Always below 1000 calories. Dizzy.

Options

Replies

• Nireedk
    Nireedk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    POTS is most commonly known for causing dizziness upon standing. In some cases, patients actually faint when trying to stand, earning POTS the nickname of “the fainting disease”. However, dizziness and fainting are just a few of the many often debilitating symptoms POTS patients battle on a daily basis. Additional symptoms include:

Headaches
    Nausea
    Abdominal pain
    Chronic Pain (General)
    Chest Pains
    Heart Palpitations
    Fatigue
    Shortness of Breath
    Insomnia
    Brain Fog
    Sweating Abnormalities
    Weakness
    Bladder Dysfunction
    Tremors
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Please go to an urgent care. It's not safe for you to feel faint or dizzy at all...driving, others, kids, etc! It could be as simple as a deficiency or a little more involved.
  • sarahrusse_
    sarahrusse_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nireedk wrote: »
    POTS is most commonly known for causing dizziness upon standing. In some cases, patients actually faint when trying to stand, earning POTS the nickname of “the fainting disease”. However, dizziness and fainting are just a few of the many often debilitating symptoms POTS patients battle on a daily basis. Additional symptoms include:

Headaches
    Nausea
    Abdominal pain
    Chronic Pain (General)
    Chest Pains
    Heart Palpitations
    Fatigue
    Shortness of Breath
    Insomnia
    Brain Fog
    Sweating Abnormalities
    Weakness
    Bladder Dysfunction
    Tremors

This sounds pretty familiar
    Thank u
  • sarahrusse_
    Options
    I am going to try to see my doctor asap.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to see my doctor asap.

Hon, if your doctor can't see you right away, please go to a walk-in clinic or Emerg. It's probably best if you go to Emerg anyway, since your doctor or a clinic won't have the testing resources that the hospital will, and they'd likely just refer to to the hospital anyway.

Please don't wait. It's probably nothing, but it's time you found out since it's obviously not getting better on its own.
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You should eat at least 1,200 calories per day. Try that and see if it helps. If you're still dizzy, see a doctor.
  • I_rock525
    I_rock525 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant, both times, this would happen. It was my blood sugar dropping. I only had it happen when I was pregnant. You may try high protein foods with your meals (I was told this but it didn't help) or suck on some candy. To confirm this, take your blood sugar level with one of those prick machines and see what it says before vs after eating.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I echo what others have said....you need to see a Dr before March.

Also, after looking at your diary, you are not getting enough protein, vegetables and fruit. You are eating empty calories. This, of course, is my opinion. I am not a Dr, nor a nutritionist.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast today of 1 cup Rice Krispies and 1 cup milk is, prima facie, not accurate. Get a scale. Use it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    No matter how much I seem to eat i often do not even get to 1000 calories in a day. It's often 500, 600, 900. I feel very dizzy and light headed after I eat something with much volume to it. I feel faint if I have a somewhat large meal. Help?
    Eat more calorie dense foods then. Peanut butter, avocados, cheese, sour cream, etc.
    Even if one was eating "clean", this could be met.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • larry_world
    larry_world Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I am a high endurance athlete and my calorie count isn't high either. Don't always feel obligated to eat more calories if you are full.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast today of 1 cup Rice Krispies and 1 cup milk is, prima facie, not accurate. Get a scale. Use it.

Getting a scale and measuring her foods won't solve her problem.
  • sarahrusse_
    Options
    Trying my best here.
    To put it in perspective I got up at 8:30, drank lots of water, had two pieces of toast with peanut butter and bananas on them at 9:30, and now I can't get up because the whole room is spinning and I feel like I'll faint or fall down.
    I wouldn't be able to eat unless I am able to say home for 2h afterwards because that's how long it takes to go away.
    Thanks
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Trying my best here.
    To put it in perspective I got up at 8:30, drank lots of water, had two pieces of toast with peanut butter and bananas on them at 9:30, and now I can't get up because the whole room is spinning and I feel like I'll faint or fall down.
    I wouldn't be able to eat unless I am able to say home for 2h afterwards because that's how long it takes to go away.
    Thanks

Again, please go to the hospital and get checked out. This is now negatively impacting your life to the point where you can't even eat unless you're home. Can you not see that's an issue?

Btw, you don't have to be bleeding to death or dying to go to Emerg. They see all levels of patients every day. Don't feel that your case isn't 'urgent' enough to warrant a trip to the hospital. :)