally realized my dilemma…All this time I keep reading lifestyle change and that is a great thing, don’t get me wrong. So I have been eating/burning for a lifestyle change and not to lose weight. I need to first eat/burn to lose weight, then I can maintain with the lifestyle change eating/burning. Because that was exactly what I was doing… maintaining and not losing. I don’t know why that brick did not hit me WAY sooner! WTH! So I am down 4.5 lbs since the New Year basically. 2.5 of that from last week after the brick hit! I update my goal chart starting last week, so I feel fresh and regenerated! Now to keep at it and do this!! Shooting for 1.5 per week… I can do this! Hope you all have a great week!
  • Meg_DeLaCruz
    Meg_DeLaCruz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! was really committed a while back, then got married and had 2 babies..... gained 50-60 lbs aannnnnnd now I need to lose it. I'm ready... but appreciate MFP supporters!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Awesome gemwolf110! Good for you!

Janetay...the quilt looks amazing. I'm so impressed when people have those skills. I can sew, a little, but my real issue is persistence. I'll start a project but I get bored and move to something else.

Cheryllynn...that is a fantastic loss!

Shy--that is terrific loss for the month. Glad you had a good weekend!

Rachael--your weekend sounds like a lot of fun. What's your derby name? I know most leagues give everybody a 'stage' name and they're always amusing.

I started feeling a little iffy Friday and thought it was just allergies. It wasn't. Every day has gotten a bit worse. Today I started coughing a lot, which means it's irritating my asthma. I got off work and took a nap. Don't know how tomorrow will go...I have to actually go to the office. Sigh. Maybe I'll wake up all better. Doubtful...This is not the week I'd choose for being ill. I have an all day meeting Thursday with a two hour drive to and from. Upside, I feel so crappy, I don't feel much like eating.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    congrats on your promotion, gemwolf, way to go shy, we have the hydro chairs where I go too, I wish i can be at the gym longer, like you, but I get ansy staying in one place for too long. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, meaniedscott. I do hope & prayed for it to just go away. I know how miserable it is when you're sick & have obligations. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend Rachel, but fun.Today was a good day for me, went to volunteer at the dog rescue & we brainstormed some ideas how to get the dogs that have been there a long time more adoptable. One of the reasons is pulling on the leash, so I'm planing to take some time to walk at least one of them while I'm there. I notice a different eating pattern has developed lately. I find I'm more hunger satisfied if I eat 2 larger meals & no snacks.Before mfp, I only ate twice a day but I ate too much food. I'm still going to have fruit/veggie smoothies in the morning tho.I think it's the cold/wet weather, in the warm weather i only ate when i was really hungry. I just finished eating lentil stew but I want something else too, not sure what yet. strange how things change. I'm fine with it as long as I don't go over. I've been drinking more hot tea at night, 2-3 cups. no added sugar
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Shy- meat raffle what a great idea. we just had our reverse raffle for high school softball. oh course I won squat. I would love to have won some stuffed meat. lol. Could you throw your brick my way so it can hit me. It is rough trying to get back into it like I was.

Rachel- Roller Derby sounds like so much fun. And yes what is your Roller Derby name?

Cheryl- Great job on your weight loss. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Janet- Quilt is just beautiful.

So that stomach think kicked my *kitten*. I didn't start feeling like myself until Sunday afternoon. The kids got hubby and I a hotel room for valentines day. Saturday we ran around some (body ached like crazy) then went to dinner. Longhorn steak was amazing but couldn't eat it all since stomach still wasn't right :'( then we went to the hotel. We sure suck as a romantic couple. we were both dead asleep within a half hour of arriving. But it was nice to get away and we must have needed the sleep. So far kids haven't gotten it.

Everyone have a Happy Valentines Day with you loved ones. Talk to you tomorrow.

• Rachel0778
    Options
    My roller derby name is Buffy the Derby Slayer :)

@ngolden3320 Sorry to hear you were so sick over the weekend and you weren't able to enjoy the romantic dinner/night away!

@Evamutt I love that you're helping pups become more adoptable. Mine is a puller on the leash too, we do the gentle leader which he absolutely hates. Any tips to reduce the pulling without it?

@melaniedscott Sorry to hear you're not feeling well either, it's really going around!

@Meg_DeLaCruz and @cheryllynn513 Welcome!!!

@gemwolf110 CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You earned that promotion!

@ShyCush6 The derby mixer went well! I fell no less than 30 times, but I did make lead jammer once (for non-derby people this means I was scoring points). I'm glad you've found your equilibrium. I came to the same conclusion that as long as I stay active, treats can stay in my life.

I ended up feeling pretty crappy yesterday so I stayed home from work and skipped derby practice. Today I feel a million times better. It was wonderful to sit around, interact with no one but the dog, read my book, binge watch the new season of UnReal, and take a nap! Today I went to my AM personal training, we're having a potluck at lunch (I'm sticking with healthy options), and my significant other is making me a steak dinner for valentines day <3 It's going to be a food heavy day but totally worth it. I finally caved and looked at the scale yesterday and I'm less than 2lbs different from before Thanksgiving, which means I'm right in maintenance mode. That weight is going to melt off, especially as the weather starts getting nicer.

What are all your Valentine's Day plans?
  • janetay01
    Options
    Slightly wonky valentines cupcakes