New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    The one thing I can't get over when it comes to Enlightened or Halo Top is the sheer PRICE of a single pint of ice cream. When you are on a tight budget $4.99 or $5.99 for so little is just out of the question.

How about $7.49? That's at the local store across the street from my house. I almost fainted when I saw that! At Target it's $5.49 here
  • Haught2015
    Haught2015 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just tried the Maple French Toast Thomas Bagels...They are delicious!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    For me Enlightened tastes artificial. It's not bad and I'll still eat it if I find a good price on it... but there's just an aftertaste that I can't ignore (which I've had on a couple Halo Top pints too though). It doesn't give me diarrhea like Halo Top does though...

I won't pay more than $4 for a pint of either though... I did stock up on Halo Top last week at Shop Rite!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    The one thing I can't get over when it comes to Enlightened or Halo Top is the sheer PRICE of a single pint of ice cream. When you are on a tight budget $4.99 or $5.99 for so little is just out of the question.

How about $7.49? That's at the local store across the street from my house. I almost fainted when I saw that! At Target it's $5.49 here

It's all probably just supply and demand. It's true, the ingredients are probably more expensive but I can't imagine it being THAT much more expensive. I assume it's because Halo Top and Enlightened are really the only two good diet/protein ice creams out there, once more brands start flooding the market (which I'm sure they will soon, especially as larger companies notice this trend) the prices will be driven down. For the time being, they have me in their hands. Both of them. Especially during Shoprites sales of each. My freezer is no longer for food, that stays in the fridge now and requires more careful planning xD
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Quest bar cinnamon roll I just got from quest directly looked so much different than usual and had a completely different texture..... I hate how sometimes with quest the bars seem different consistency...makes you wonder how accurate the nutritional info actually is. These were as soft as B UP bars (if not softer) and when I help them out they sagged and bent. Usually they are quite hard. They tasted like there was A LOT of almond butter in it. Anyone else notice how different each batch is? Drives me nuts because sometimes I like a batch then I buy again and totally different.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

It's all probably just supply and demand. It's true, the ingredients are probably more expensive but I can't imagine it being THAT much more expensive. I assume it's because Halo Top and Enlightened are really the only two good diet/protein ice creams out there, once more brands start flooding the market (which I'm sure they will soon, especially as larger companies notice this trend) the prices will be driven down. For the time being, they have me in their hands. Both of them. Especially during Shoprites sales of each. My freezer is no longer for food, that stays in the fridge now and requires more careful planning xD

I am lucky I am not an ice cream fan or I would be so hooked on all these ice creams you all post about LOL. QUest bars deplete my bank account enough :wink:
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    http://www.nupasta.com/

25 cals for an entire package! I think they are amazing...i make chicken soup with lots of leafy veggies and throw a bunch in like noodles....spaghetti.....no smell...no weird taste...just taste like noodles / pasta...amazing love love love
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Another reason I don't buy very many pints. I don't have the freezer space to stock up during a sale.

I also saw the Hostess ice creams. Didn't get any because it was hotter today.

Where'd you find it at Kroger?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I tend to buy a lot of my more expensive treats when I get a bonus at work or wait till an online site like GNC or Vitaminshoppe has a sale.
  • luan7372
    luan7372 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    izohhjvtdc44.jpg

I think these have been on the market before, but I bought them from Tesco today,( I am a vegetarian, but not a vegan), and omg yes they do taste like fish-fingers! Had them as a sandwich with tomato ketchup..yum! :)
  • arya8
    Options

haha so true, I wish I had a separate freezer just for that stuff! I was so excited when I saw they carried Halo Top so close to me, but when I saw the price my jaw dropped. I'm just hoping that when they do have sales, they will be good because this store is known for really good sales.
  • arya8
    Options
    tarothelp wrote: »

25 cals for an entire package! I think they are amazing...i make chicken soup with lots of leafy veggies and throw a bunch in like noodles....spaghetti.....no smell...no weird taste...just taste like noodles / pasta...amazing love love love

:open_mouth: That looks so good! But they only sell it in Canada it seems. I'll see if they deliver to usa
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I am lucky I am not an ice cream fan or I would be so hooked on all these ice creams you all post about LOL. QUest bars deplete my bank account enough :wink:

Hahaha to each their own obsession! XD Pancakes and ice cream are my weaknesses, whereas I never really was big on cookies, chips, or cheesecake like I see some people on other blogs go nuts over!
    As for what you've mentioned about the inconsistency with your quest bars, I really don't buy them too often but I have definitely noticed this and thought it was just me! Perhaps Quest DID change their recipe again this time though? I was in the Vitamin Shoppe last week and every single quest bar I picked up was SO SOFT and squishy, I couldn't tell if it was a warmer day and they just stocked the shelves or what! I bought one though and it stayed this soft!

Oh, by the way, speaking of Pancake stuff. NOTICED THIS ON TARGET'S CARTWHEEL APP. They better have it in the store this time!!!7cksfzb7eoyp.png
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

I saw Halo Top for $7-$8 at a local grocery store too. BUT whole foods had it on sale for $3.99 last week so I stocked up!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    tarothelp wrote: »

Love love reviews like this.....& hey,it's cheaper than the fake ice cream!

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Hahaha to each their own obsession! XD Pancakes and ice cream are my weaknesses, whereas I never really was big on cookies, chips, or cheesecake like I see some people on other blogs go nuts over!
    As for what you've mentioned about the inconsistency with your quest bars, I really don't buy them too often but I have definitely noticed this and thought it was just me! Perhaps Quest DID change their recipe again this time though? I was in the Vitamin Shoppe last week and every single quest bar I picked up was SO SOFT and squishy, I couldn't tell if it was a warmer day and they just stocked the shelves or what! I bought one though and it stayed this soft!

Oh, by the way, speaking of Pancake stuff. NOTICED THIS ON TARGET'S CARTWHEEL APP. They better have it in the store this time!!!7cksfzb7eoyp.png

umm what!? that's not on my cartwheel app!!!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ktASZT2PF-M/VH-Kdn7yo2I/AAAAAAAAPKQ/-vmnZgiH5JA/s1600/tea-rrific+chunky+london+mist+ice+cream+pint.jpgI was really excited to try this, but it's just not that good. It almost tastes like lavender lotion. When you get a bite of chocolate or walnut, it's not so bad, but overall not impressed. And I love tea-flavored stuff.

Has tinypic not been working for anyone else?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    luan7372 wrote: »
    izohhjvtdc44.jpg

I think these have been on the market before, but I bought them from Tesco today,( I am a vegetarian, but not a vegan), and omg yes they do taste like fish-fingers! Had them as a sandwich with tomato ketchup..yum! :)
    Uggh! I never see this in Houston .

I see the chicken and crumbled stuff on Ibotta but not in storw

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Another reason I don't buy very many pints. I don't have the freezer space to stock up during a sale.

I also saw the Hostess ice creams. Didn't get any because it was hotter today.

Where'd you find it at Kroger?
    HEB

I think someone on the impulsive buy found it there too